Discovery Channel's Extreme Smuggling

Havana
This post was updated on .
Just in case you're interested, and didn't know, Discovery Channel is taking an inside look at the worlds of drug smuggling, animal trafficking and illegal weapons trading in a new series, Extreme Smuggling.

Each hour long episode -- shot partly from the point of view of the smugglers themselves -- uncovers the sophisticated methods and radical techniques used by criminals who are willing to take drastic measures in order to turn a profit.

The devious methods in which drug cartels think of smuggling drugs in and out of Latin America into the U.S. is now the plot of a new show on the Discovery Channel.
The new reality series, which launched on Monday, takes audiences into the world of drug trafficking and exposes intricate ways in which drug lords bring in their stash into the country.
In the first episode, former smugglers as well as police officials and military personnel talked about their experiences in the field and various methods drugs are smuggled in such as rigged cars, submarines, underground tunnels and even ultra light planes.
Cartagena, Colombia, is at the center of the first episode when U.S. and Colombian authorities discover a U.S.-bound submarine made out of fiberglass and Kevlar.
The craft eventually was spotted in the Caribbean out of mere coincidence and officials were able to confiscate more than six tons of cocaine, with a street value of $180 million.
Fox News Latino reached out to both “Extreme Smuggling” and ICE for comments but calls and emails were not returned.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show also features animal trafficking and weapon trading.

In an online clip, a Peruvian drug trafficker revealed creative ways in which his family sent off packages of cocaine into the US from Lima.
“Miguel” -- not his real name -- shared that they made more than $1 million annually with their family operation.
Their product, he said, “is 95 percent pure, obtained from a local drug cartel.”

“What we have here are bricks of one kilo cocaine. We transport these to the city by trucks. We hide them in gas compartments. I normally get these in the jungle for about $1,000 to $1,200 a piece,” Miguel said in the clip.
The audience gets to see how Miguel transforms everyday household goods like a bar of soap, into a clandestine smuggling tool. He injects two ounces of cocaine by “cutting it very carefully down the middle with a nylon string,” then sealing it back together.

“We carve out the gut of the soap very carefully ,” Miguel said in the video. “The person that carries this soap back can make about $1,000. Just for one bar of soap.”

The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive clip from this week's premiere episode, which centers on drug smuggling. The episode, debuting at 8 p.m. Monday, will reveal the inventive and surprising schemes employed by drug dealers, who will go as far as building real submarines and smuggling drugs inside bars of soap in order to push their products. Part two of the drug-smuggling episode airs at 8 p.m. Jan. 21.

Upcoming episodes will center on animal trafficking (8 p.m. Jan. 28) and illegal weapons trading (8 p.m. Feb. 4).

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/entertainment/2013/01/15/latin-americas-top-drug-lords-talk-trafficking-in-extreme-smuggling/#ixzz2I5dKV7nP

>Hollywood Reporter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/discovery-channels-extreme-smuggling-video-412414

Re: Discovery Channel's Extreme Smuggling

_Jack

Re: Discovery Channel's Extreme Smuggling

Pinchegringo
Discovery is putting out tons of these types of shows lately.  Hadn't seen it advertised so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Nat Geo has some great ones out as well - especially the one at JFK airport in NYC.

Re: Discovery Channel's Extreme Smuggling

jason5683
Great trailer, I will have to look for this!

Re: Discovery Channel's Extreme Smuggling

Elmuchacho
Jack if you want it's on YouTube I just found it a while back its interesting and it should be a good one. It's true that discovery channel has been making a lot of crime based series (documentary) they last one I watch was the one titled American underworld it was entertaining and insightful to what crime is happing in the us. I hope this one is a good one .