Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

ok...figured out Maggies Madness (appropriately named) issue but had to do a separate post.

apparently Marjorie Drake has an issue with this blog and does not want to be associated with it.  SHe does however like being associated with BDN which I suppose was my first clue something not quite right. Whatever, I will leave the links up until sheremoves her rude ones.  I still think she does a good job for the limited scope of MDC/MDO and local TJ-Playa Rosarito News and still recommend her blog, it is limited and no where the caliber that BB is, but good for condenced cut and paste reads of tj news.  sorry folks I was trying to do a good thing, as it has really heated up and these unreported deaths of americans bother me and scare me, so many young people just go into the frontera thinking they are Invincible.  I would have preferred handling this privately but it is what it is!....paz Buela

Apx 3 mos ago the nephew of a friend of mind from SO Cal was killed in TJ.  He had a nightmare of a time getting the body back into California and it took 3 trips, pay offs etc.  So today when Chivo reported the death of his niece and then another lady posted the death of her brother, I am thinking jeeze what the hell is going on and why aren't these deaths a big deal in the US media?  I decided to email Marjorie Drake the blogger of Maggie’s Madness.  She lives in TJ, well more towards Playa Rosarito.  She has written back and gave me a couple of links the one at the bottom is a video of 3 Americans killed there.

Back in April when the narcofosas were discovered in Tamps I discovered there were 5 Americans missing in Mata.  One taken off the bus, the others simply disappeared, 2 during the Tony Tormenta take down.   I wrote a post about it and included pics, bios etc.  By all accounts those US citizens were good, hardworking people and not involved in narco stuff.  The families quietly gave DNA and waited for results, two were positively ID’d as being in the pits.  I tried to get an interview with the mother of one but she took down her website and dropped out of sight.  During this time US media was not running the story.  I found out about the first one accidently.  I contacted NYT and they immediately contacted me and wanted the info I had but I decided against getting involved at that time.

What all this means is this; there are a number of  missing US citizens and also those that have been killed and no one reports it and we are kept in the dark.  How many is the guess of anyone, but if I can find this many, there must be a surprising number and we are never informed,  I want to know why.   The United States Consulate General Bureau  keeps a lid on the info.  But it is where I found this:

 http://matamoros.usconsulate.gov/wm04082011en.html

And where I read about the American taken from the bus, and I began researching.  It was unbelieveable that  this huge story had this other hugely important element regarding kidnapped Americans and no one was reporting it.  Further the US Consulate issued a warning then took it back two days later knowing full well of the missing Americans in Mata.   I contacted NYT and immediately they were all over it and wanted my info, but honestly I became a bit fearful as I did not know who I was dealing with.  I backed away and just kept my eye on the story.

One cannot say it is solely the fault of Mx,  for the US agencies are also closed mouth.  I think this story is so especially  important to those who travel to the frontera.  Unnecessary travel there  is really a bad idea.

If you are not familiar with Marjorie Drake, she has lived in Baja for many years.   SHe is a "Narcologist" a term I coined for people that are knowledgeable.   She knows what is happening in upper Baja, and knows what is reported and what is not.  So naturally I turned to her for info.

Remember that Mexico is 2nd in most kidnappings in the entire world.  And from what I now know we are not informed of exactly where and how many.    There are many safe places in Mexico stay away from the border and select one that is safer.  It is something to think about, because we are not getting the complete story of what is happening along the border.

..see below...Paz, Buela

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marjorie said...

Well I don't know, the last at least ten days there haven't been executions or deaths reported in TJ or RB of gringos.

However,I'm not sure if any of these three US citizens who were executed both in RB and TJ are linked to the reports you have heard.

Fox News in San Diego reported these; the San Diego Tribune, KPBS nor San Diego Red bothered to report these and the Mexican press reported two of these, but did not identify the victims as being US citizens, and the RB one was not reported at all in the Mexican press.

I just happened to find these by chance - anyway, here they are.

What you have to do when you get to the link to Fox News, type in a search for "Three Americans killed in Baja". Let me double check that for ya.

