Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Locked 93 messages Options

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Siskiyou_Kid
The Translation of Our Name: National Council of La Raza

Many people incorrectly translate our name, “La Raza,” as “the race.” While it is true that one meaning of “raza” in Spanish is indeed “race,” in Spanish, as in English and any other language, words can and do have multiple meanings. As noted in several online dictionaries, “La Raza” means “the people” or “the community.” Translating our name as “the race” is not only inaccurate, it is factually incorrect. “Hispanic” is an ethnicity, not a race. As anyone who has ever met a Dominican American, Mexican American, or Spanish American can attest, Hispanics can be and are members of any and all races.

The term “La Raza” has its origins in early 20th century Latin American literature and translates into English most closely as “the people” or, according to some scholars, as “the Hispanic people of the New World.” The term was coined by Mexican scholar José Vasconcelos to reflect the fact that the people of Latin America are a mixture of many of the world’s races, cultures, and religions. Mistranslating “La Raza” to mean “the race” implies that it is a term meant to exclude others. In fact, the full term coined by Vasconcelos, “La Raza Cósmica,” meaning the “cosmic people,” was developed to reflect not purity but the mixture inherent in the Hispanic people. This is an inclusive concept, meaning that Hispanics share with all other peoples of the world a common heritage and destiny.

And this is not just NCLR’s interpretation. According to the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, “La Raza” means:

“…Mexicans or Mexican Americans considered as a group, sometimes extending to all Spanish-speaking people of the Americas.”

Furthermore, MSNBC’s online Spanish-English website, Encarta, translates the term this way:

“Hispanic Spanish-speakers in the Americas: Mexicans, Mexican Americans, or Spanish-speaking people of the Americas, considered as a group.”

The Free Dictionary, available online, similarly finds that the term “La Raza”:

“…embodies the notion that traditional, exclusive concepts of race and nationality can be transcended in the name of humanity’s common destiny.”

For more answers to your questions about the goals of the National Council of La Raza, please refer to the following:

        The Translation of Our Name
        Support of Separatist Organizations
        Reconquista and Segregation
        Solely Hispanic-serving Programs
        Border Security and Immigration
        Earmark of Federal Funds
        Other Issues

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Critics also argue that National Council of La Raza's programs only serve Hispanics. This is simply not true. NCLR and its programs are covered by civil rights laws administered by independent agencies at the federal, state, and local level. We helped enact some of these laws, and we take them very seriously.

For example, in 2006, as part of NCLR’s homeownership program, NCLR Affiliates served about 29,000 clients. Almost 20% were White and approximately 12% were Black. The program targets low-income neighborhoods that contain large Hispanic populations, where NCLR Affiliates are often among the few institutions to offer their services in both English and Spanish. For these reasons, and due to the demographics of the neighborhoods served and the type of services offered, NCLR Affiliates tend to attract a Hispanic clientele, although not exclusively.

We note that throughout NCLR’s history, its staff have been represented by Americans from a wide spectrum of racial and ethnic groups—White, Black, Asian, Native American, Hispanic, and so on. We note further that NCLR’s bylaws, personnel policies, and institutional values contain explicit prohibitions against discrimination.
- See more at: http://www.nclr.org/index.php/about_us/faqs/the_truth_about_nclr/solely_hispanic-serving_programs/#sthash.4VbZbM68.dpuf

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Mexico-Watcher
ThinkTank wrote
Kid, I started reading that "news" article you posted and busted out laughing at the first line. "Reptilian Presidential candidate", It was so funny!

It is important to clarify what he really said.

He did not say "all" Mexicans are rapists, He was going down a list of bad types that come from Mexico, he paused to say something else, and then continued his list with "They're rapists, and some I assume, are good people."

It is very important in English to understand ENUNCIATION. In English, a very modern and expressive language, enunciation can make the same word mean the exact opposite, or it can mean something completely different. There was a great comedy skit a guy used to do with the word "Dude", and it illustrated the numerous ways "dude" can be used to express fear, happiness, surprise etc.

