Details of LFM extortion practices..El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

Details of LFM extortion practices..El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

addendum; looks like Chango is still doing the loose lips chacha..also some fotos of the march of gratitude after the arrest of el chango. citizens, mostly young people and kids demonstrating gratitude to the government and KTs for the capture and "bringing peace"  notice the Z with the circle slash?

 details La Familia extortion practices

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexico's cult-like La Familia drug cartel conducts widespread extortion rackets aimed at farmers, miners and even bullfight organizers while getting protection from state police commanders, federal officials said Sunday.

Mexico's federal police agency, the Public Security Secretariat, outlined the local businesses preyed upon in a new report on the extent of the gang's corruption and intimidation tactics in its home base of Michoacan state.

In order to supplement drug-trafficking income, La Familia forces miners to pay $1.50 per ton of metal they sell and cattle ranchers to pay $1 per kilogram of meat, it said. Michoacan's rich lime and avocado farms are subject to "quotas," or a percentage of farmers' earnings. Bullfights, cockfights and concerts also are extorted, the report says.

While news reports of extortion by drug gangs have become common, authorities had not confirmed in detail the extent of La Familia's hold on raw material production in the western state.

The report came five days after federal authorities apprehended La Familia's alleged leader, claiming the arrest was a debilitating blow against the crime group. Jose de Jesus Mendez Vargas, alias El Chango, or "The Monkey," was the last remaining head of the cartel that authorities say has terrorized Mexico's western states.

The report charges that Michoacan state police commanders aid La Familia in its operations by permitting cartel operatives to use patrol cars, radio frequencies and police uniforms.

The report relates how one former state police official used patrol cars to block off streets and help hit men escape other police.

"They used state police infrastructure to establish routes and ensure the safety of their armed commandos," the report says.

La Familia makes extensive use of propaganda, such as organizing marches against the government's offensive against drug gangs, generating rumors of police abuse and reporting false human rights complaints, the report says.

Still, authorities say they have managed to push the cartel into mountainous regions and have detained or killed most of its top leaders. The report says more than 700 La Familia members have been arrested since 2008, mainly in Michoacan and Mexico State, which borders Mexico City.

But the leader of a violent splinter group, which calls itself the Knights Templar, remains at large.

La Familia was born in President Felipe Calderon's home state of Michoacan in 2006. When he took office in December of that year, Calderon sent thousands of federal police there and warned that the cartel was corrupting local officials and extorting businesses.

Even with the gang's setbacks, there are signs La Familia is still active.

Seven bodies were found early Sunday in two different spots outside Mexico City along with messages purportedly signed by La Familia, the Mexico State prosecutor's office told The Associated Press.

Prosecutor spokesman Alfredo Albiter said police were trying to verify whether the messages left near the bodies in both Valle de Chalco and Ixtapaluca in Mexico State were indeed written by La Familia members.

___

Arrested kingpin says Mexican cartel nearing extinction...says El Chango

  Mexico City –  Jesus "El Chango" Mendez, leader of the La Familia Michoacana drug cartel, told authorities after his arrest this week that the organization is close to complete collapse, Mexico's Public Safety Secretariat said.

The detainee, who was captured in a police operation in the central state of Aguascalientes without putting up any resistance, said in remarks released Thursday that La Familia is "going to be dismantled" and that its days are numbered.

Mendez is one of the founders of the gang that emerged in the western state of Michoacan in 2006 and is known for its pseudo-religious ideology and for portraying itself as the defender of the state's residents.

The suspect was "responsible for murders, kidnappings, extortion (and) corruption," federal security spokesman Alejandro Poire said after his arrest on Tuesday, adding that Mendez also staged attacks on officials and citizens.

His arrest is the latest blow to La Familia, whose ideological leader, Nazario Moreno, known as "El Chayo," was killed in a shootout with Federal Police last year, Poire said.

Moreno's death touched off a deadly power struggle pitting followers of Mendez and another faction headed by Enrique Plancarte Solis and Servando Gomez Martinez, who formed Los Caballeros Templarios (The Knights Templar).