So, you know, there are doubts that this very quiet period that we have been experiencing is not so quiet and we're just not receiving news...um, and before people start calling me paranoid and on medication and having a half-assed blog on the drug war in our area, even my Mexican neighbors are thinking this. In fact, they were the ones who brought it up, but how can you prove it?
Then she wrote

7:19 PM
Marjorie said...
Okay - here is the link to the actual
news broadcast. You have to do a video search with the title"Locals killed in Baja"

Since this video, Fox has added a written text which states they were working with Tijuana Hoy on this story - that did not come out in the original news broadcast:

Locals Killed In Baja:
http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=936417@xetv.web.entriq.net&navCatId=5

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

LAJEFA
NO ONE CARES, MY HUSBAND AND I WERE KIDNAPPED 8/2/2008 FROM FALCON DAM, TX BY THE ZETAS  AND TAKEN AT GUN POINT TO GUERREO , MEX, I WAS LET GO SO I COULD GET THE KIDNAPPERS 210,000 US DLLS AND MY HUSBAND WAS LEFT THERE IN MEXICO SO I COULD GET THE MONEY, I DID NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY SO I REPORTED IT TO THE FBI , WE KNEW THE PEOPLE WHO KIDNAPPED US THEY WERE OUR NEIGHBORS THE FBI DID NOTHING ALL THEY WANTED WAS INFORMATION THEY WANTED TO KNOW IF WE WERE INVOLVED IN DRUGS I TOLD THEM NO, IF WE WERE WE WOULD NOT BE REPORTING THE KIDNAPPING TO THEM WE WOULD BE PAYING THE RANSOM , THEY DID NOTHING I HAD TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE IN MEXICO AND PAY THEM TO RESCUE MY HUSBAND, IT TOOK  22 DAYS  OF TORTURE AND SUFFERING BEFORE THEY RESCUED MY HUSBAND BUT WE GOT HIM BACK ALIVE WHEN I GOT HIM BACK THE FBI WANTED TO INTERVIEW HIM JUST TO GET INFORMATION AND THEY DID NOT ARREST THE KIDNAPPERS BECAUSE WHEN THEY ASKED MY NEIGHBORS THEY CLAIMED THEY DID NOT KNOW US BUT THE SURVEILLANCE VIDEO AT FALCOM DAMN PROVED OTHERWISE , THE VIDEO SHOWED US BEING TAKEN AT GUN POINT INTO MEXICO BUT SINCE WE DID NOT TELL THE FBI WHAT THEY WANTED TO HEAR , THEY REFUSED TO HELP US NOW THE KIDNAPPERS ARE STILL LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSE FREE OF ANY WORRIES ACCORDING TO THE FBI THEY ARE WAITING TO GET THEM ON BIGGER CHARGES, WE HAVE PROOF OF ALL THIS , BUT MAYBE THIS IS WHY NO ONE REPORTS KIDNAPPINGS AND KILLINGS  ITS NOT IMPORTANT, AND JUST A NOTE I FORGOT TO ADD , WHEN I REPORTED THE KIDNAPPING TO THE FBI , THE KIDNAPPERS FOUND OUT 3 HOURS LATER THE FBI KNOWS WHO THEY ARE THEY JUST HELP AND RESCUE WHO EVER THEY FIND CONVINIENT OR WHOEVER IS GOING TO GIVE THEM MORE MY HUSBAND TOOK A SEVERE BEATING AFTER THE KIDNAPPERS FOUND OUT I HAD NOTIFIED THE FBI, ( I WAS WARNED NOT TO NOTIFY THE LAW) THE KIDNAPPERS TOLD ME THEY HAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE I DID NOT BELIEVE THEM BUT NOW I DO.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

ArmChairIntellect
Wow, have you talked to your local media, it's pretty big news if you have proof, and what you say is true.  Falcon Lake shooting was a big deal, national coverage that brought a lot of attention to the cartels.  Have you tried this, the failings and possible corruption on the part of the FBI is very riveting, the media would be salivating just at the prospect of this being true.

Also just as a side note I love Meggie's Madness I think its a great blog.   Best info on Baja anywhere!!

