Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

I haven't read anything on here concerning that but maybe Mexico doesn't keep track of those stats quite yet.Being at the source for fentanyl just wondered.

Re: Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

Siskiyou_Kid
Actually, I have a feeling that most of the fentanyl analogues and precursors in Mexico are coming from China. Fentanyl and related analogues have been available on the darknet from China for 5 years or more, and while there have been fentanyl labs in Mexico, it is a fairly complicated process to manufacture, so these so-called 'labs' are actually using precursors from China.

As far as overdoses, while heroin use in Mexico has increased considerably [it used to be virtually unknown] it is still one of the least commonly abused narcotics, so I wouldn't imagine OD's would be nearly as common as they are in developed countries. Methamphetamine seems to be the drug causing the most problems in Mexico right now.

China supplies most of the meth precursors to Mexico, and one kilo of fentanyl is enough to cut hundreds of kilos of heroin, so it's easy to distribute.

Re: Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

Soliado
According to an article on "Countries with the Highest Overdose Death Rates" at www.worldatlas.com, Mexico is not on the list of the top ten countries with the highest overdose and death rates. The top ten countries are Iceland, Estonia, U.S., El Salvador, Uruguay, Canada, Australia, Finland, Seychelles and Russia. I never would have guessed that Iceland, Estonia, Finland and the Seychelles would be on this list.

Re: Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

1966tinman
Fuck there is a large retail market in Mexico for illegal drugs like cocaine , crack , meth , ice , heroin , and marijuana in all Mexican cities . The drug cartels that control a particular city will section off certain neighborhoods and the local cartel bosses have 24 hour stores , called " tienditas " , that sell drugs to Mexican addicts and casual users .  Of course , the authorities are paid their bribes , " mordidas " , to protect and allow  the lucrative business to flourish abd prosper . I had a Chicano neighbor who worked in one when he escaped with his father to Ciudad Acuña after a shooting another gang member here in Texas  .  He worked 12 hour shifts six nights a week and was paid with drugs .  He witnessed a lot of addicts committing crimes to support their habits and women selling their bodies for a hit . He himself became addicted to crack and meth until he walked across the border to turn himself in to Texas authorities . Just like in any country you will have people ODing  with some surviving while others dying .

Re: Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

You said they got paid in product.Well they certainly wouldn't be allowed to sell it where they work.They would have to sell it on a day off elsewhere and hence the problem;someone else's territory.That explains why a lot of them get 'picked off.'

Re: Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

Synecdoche
Smh

Re: Does anyone know if Mexico has a high OD rate?

1966tinman
@Canadiana
There was the catch 22 . He sold during his shift and used off shift  . He told me about municipal policemen delivering already packaged  hits of crack , heroin , and coke  to be sold  .Of course after a while he was in the same predicament as his customers  , committing petty crimes and even selling all of his grandmother's household items when she left for a three month visit to the U.S.  Here in Texas , he worked for an oil company on a drilling rig but fell back into selling and using drugs until he and his wife were arrested . He served a four year sentence but I haven't seen him in about five years . He would tell you stories without any filter , nothing glamorous or grandiose ,  about the worst experiences of being a drug addict .