Regarding that latter faction, the detained kingpin said it "has no future" because the government is on its trail and will capture its leaders "at any moment."

In his statement to police, Mendez said that he was dedicated "to agriculture and also drug trafficking" for La Familia and that he joined the organization at Moreno's invitation.

He said the cartel recruited "kids who didn't use drugs," who were "good, who didn't go around kidnapping and were on a good path."

But La Familia recruits also had to have "enough intelligence to do things well" and when they made mistakes "they would have their ears pulled."

Mendez urged people about to join a drug gang to "work honestly" instead. "There's a lot of good work, as long as you put your heart into it. It's not true you can only get ahead (through crime); there are tons of ways to get ahead by working."

La Familia expanded outside Michoacan to grow its trafficking networks for crystal meth, a booming business due to strong demand in the United States.

According to a suspect detained at a La Familia synthetic drug lab, the organization earned a 200 percent return on its investment in 2009.

Michoacan has been experiencing a wave of drug-related violence blamed on the break-up of La Familia, with Los Caballeros Templarios suspected of 23 killings over the weekend in Michoacan.

Mexico is hosting the FIFA U-17 World Cup soccer tournament from June 18 to July 10, with matches being played in six cities, including Morelia, the capital of Michoacan.

A total of 15,270 people were killed in drug-related violence in Mexico last year, and nearly 40,000 people have died since President Felipe Calderon declared war on the country's cartels shortly after taking office in December 2006, deploying thousands of army troops and Federal Police officers to drug-war hotspots

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

El Regio
That's great news and hopefully more cartels continue to fall or get disbanded into small groups.

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

For sure!  But pretty amazing he became so introspective and forthright, perhaps all that meth has him so screwed up he thought he was in a confessional.

I must give you props, you are one tough Z.  Taking on the CDG Nats as you have, what are we at 4 against 1?  SO it takes 4 of them to try and outmatch you?  I say you are handling your self well and everyone does best when they simply state the facts in a word fest, the facts as one believes them to be, back it up when possible, keep it intelligent, articulate and let their ignorance and fractured moral compass shine through..and believe me it does.

Saludos,

BZ~Z-0
Buela Lazcano...

guess it is safe to say my husband is alive.  Brownsville Herald will know better next time than to listen to their source...you know the Rev Inglesia Cristo Rodriguez?  He was so sure with all those inside people and sources.  I thought it had to be true or why would a person be so adamant?  Oh yeah i forgot we are not talking normal here.  Seriously though, I wish the last letter would say something.    I am sure you have read the wild stories a few die hards are coming up with about the body; which is apparently on tour.

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

ArmChairIntellect
That is surprising, but a little late for him to be giving guidance to Mexico's youth, after all the lives he has ruined....  I wonder if they will catch La Tuta soon, that would really be the death blow to LFM.  If we could only see this happen to the rest of the cartels then we would be getting somewhere.  BLO and now LFM, wonder who will fill the void in Mich. after the Knights, Zetas maybe?

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

El Regio
Buela these kids can't take me on! I present facts and I also want facts when they make their claims against me. Too bad they can't provide any! lol

hahaha I had not heard about Lazcano being on tour, thats a first.
Yes they were so adament that he was dead, but I guess not. lol

Z 500003146579

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

ArmChairIntellect
It would be nice if this place wasn't as hostile, as mean.  If people could post their views without fear of being attacked.  Abuse is abuse no matter what the justification.

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

Havana
In the real world, people converse, ask questions, receive intelligent answers which spurs many more rounds of interesting communication. Everyone benefitting with free flowing knowledge. And all that, without the subject matter being misconstrued as a secret cheering coded message for one cartel or another.  And most often, abuse isn't in the formula in the least.  But then again, look where we are.  It has all the potential in the world but lately it has been, with a few exceptional posts, a waste of time.  We can do better here, can't we?