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

LAJEFA
I have given it some thought but you see I am not afraid of these people anymore I have confronted two of them on at Jack in the Box in Rio Grande City Texas in September 2010 on of them was following my husband and I  si we parked at Jack in the box for safety while this was happening on of them was trying to pull my husband into his pick up , you see they are very angry at us I got my husband back without paying the ransom this was an insult to them and now they are still after us , well while the kidnapper was trying to pull my husband into the pick up to take him again I acted in self defense and I hit the kidnapper to try to pull my husband away from the truck while this was happening the people inside Jack in the Box called Rio Grande City Police department and when the police arrived I was hitting the kidnapper who by the way had my husband by the neck , The Police arrested my husband and I for assualt , I told the police officer Ramos that we were acting in self defense I told her that they were trying to kidnap my husband and that these guys had kidnapped him before and if they like they could check with the FBI the office Ramos said she did not care about the kidnapping that all she cared about was the assault the officer searched my vehicle stole 300 dlls from my purse and my sunglasses and arrested us , I later learned that this officer new these people and refused to arrest them becasuse they were mexican nationals and that she was in the kidnapping too she got paid for helping out.  My husband and I were bailed out went to the chief of police filed a complaint we were suppose to hear from him in 3 days its July 2011 and nothing yet as for the FBI I went back and reported the incident to them and all I got from them is I believe you there is a lot of corrruption in that area we are still looking for bigger charges to arrest these people.  So I want to stay in the dark for right know while I gather more proof against these corrupt agencies and so I can get back at these kidnappers the only Justice I have learned is the one you take into your own hands cause no one listens to the victim , No one cares.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

Arm Chair...my last comment I said MM and Zeta is my go to for TJ
SHe was nice enough to repsond when I needed info, but look at her blog she really tears into people.
I just ignore it and go for the inof but she followed me back to BB..and I am not going to allow anyone to throw people I know are honorable under the bus w/o saying my piece.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

You have a right to have a report written to document this.
You have the right to go to the state police.
this was in 2008 so this was before the Hartley incident.  What I will say is I recall that when the Hartley thing went down reports were that other Americans had reported incidents with cartels on Falcon Lake.  perhaps that is you?

I agree you should take your proof to the press.  In fact if you have a police report or whatever proof I can hook you up with a major US newspaper, who I am sure will be very interested.  you can send me an email I can discuss it privately.  I don't need to know your name.  In fact I prefer not to know.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

AllseeingI
I'm calling bullshit.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

Havana
 Another invisible injustice to add to the long, incomplete list with the perps. just walking away, whistling, like another day at the beach.  I'd especially like the FBI called out for such ineptitude and laziness. I understand that you feel no one cares about you and your husband.  But it is still wrong, wrong, wrong and you deserve respect. Giving the story to the local media could help others.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

I agree, please I will help you!  You will need proof; a report of some documentation.  I believe this could be true, because when the Hartley thing went down they referred to another incident very similar to this that happened a couple years prior.

Let me help you, as I stated you need not give me your name and my connections are major media sources.  But they need documentation, that is a must.  if you email me thru BB I can forward to a well known reporter with a major publication.  He writes only Mx issues, you would know his name.  I will "introduce" you, he will contact you and he will never divulge your real names.  I know you are scared
but you will be protected and you will help others.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

AllseeingI
Banned User
That is amazing. Someone who has more protective powers than the FBI. I am impressed. Do you honestly believe your own bullshit?

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

tonebowski
Why doubt her immediately? This kind of stuff happens a lot more than we could possibly know. I'm sure there are all sorts of average joe's who get the cold shoulder when reporting these type's of happenings. I'm more curious about how you got your husband rescued. Can you elaborate on that a bit?

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

Allseeing is a bitter, lonely, contentious woman.  that is why is doubts anything and everything.
She disrupts and fights with primarily me and chivo.

and she is banned, so we can now say our op freely and in peace

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

Interested-in-Solutions
Allseeing was pretty disturbed.

In any case, thank you Buela for your insightful posts.

Re: Deaths and Kidnappings of Americans In Mexico Not Being Reported ..why?

Interested-in-Solutions
What an amazing and shocking story.

I hope you both take self defense classes and/or arm yourselves for protection.