Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Locked 93 messages Options

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

ThinkTank

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Nuttz

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Nuttz

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Siskiyou_Kid
Did you read the article?

This piece of shit "TOOK CREDIT on Wednesday for President Obama's decision to release a copy of his long-form birth certificate." Just because he "TOOK CREDIT" it doesn't make it true.

Then, he's such a moron, he doubled down and said he still didn't believe the President was born in Hawaii.

I really think that Trump is either completely delusional, because he's surrounded by sycophants afraid to tell him the truth, or he has an agenda to make sure no Republican is ever elected  to the White House because they slighted him some way. I'm really unsure which it is, but the train wreck is still fun to watch.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Nuttz

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

manuel2984ny

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Siskiyou_Kid
Correction, Trump is an assclown.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Mexico-Watcher
ThinkTank wrote
Politics aside, Everything Trump said was absolutely true and everyone one here knows it.

Donald Trump is no clown. You wont hear that come out of the mouths of anyone that knows him. When I hear street paupers and enemies of our state referring to a multi-billionaire as a clown, I know exactly who the clowns are.
ThinkTank:

 As I read the very interesting and diverse comments in this thread, I can't agree with you that "everyone here knows it." But I , myself, am 120% in agreement with you.  So, we are a divided camp.... This is healthy, and allows us to swordplay a bit among ourselves.  I am learning a lot that is useful in this thread.

IMO, The Donald knew "exactly" what he was doing in everything said on his speech outline.  The "seemingly" off the cuff remarks about Mexico were  because calculated to be red-meat for the MSM sharks who love provocative things to pontificate their lame shit.  Isn't it amazing how little these talking heads know about Mexico?  I think the Donald has deeper knowledge about Mexico than people may think and , if not, this may be an excellent opportunity to meet with our Borderland Beat family of experts who want to help Mexico.  Anyway, I sure hope that Trump has great information connections in learning about  Mexico and Mexicans.  I truly think that BB can be of service here.

 Also, I would not be surprised if The Donald actually rehearsed his speech before very knowledgeable critiques. Trump, like most politicians, probably had sessions with very sage advisers on what he was going to say to his "target audience" and "how" he was going to say things.

The Donald, rest assured, understands what it means to "market yourself" in the business and political world.  Therefore, to me, all the pieces of red meat were probably "pre-tested" before these critics... so, just like he figured, the MSM predictably took the chum bait.

BTW, on this note, have you noticed Hillary's studious avoidance of legitimate journalists and her controlled and shamelessly contrived "folksy" meetings with select members of the electorate?  She does not want questions on Benghazi, her family's multimillionaire status, and shady dealings within the Obama Administration.   She, like many Democrats, panders to Blacks and Latinos ... I see through this and it turns me off.   Her strategy is obviously applied social marketing; she as much as The Donald are both just trying to package themselves.  Of course, if you do not do this right, it could backfire.

About the Mexican people issues in his speech.  The Donald's Mexican critics are those who seems to want to ignore that Mexico is a very troubled State that literally siphons off its people to El Norte mostly to relieve internal social pressures and also to benefit from remittances. Yes, the indignation at Trump may be justified in that no Mexican wants to hear a blond gringo say things that sound insulting but are true.  As they say, "The truth hurts". Que no?

What are these hurtful truths?  Well, just visit major cities rife with Latino street and prison pandillas whose members commonly formally and informally include undocumented Mexicans as functional partners in criminal enterprises (ranging from murder to smuggling drugs, arms, money, and people to kidnappings, making false documents, prostitution, auto theft, and money laundering).  Am I blowing smoke?  Read the literature and sample the entries over the years in Borderland Beat and elsewhere.

  Other evidence of the dark Mexico can be had by listening to the lyrics of narco-corridos glorifying the stories of Robin Hood gangsters who came to El Norte and made fortunes while under the guise of "pobre gente" working at menial jobs like landscaping.  Some of the songs are funny (El Narco-Cholo) and some are pathetic.  But, naro-corridos all have the "ring-of-truth" and resonate well among the documented and undocumented Raza.  Also, we have the popular narco-movies to ponder on.

More evidence that Mexico is a dark factor, just sample some of  the insightful remarks that our BB readers make about Mexico to see that Donald Trump is not far off in his negative remarks about Mexico and its "bad" people.

