Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Itzli
For a while now it has seemed that something was going on with regards to the Old School Zetas, but there was a lack of good information, making the situation quite confusing.  As such, combined with just being overall burned out with the forum in general, I have not really been posting much lately.  However, based on some information that hit the internet today that made things click in my mind, I couldn't resist sharing and felt this deserved to not be buried within one of my other threads.

Off and on there have been rumors of an alliance between the Old School Zetas and the Matamoros faction of the Gulf Cartel, yet every time they spread, messages would emerge from one side or another denying it.  About a month ago these rumors peaked following an article by Breitbart that was re-posted by many Mexican blogs, including Menytimes.  I was skeptical, to say the least, especially because the Old School Zetas quickly issued a message denying the alliance.

By Wednesday of last week, several articles spread that the Old School Zetas/Matamoros alliance had given birth to a new group, CDZ, following a banner by them that was hung posted in Ciudad Victoria, signed by "El Señor de la O"

Despite what was being reported, I was inclined to associate CDZ with CDN due to the message being addressed against the commanders of Grupo Bravo (the enforcement wing of the Old School Zetas), which were told to abandon the plaza.  In hindsight, I dropped the ball by not paying enough attention to what the first line of the message said: "To all the people and commanders of Grupo Bravo that support La Barbie, Greñas, you have 24 hours to report yourself and align or abandon the plaza..."

Following this banner, there has been a new killing spree within Ciudad Victoria and with it, an online message from the CDZ and a response that puts the whole situation in context:

Once again, "El Señor de la O" singed the message.  In it, he claims that the plaza of Ciudad Victoria was now under control of "the true cartel of Los Zetas" which over three days had been killing criminals.  A few individuals were singled out as having "hidden like the rats that they are: Daniel Lara Salazar "El Arqui", Jose Roberto Estolberg Becerra "El Greñas or La Barbie", and the old man "Parejon or Paulino""

In reply, an online message has emerged, signed by "La Barbe (assuming Barbie misspelled), Cano, Oaxaco, and El Arqui":

The highlights of the message are that it is against "Rogelio", which would be either Rogelio Díaz Contreras or his father Rogelio Díaz Cuellar, alias "El Rojo", whom had previously been identified with the leadership of the Old School Zetas.  The signers claim that they "began with my friend rex, not you 'mugroso' you were with chelelo and the 'mugrosos' of the cdn".  They claim that "Rogelio" betrayed "El Rex", "El Sagui", and the people of "El Charmin" in order to gain control of the plaza.  In a possible reference to the alleged alliance with Matamoros, they signal him as "you are a snitch just like those from Matamoros the same as Jr Cardenas and Oziel the number one snitches of the DEA that is what you learned from them, betraying your own people".

So it now seems that the CDZ may in fact be an alliance of the Matamoros faction of the Gulf Cartel along with members of the Old School Zetas loyal to "Rogelio", while some members of the Old School Zetas are not aligned with them.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

oner
That is a strange one. I find it strange that any part of the gulf cartel would take on the Zeta name.
But i have to admit that first banner with C.D.Z at the top is screaming out SNR.Cortez of Matamoros.
1-its a professional banner. 2-it has group 2 groups know to be in the CDG (cobras and pumas). 3- it goes on about not killing innocents,no robberys, ect.. (Thats a Cortez speacial).

At the end it is signed by "el senor of the 0" Isnt Cortez is still loyal to Ozeil Cardenas?  Or is it a reference
to his old group los Ceros "0" But that has been signed on Gulf cartel banners before.
In the 2nd banner it says "cartel of the zetas-under the command of senor of the 0" so Cortez is the head of the new zetas cartel???  Its like Cortez has taken the Zeta name as long as he is head of the new cartel.
Similar names CDG to CDZ i suppose.

Still it might not even be Cortez or it could all be nothing.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

dcm90
Señor de la O is Osiel. Who are Grupo Satan, Grupo Cobra, and Grupo Chuta (is this a reference to the OG zeta?)?

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Itzli
I appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts, I always am frustrated when it feels like an echo chamber here.  My personal thoughts on the points you brought up (keep in mind this is pure speculation on my part and may very well be wrong):

1. Putting the information in context, I do not feel that the CDZ refers to the entire Old School Zetas/Matamoros alliance.  It is my opinion, based on circumstantial evidence, that the CDZ refers to just the Old School Zetas that are loyal to Rogelio.

2. It seems most blogs have identified "El Señor de la O" as being a reference, be it directly or indirectly, to Osiel Cardenas.  I'm not too sure.  While trying to research this person, I ran into a song by Los Tucanes de Tijuana named "Señor de la O".  So I don't think it necessarily refers to Osiel, it may be akin to "El Jefe de Jefes" or "El Capo de Capos".

3. In my opinion, circumstantial evidence implies that "El Señor de la O" is not the leader of the Old School Zetas/Matamoros alliance, but, in fact, likely the plaza boss of Ciudad Victoria for the CDZ.  He may be even lower, maybe a leader of a group within the CDZ and, in general, is akin to "El Bravo 01"

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Itzli
A couple new messages from the CDZ, this time in Monterrey:

Looks like "Wero 74" is in CDZ and claims to never have been aligned with "El Oaxaco" and "El Charmin".  Interestingly enough, he claims to work the way Lazcano taught but also claims all of his support for "Sr. Cortez".