Re: El Chango says LFM near complete collapse!

JZ..
aka   Z 500003146579

re: My husband Lazcano not on tour in fact very close

I sent out an email today to forum posters that email me, an update from a quality source, one that has never failed me or anyone.  JZ- email me and I will send it to you also.  I think it is good info including where my husband is. We have had a good exchange through email rather than forum.  Intelligent people are anxious to have dialog but hate the wannabees and their over the line ignorant, uneducated, perplexing tirade.  So we have had good email exchange.

You are at your best when you stick to what you know and the facts, they cannot touch you then because they know nothing.  One is a thug-con artist the other a man lonely with too much time on his hands.  I still will not say much against the wayward profe because I remember some insightful posts and exchanges we have had.

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

Chivo... forgot to add San Fernando as also being taken over by military.

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

buggs
Cleaning up and taking out the trash, it's starting to pile up, those who were banned it's for 7 days, next it will be your IP and all your messages you ever posted will get flushed!

I think El Chango got desperate, Los Caballeros were closing on him and he tried to seek help from the Z's, but Z was not too receptive, they did not need him, he did not have too much to offer. LFM was already weak, this might take it down as La Familia Michoacana, but expect the splinter to continue to splinter, where it end no one knows.

Have a nice day all!
Borderland Beat

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

Bones
buggs wrote
Cleaning up and taking out the trash, it's starting to pile up, those who were banned it's for 7 days, next it will be your IP and all your messages you ever posted will get flushed!
Thumbs up

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

curioso
This post was updated on .
I'm a Buggs cheerleader......GO BUGGS!!!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

You're the man jeffe!!!

You know how I feel about censorship, but I am learning posting is a right not a privilege.  This past few days I was cringing at the thought you were reading the crap and would have to step in.  Me myself would like to say thanks to the many supporters who contacted me and advised not to read anything posted by 2 persons, one the set up guy the other the dummy that ran into his trap.  They advised "just keep writing what you know, don't defend yourself that's what they want"

So I have not read anything and remained calm!!  jaja  we have some smart BB readers, and BTW Buggs, the majority of folks on forum are intelligent, interested people that want to learn more and/or share what they do know.

As for El Chango man, I don't disagree with what your state, I however was taken aback at his tirade about the youth in Mx as if he is blind to where lies his culpa.  One glaring difference between to "caught" in Mx and that of the US, in US lips are sealed not matter what, in Mx typically loose lips are the norm.

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

Old Man
Thanks Buggs. It was getting really out of control. As a retired American living in Mazatlan I appreciate
all the info i can get. I'm non confrontational and was actually intiminated causing me not to post. I left all that political confrontational BS when I retired.

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

El Profe

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

Havana
Yah Buggs!  Thanks.  It isn't like there weren't warnings.

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

????  is te old profe back?  :-)

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

El Profe

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

_The Magician_

Re: El CHANGO TELLS AUTHORITIES THAT LFM is near complete collapse..

The old Buela never left joven!  jajajaja

I wanted to send you this message about captain mierda, but then I kept hoping you would realize it on your own.  The little rev thug was another story.  he is plain trash, and worse what i said about the so called church is the fact.  I will try and post the story later today, especially since captain mierda wants it so badly.  actually it is a good warning to Americans that are preyed on by the praying inglesia cristos.  SO I hit a nerve, notice he never once defended his " church" or declared their good works?  His education is paid by a donor.  anyway I have horrible stories about their con game and harm to children. They have the most of these garage churches in Tamps, especially Mata area.

here is what I wanted to send you bout cap mierda

Que no sabe cuando estan jugando con usted? Pense que era mas inteligente que eso.
a entrado a su pequeño juego para hacer que los mexicanos peleen entre si, porque a su opinión , los mexicanos  son unos animales estupidos. .
  essentially stirring the shit pot to make us attack each other

anyway, you noticed I always defended you because I knew you were better than the shit you were putting out there and simply got caught up in the moment.  That happens.