Commas are also extremely important. Im sure many of you have seen the memes on Facebook that illustrate the comical, and sometimes potentially disastrous ways in which comma placement makes all the difference in the world.

Here is what he said, in context, no BS. : Mexico is not sending it's best people, they are sending the worst people. They are sending criminals, drug dealers, and rapists.

So please stop with the lie that he said "all Mexicans are rapists". That is untrue, and it is an illegal argument in debate and would get you kicked out of any debate.

The ones trying to turn his words around are scammers and lairs. If you have come to talk bullshit, you have come to the wrong place here, because there are people here that are smart enough to see right into the heart of your secret desires. Even if you are yourself deceived by your bias, we are not deceived.

I have posted before about sitting for hours at the border checkpoints and watching all of the people coming and going. I've done this many times. It is appalling to see the people that come through those gates. (and some, I assume, are good people)

Do you think I saw people crossing in business suits with briefcases, ready for work? Nope, not a one. Do you think I saw pretty girls? Nope, only a few. The people I saw crossing the border were hip-hop cholos, that fat lady that breaks in line at walmart with her 2 shopping carts full of food stamp purchases. (you guys know who Im talking about) her 5 obese, dirty faced children, pregnant women, guys who looked like street con artists, and people (men and women) covered in gang and prison tattoos. Every single hour people are pulled aside and arrested for carrying drugs or because they are wanted for other crimes.

This is our HOME! Is this the kind of people we want in our home? No, not me.

Now, when I go Mexico, the streets are filled with beautiful girls, men are playing chess in the park, and they must be smart men, because they kick my butt every time I play against them. I see business owners working hard to make their places nice. I see people talking and laughing in the streets.

But those people only come to America to go shopping, or visit with friends. They don't want to leave their homes. If you've "got it made" in Mexico, brother, you've got it made!

To a large extent, the people that come to America to live, legally or otherwise, are desperate people.
MANY of them are straight up gangsters.

Forget Rape. Mr Trump was being much too kind. Many of them have killed, and chopped up bodies with axes and knives. These guys truly "do the jobs no one else want to do"

Over 100,000 recorded "narco" related deaths in the last few years. How many more murders not classified as "narco" related? How many more disappeared???

With a 2% conviction rate (may as well say almost NO ONE was convicted, except a few dirty guys from the ally) Has anyone done the math on how many mass murderers are running around Mexico now? I will bet the number is in the THOUSANDS.

Many of the cartel hitmen live in the US and only go to Mexico to carry out hits, then they slip back across the border. They live among us and act like good community members, but they are far from it.

There are drug houses all over America now with 20 or 30 people living in them. Ive seen Mexican men seduce gullible single women into relationships, only to later take over their houses by force. Once they have the woman beat down into submission, they start bringing in "the family".

These are the people we are getting from Mexico. It sickens me as an American and I know we MUST put a stop to it NOW.

The US should hand pick every person that comes in here. and I don't mean hire some La Raza sleeper cell person to administer the program. You have really got to watch out for those La Raza sleeper cell people, they are getting into our government everywhere, especially in positions where they can control the access to our public systems. Like the food stamp office, the visa office, the border patrol, the housing department, the police department.

Do not be deceived America. There is a silent war with Mexico going on inside our borders right now. It is a war declared by La Raza, and so far they are the only side fighting the war. They are working hard every day to accrue as much power as they can within our government. Their secret drive is to "make the white men into slaves".

Dont try to tell me that it is not true because I have heard it from the lips of many Mexicans. It is one of the things they sit around joking about at parties, but it is no joke.

Rapists. hah! It is much worse than that friends.

The ones you hear screaming the loudest now are the ones who realize that the PC revolution is being swept away by the TRUTH. They realize that their heretofore unopposed take over is about to meet head on with the REAL America.

It will not surprise me a bit if the response is the same as when Calderon put his foot down against the cartels.

Some of you may hate me for saying all of this, but damn, somebody had to say it.
ThinkTank:  I read and re-read your post.  You really laid out the issues well and covered your allegations with facts and from personal observations.

