Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Kab

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Kab
Till more dead bodies of narco blog users turn up, there isn't much to worry about.  2 unfortunate individuals doesn't mean nothing, but I do foresee many of you users acting nicer from now on lol

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Havana
One other thing to note, even if someone gets your IP address-it doesn't give them access to zero in right on the address of your house just the vicinity of where your house is. And usually that is protection enough. They'd have to study you for a while to get a reasonable profile on you. I suppose they could bribe cable or internet companies. In most cases, I doubt we're that important to them in the US.  They can't expect us all to be sitting here typing our praises to them.
AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
Good point Texcoco

These cartels would be smarter to get involved in internet fraud then to waste their time on some small internet users. But that brings up a whole set of new problems.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
Interesting info wenglenca. There is no way that the zetas are going to put fear in the BB posters. They cannot touch us. But I'm sure that some posters from blog del narco are probably a lil' nervous. This is all fear propaganda created by los zetas.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
Roffasouth

Gracias. I got your back and i know that if you disagree with me, you'll let me know. But it's all respect.
CHIVIS FOREVER

I agree with all of that and just for the record Ajulio, 9 times out of ten, you really crack me up.
Tex

AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
Orale Wenglenca. I've been reading your comments for a while.

My opinion is this.....los zetas are just Publicity Hounds. They love being on the front page. Look at some of their last few big incidents:    The chopped up sisters, The murdered ICE agent, The internet victims, all of the drama from monterrey.

Watch to see what else they do before the year ends. You'll see what I'm talking about.

These incidents are unnecessary. They are not for financial gain. They are for fucken publicity.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
Ja ja ja GOOD. Mexicans are not stupid. This kind of incident will just piss them off. And los zetas don't want that. If all of the Mexicans get pushed too far, they could cause some damage to the evils that be.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

biglost
honestly yall, the chances of someone related to the narcos getting your information from visiting this blog is slim to none, closer to the 'none'. this site servers are located in the US and it would be pretty impossible for an independent entity to seize them and retrieve viable information.

sites like 4chan can barely give relevant information to the fbi on whats being posted.

that being said, it would be incredibly idiotic to post actual personal information on here, as it would be for most forums and blogs. i personally know one of the blogger/writers on this site and we know their writing has been read by narcos but the actual incidence of something stemming from it extremely rare at this point.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

dario
ajulio wrote
If you're from Mexico it should put fear in you. If they can find you then you're done.

that being said, it would be incredibly idiotic to post actual personal information on here, as it would be for most forums and blogs. i personally know one of the blogger/writers on this site and we know their writing has been read by narcos but the actual incidence of something stemming from it extremely rare at this point.
It doesn't matter if the servers are in the US if you use Mexico broadband and a local network engineer reports you because he's watching your Internet connection.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

GREENJACKET
Obtaining someones IP address is easy.  The tricky bit is mapping the IP to a residential address, something only the telecoms/broadband provider has  access too.  What they do with this information is anyones guess but prob sold on.

Yes, an IP can be punched into a geo-locator which are available on many websites which offer IP services but this is not always accurate.  And unless you have a static outside IP your IP changes from time to time via dhcp.  So your IP could be different from one week to the next.  Another user may be allocated the same IP you had allocated to you the week previous.

There could of course been a social engineering element to this.  An email can be sent to the victim and if a reply is sent, the header information contained in the email can also be fed into a geo-locator same as above.  This only works if the email is sent from an email client installed on the users pc, it does not work for web based email such as hotmail/gmail.

An internet recon tool called Maltego could have been used also.  You feed in as much information as you can such as an email address, forum/blog username, phone number etc..  This then trawls the web and creates a spider-web view of all relationships linked to the information you put in.  A huge map is built up and the information it grabs is quite scary.  Relationships can consist of blog posts, social network profiles, emails etc....Try it out on yourself as the tool is free to download.

Another method could be opening up a private chat/messenger session with someone after a friendly invite.  I have been requested myself to go into a private chat with users on mundonarco on that chatango thing you see on the right of the website.  Once in a private session it basically opens up a communication tunnel between both users.  A hacker can manipulate this session with some free tools and then hack into the remote pc.  Once inside someones pc you may find a wealth of information from photos, documents, web history etc....All why the innocent chat session is open.

Its a scary place out there guys, once online you are wide open unless on something like the tor network using the tor browser for any internet use.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

yankagoot
personally i would love to have a convoy of ten suv loads of  assholes with new guns ..fancy SUV's..wads of cash...bags of good dope..new boots etc show up where i live...there is only one way in and one way out..i have a whole bunch of crazy armed to the teeth neighbors , who have been waiting for the end of time forever anyway...and they are really bored ...especially if said narcoculeros had just shot up a business ..or shot at some cops...legitimate kill time ...yessss!!!!..i only have an sks with a scope and 1000 rounds..a couple of shotguns .and two pistols..but once we cut a tree down so there is no way out...it will be a long night for some narcos...the thing is to not shoot up the suvs...or permanently  damage the other merchandise...wire up the bushes with fish hooks...some slap board traps..foot pits ...home made shotgun shell claymores ....set some fires..some fun shit...you boys come to play ..now you got to stay...it would be kind of nice to have a few "reformed ex narcos" around to help out with chores...free labor ..sort of arbeit macht frei...

yeah i know ..it is a real all American redneck dream...but admit it ..wouldn't it be fun..to see the looks on the faces of the arrogant sickarios when they hear that proverbial banjo pickin' in the background...poopy butt time ....ok i better hush..i am gettin all worked up

but seriously..if i was in Mexico..i would keep my mouth shut and watch my ass...remember..everything and everybody in Mexico is for sale..from top to bottom... side to side ..no exceptions

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

katattx
I laughed when I read the title of this thread... Of course narcos monitor internet blogs!! They have technology, so why not? Don't you think the lookouts are using internet on their cells phones while spending hours hanging out in the same usually boring spot? They may be nasty culeros but they aren't all stupid. That being said, they may not monitor everything all the time, but gee, I monitor the happenings in MX, why wouldn't the people involved in those happenings do it? Im sure that there has been tech info sold to the highest bidder, and I sure am glad I'm not typing this in MX! Still, if the narcos were enforcing their threat there would be alot more dead bodies. Maybe the narco-message was a bluff, but I sure would take precautions. Sooner or later they will get serious about squashing real info. Lol if the MX gov't doesn't do it first.
Tex

Barbon
Come on lets be realistic ....unless you have been slating the Zeta's and happen to live somewhere in or around Zeta territory IN MEXICO I think you could say if they decided to home in on you to send another message then i'm sure it could be done but most people here I bet are not even in Mexico and many are probably in deep USA and they sure can't go there and be as bad ass.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

GREENJACKET
The likes of kiddly fiddlers, terrorists, net fraudsters would prob utilise something like the tor network.

You can download a simple tor pack from www.torproject.org which gives you anonymity on the web.  Once installed it will give you the keys into the dark underbelly of the web that cannot be accessed via normal surfing.  You will be entering the onion world of websites & forums that will open your eyes.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

boinky
As mentioned... use TOR.

Your traffic is anonymous as it leaves your machine (SSL) so it is not open to interception. It is visible as it leaves the last of three computers that your traffic is bounced off of, but it has to be visible for the webservers to understand it.

You will appear to be from anywhere in the world depending on the exit-node used.

1) Download TOR at http://www.torproject.org
2) The file is a self extracting executable which includes a browser
3) Run the "start tor browser" icon and you're done!

This is the best anonymous tool out there, better than proxy servers.

May the cartel members rot in hell....
12