Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Jack S. Shaw
to those that think that these sicarios don't monitor the internet. the narcomessage says they were killed for opening their mouths on the internet and blogdelnarco.

http://www.mundonarco.com/2011/09/cuelgan-cuerpo-de-dos-jovenes-en-puente.html

AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
I've asked this question myself. I know that cartel members from the CDG and zetas would leave their dirt on the BB forum and occasionally someone will leave a comment on the main board. you can tell cuz they have a unique way of talking and they hint of places and people that not anyone can know of. most of them speak spanish so the spanish narco sites are probably flooded with narcos.

The questions that I ask are: To what degree do they manage these blogsites? Do they have the accessibility to find someone they don't like? and Do the Big Timers like El Chapo and El Lazca ever read these comments?

I don't believe any of the messages that los zetas leave. they could have just kidnapped anyone and used them as decoys to leave a message to all of the posters who talk bad about them on the internet just to scare them.

CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
If the zetas can really get someone who talks bad about them on the internet, then I'm A dead man.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

dario
I use an encrypted proxy. There is rumor that Zetas can monitor all local traffic in NL because of corrupt network engineers. If they were it would be easy to record details of who visits the narco sites and what they are posting. It sounds a bit far fetched but Los Z always seem to be a couple steps ahead and I am not taking any chances.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

roffasouth
I think its on borderlandbeat save tough. Otherwise alot users here are already dead.(including me) I think its better to not post negatively about zetas on narco forums.(saw the news) And lol check the comments.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Jack S. Shaw
those guys all have iphones.   a lot of the mexican people now read, speak and write english.   I recall having many conversations with sicarios and cartel members who were either captured or I interviewed in english when i was with ICE.   I don't speak a lick of spanish.   I think they teach english in mexican schools.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

dario
If they control the network then they know what everybody is reading and posting. None of the narco sites use SSL and even if they did it would not be hard to correlate post times with page loads.

Zetas could be reading email and postings.

It has long been known that the phone lines in Mx are for sale to the highest bidder. The practice began when Pablo used them to stay ahead of the Colombian government when one office would call another. It all went through the phone company he had corrupted.
AJ

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

AJ
A scary thought. If I lived in mexico, maybe I would think twice about opening my Big mouth. But I live in America, so I have no worries about someone from the piece of shit zetas trying to find me and kill me. Even though, It's not a pleasant thought, imagining myself hanging from a bridge in my boxers with my head chopped off with a big red z painted on my upper torso.

Sick z bastards.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

roffasouth
Yeah, well a good advice to everyone who hates the zetas, Use a proxy server on these blogs. Always hide your IP adress if you want to post something bad about them. Its kinda weird because if they really control the network then why does blogdelnarco post negative news about the zetas?

Oh and ajulio i saw your topic, just ignore the trollers and zeta supporters. I think that you are a cool guy.
Tex

Tex

Tex

Tex

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Tex

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

I am a gringo living in MX.  Simply because of that, I try to be cautious.  I also am a an occasional blogger on this site.  Reading the article on the bloggers being hung from the bridge gave me a pause, I read it 2 or 3 times, but I didn't think it scared me or made me afraid.  But as I was just in the process of writing a posting for this site a few minutes ago, there was a hard knocking on my front door which is only about 6 feet from my computer and I must admit it made me jump.  Maybe the article made a little more afraid than I admitted to myself.  It was only a street vendor selling candy.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

final sleep-2

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

It's not that far-fetched, like someone said everyone is obsessed with smart phones, technology, social networking, someone shows their older cousin/friend/uncle on their iphone two guys talking about Zeta's, who are local, and this happens.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

ArmChairIntellect
I guarantee narcos come on these sites and bitch and moan at each other but I highly doubt they could trace you, further why would they use that energy on something so petty, when they could be monitoring say the government.  As for the bodies I would have to agree, the signs are meant to intimidate and most likely are completely false.  I have been saying for a long time that I believe some if not many innocent  people have and are being used as cartel PR stunts.

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Also, a very valid point, that's it's just to spread fear.  Telling people to shut their mouths.  But, my idea is not that they tracked anyone thru ip addresses or any of that, it's that they knew who the person was.  Like, pretend you are the Zeta, you go on the internet, you know Blog Del Narco, but it's not something that consumes your time, and someone much lower down the line, is a constant facebook/bdn/whatever poster, and gets into it with someone they KNOW personally, maybe they went to high school with, whatever, shows you (in this scenario) and there you go.  Maybe it's on a whim, like the Arellano's used to say 'who do you want to kill today? Who do you have a problem with'?

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

Barbon
Well like me for example.... I don't live in Mexico or even America so I doubt a drugs cartel would spend the time and effort to find someone because of negative posts they make if they are the other side of the world! they would have to pay for a shit load of plane tickets and spend more time pinpointing the individual. It would be a waste of their time and its unlikely the suspects would be able to leave the country without being apprehended by authorities.

I guess they would only really watch out for those individuals who are posting fairly locally but for them to actually seriously try and monitor the internet themselves is silly as they would just be chasing their tails whacking people all over the globe! lol!

Re: Do Cartel Members monitor internet blogs?

dario
More likely somebody at the Internet company already bribed by the Z sent in a tip hoping to get some coke or women. Los Z hires their filthy halcones everywhere else, why not in the communications companies? A network engineer could do off the books wiretaps and make good money ratting people out to the Z. Why are they so far ahead in intelligence?
12