I have had some select experiences with and among "muy malos " Mexican criminals who you would never suspect are dangerous... and also with Mexicans I would consider wonderful neighbors and potential citizens. True, as many of us know, it can be very difficult to tell if a person is a criminal (or sicario) by outward appearances as Bowden reveals in his writings (e.g.  "Murder City").  I ask, "What better cover can you ask for than to have Americans think that you are just a poor laborer trying to survive"?  The liberal media pushes this benign Mexican ad nauseum.  The Donald, might know something that is more dark and sobering, ya think?

As, I've said before, Trump's candid remarks, hopefully may stoke vigorous discussions about the real and  troubled Mexico and the consequent criminal elements it sends to the USA in benign guises.

These kinds of honest discussions will, also show how many gringos (not just drug addicts) benefit  from underworld connections.    It takes "two to tango"...America has very dirty hands in all this criminality too (our drug addicts are just the tip of a huge iceberg). This whole bru ja ja just might be a great opportunity for America to finally start looking at Mexico in more honest (non-PC) ways as is often revealed by the postings in Borderland Beat.  What the Donald has triggered with his seemingly loose canon remarks, may be a blessing in disguise for Mexico itself and for realistic solutions to the illegal immigration issues.

This is one great thread!
With much respect to everyone,

Mexico-Watcher
Murdered Mexican girl dumped in trash barrel
Mexico-Watcher

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

katattx
The truth? Do you really think all Mexicans are rapists?!?!

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Siskiyou_Kid

Donald Trump vows to sue Univision for cancelling Miss USA: It’s ‘common sense’ that Mexicans are rapists

Reptilian presidential candidate Donald Trump vowed this week that he would sue Univision after the network said it would not broadcast his Miss USA pageant over recent comments about Mexican immigrants.

At his campaign announcement in New York earlier this month, Trump said that the U.S. had become “a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.”

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” the candidate opined. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

On Wednesday, Univision condemned Trump’s remarks and announced that the network was ending its relationship with him.

“At Univision, we see first-hand the work ethic, love for family, strong religious values and the important role Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans have had and will continue to have in building the future of our country,” a Univision statement said.

Trump responded on Wednesday by telling Fox News that he stood by his remarks about Mexicans, and he promised to sue Univision for breach of contract.

“That’s what’s happening!” he insisted to Fox News host Gretchen Carlson. “Do you think they’re sending their best and their finest over here?”

“Of course, they are criminals in many cases. Why would I change that statement?” Trump asked. “Ask the border guards who’s pouring in, and believe me, you won’t be happy when you find out. And by the way, that’s common sense. It’s common sense who is coming.”

The Republican billionaire added that he never called all Mexicans rapists and criminals: “I didn’t say it.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/donald-trump-vows-to-sue-univision-for-cancelling-miss-usa-its-common-sense-that-mexicans-are-rapists/

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

dave
  Common sense tells me that while Mexican americans and naturalized mexican americans may be disposed to criminality, an illegal Mexican won't fail to use his turn signals for fear of being stopped by the police ( in the US). Possible deportation. So why would they commit worse crimes?

Exactly! What you describe has been exactly my experience.
Jay

Love him like him dislike him, hate him...at the end of the day Trump has done what Trump does best. He's stirred the pot. As many on here have said, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

ThinkTank

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Siskiyou_Kid
I misread the word in the article as 'Reptilian' instead of 'Republican' and added it as a bit of humor..........

However, I'm a little confused about the rest of what you said. You do realize that La Raza are the good guys, right? They help law-abiding low income people with jobs, housing, and other issues that will help them become and remain productive members of society.

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

ThinkTank

Re: Donald Trump Speech Rankles Latin America

Mexico-Watcher
katattx wrote
The truth? Do you really think all Mexicans are rapists?!?!
Katattx:  At first I just thought you were a troll trying to be cynical and disruptive.  Then the more I thought about your question, I figured you were serious.

So, I thought, pondered, cogitated a whole lot while I was taking a smelly dump.  I didn't want to conclude that "all Mexicans are rapists".... so I thought some more.  Then at the moment when I became unplugged and yielded a yen baby (splash), it hit me.  Why, yes, "all Mexicans are rapists."  Joo can see this by the way Mexicans walk and talk when among gringas (especially the rubias with blue eyes and nalgas to die for).

Good question, ...  you give this thread real class, ese..  Are you a teecher or what?

Mexico-Watcher
12345