I am totally in agreement with the things you stated.  i have some experience among Mexicans and with Southwest barrios.  I also hope and pray that America wakes up soon.  The MSM, PC, and leftist forces in general have all, variously, colluded to hide the truths you laid out.

As I've said before, Trump may have actually done the USA and Mexico a great service by identifying problems we've been dancing around for years.   I hope Trump visits BB and get better informed about Mexico and its people ... the good, the bad, and the ugly.  From what he could learn, hopefully, he will do better at explaining himself to those who want to type him as a racist or otherwise see him as a threat.

Mexico-Watcher
P.S.  #1 With your permission, I am saving your post in my Evernote files.
P.S. #2  I can see you as an adviser to Trump in helping him win over Latino voters.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

aguiniga12
And what "race" are they trying to help out? The Mexican race? Just so you know, there are white, mixed-race(mestizo), black, asian, etc Mexicans. Mexican is a nationality NOT a race, fyi. So how would La Raza be racist? Can you tell me what an American looks like? You can't.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

aguiniga12
And you do realize that the right-wingers aren't much better than those left-wing libs? You do have more choices than just voting Dem. or Rep.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

ThinkTank

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

What American politics mean to me… Well, we're all in a high school cafeteria. You know the drill. Cool crowd sits here. The nerds are over that way and try to avoid the weirdos.

The principal has just announced that a debate will be held next Monday morning. Winning “group” decides what is on the menu for the rest of the year.

The groups scramble to select their best and make their case!

All involved, in the decision making, are immature brats. So afraid to let their pack down in the great debate. Some even lie and exaggerate to make their point.

Nobody takes them serious. Most adults are just observing to get a laugh or win a bet.

That is truly what all these politicians are. Just a bunch of fat spoiled brats.  Capitol hill would have a “walkout” if the 100% fruit juices and bran muffins were all of sudden taken away. No more private jets, congressman!

Mr. Donald would fire a pregnant mom if his coffee wasn't exactly the way he likes it. What can you truly expect from him? SMH...

The way I see it.. Today political agendas and their subtleties are long gone. Both sides have marked their territory long ago. Should be fun to watch, in a weird way, since most don't really have much to gain. Cheer till your lungs collapse. Not much is gonna ever “change”.

So many domestic issues get put on the back burner. Today marijuana decriminalization is the norm. Years ago many served prison time for those types of offenses. Are those people being productive citizens today? Or are they "trapped" in a system that doesn't allow criminals to fully integrate into society after complying with all that was asked of them?

I feel for the immigrants facing deportation. I don't blame them. I blame the countries they come from and their elected officials. If millions were leaving the U.S, for Europe, something here would be terribly wrong. You wouldn't need a Harvard education to figure that out.

Building a wall and sending them back is just applying pressure on the wound. You need a surgeon to really get in there and see what's truly wrong.

Almost forgot.. Good on you univision!

Oh.. And more thing.... I wonder if Mr. Trump would accept and truly understand "zeta methods"??? They (zetas) did slaughter 72 migrants trying to live the american dream, btw.

Mr. Trump is better off asking Ivanka to buy billboard space in Juarez. Something that reads... "Turn back. No American Dream here."..

Afterall, everytime she farts the room suddenly smells like lavender with a hint of mint.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

ThinkTank

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Ed-Oak

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Mexico-Watcher
<quote author="manuel2984ny">
@mexico-watcher

manuel2984ny : Base, I have missiles locked on to Bullshit target

manuel2984ny: requesting Permission to fire

Base: Proceed manuel2984ny

Manuel2984ny: I am tracking your boggies from GPS coordinates 2984NY.

We are now at DEFCON 6 ... Readying to fire our "defensive"  X-TRUMP multiple warhead interception missiles from various undisclosed AEGIS location(s) when ordered by Admiral Trump.

Take cover and save the women and children.

Mexico-Watcher, Chief BS Detection Div.

12345