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Chava
My attempt at translating the second one:

Ministerials, transitos, municipales helping CDN in whatever form will be executed and put as an example. I do not go against the society nor with those that work well. The cleaning begins in Apodaca. All of the scumbags of the CDN in Los Fresnos that go around kidnapping and charging cuotas will be hung in the overpasses so that you can see we are not playing around. All of your robbing that you've been doing in the Pueblo is over.

Signed Wero 74
CDZ
Finishing with the CDN scumbags

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Bjeff
From what I have picked up, the official word in Matamoros is that the mantas signed "Señor del la O" in Ciudad Victoria is the work of Oaxaco or Bravo 1.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

oner
yes i agree with you there. it seems to be split with in old school Zs. I also think imay have jumped the gun with Sr.Cortez leading the Zs.
Im guessing there is some sort of connection there between one split of the Zs and Matamoros CDG.
(i think Cortez has loaned them his banner makers )

There was also a banner left in C.Mante i cant find where i saw it though.

Chava.
 Thanks for the translation. Its always good having the banner translated

http://www.narcoviolencia.com.mx/2016/12/desaparecen-los-zetas-del-grupo-bravo-y.html

Found this when looking for Mante banner. Dont know if its legit though.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Itzli
A couple new banners in Ciudad Victoria and an online message:

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Bjeff

Another narcomanta in Ciudad Victoria announcing El Gafe as the new leader of CDN.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

mr.browntown956

He's been at it for awhile after Trevino's got picked

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ItjvdUWk_jo

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

TheH
Supposedly "Cucho" is Comandante GAFE and I think it's true I did a little research on "Cucho" and I found some pictures of him with his wife. This pictures where posted last year:

Seems that CDN are quite intelligent when it comes to know the identity of there "comandantes" they use two "clave nick names' on there comandantes to confuse there enemies. For an example "El Wero" also known as "Wero Texas" but they mention this guys on the CDN songs like if they would be different persons. This song is a good example of what I am trying to say they mention "Cucho" and "GAFE" in the same song with the high possibility it's the same person:

https://youtu.be/Pv0DJlpVAIw

Also when the war started last year in Ciudad Victoria, out of the nothing this guy "GAFE" comes out and starts fighting the plaza for the CDN against the Old School Z. The clave "GAFE" must be someone operating in Ciudad Victoria for a long time the only two people with a long trajectory operating in Ciudad Victoria is "Cucho" and the other one is "Borrega" (Ex ministerial police of Ciudad Victoria) both of this individuals work for the CDN.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Bjeff
TheH: Viejo Zetas seem to think it is the same person. I think you are giving them too much credit though. From what I have seen, there are many examples of several nicknames throughout Mexican crime organizations. I'd say if they were really smart, nobody would know who they were.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

blanco puro
Ok so can someone please clarify and correct if I am wrong.
Old School Zetas along with Matamoros CDG have allied to form CDZ?
So what about the other factions of Zetas, and other factions of CDG (such as Reynosa)?

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Best
This what i was thinking too. On the main board it says the Zetas and CDG have formed an alliances, but to anyone who knows the situation, its not that clear cut.
Reynosa vs. Matamoros means that the whole of CDG is never unified.

So is it just CDG Matamoros who have allied to the Zetas Vieja Escuela?

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

TheH
Seems that Old School Z and CDG Matamoros alliance it's true also they are known as "C.D.Z" just in Ciudad Victoria outside of Ciudad Victoria for example in Veracruz they just known as "CDG and Old School Z"

Ontopic besides CDN and Old School Z there's a rumor that's been for a while about the existence of "Zetas Del Sur" it's seems it's another cell from the Zetas that's commanded by José María Guizar Valencia "Z-43" he's a Mexican American from California and the second in command is Eduardo Mendoza Robles "Z-33" I often visit the chat room of Nuevo Laredo En Vivo and I have seen comments from "Zetas Del Sur" writing threat comments against the CDN seems that other Zetas are not that happy with the Treviños. I saw a couple of months ago a supposedly picture of Eduardo López "El Chuta" since the Old School Z have never mention el Chuta could it mean he's working with "Zetas Del Sur"??? This guy El Chuta seems interesting and would like to know about this guy if I am not mistaken he has never been caught like the other OG Zetas I would also like to know more about "Zetas Del Sur" and there operations and what relationship they have with other cartels.

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

TheH
10 bodies found outside of a house in Nuevo Laredo supposedly they are CDN killed by Old School Z this news should make it in the front page of the website, Nuevo Laredo is going to get ugly:

gente de nuevo laredo diganle a sus hijos que dejen de frecuentar los antros ya que derepente aventaremos granadas y quemaremos los antros y todo lo que sea financiamiento a los norestistas y agencias aduanales tambien vamos por ustedes empezando por la de juan gonzalez de alla de la infonavit dices que nadie puede tumbarte por que andas lavando feria para los noretistas (CDN)vamos a ver cuando te mate a tu gente y queme tu agencia cagada atte zeta 43 y z33 zetas del sur vieja escuela

Re: Division of the Old School Zetas and New Alliances

Chava
Attempt to translate above message:

People of new laredo tell your children to stop attending the clubs since we will soon throw grenades and burn the theaters? and everything that is being financed by the norestistas (CDN) and customs agencies we are going for you starting with that of juan gonzalez from there of infonavit (a public housing agency).

You say that no one can take you down because you are laundering fair for the noretistas (CDN) we will see when we kill your people and burn your shitty agency atte zeta 43 and z33 zetas south of the old school