Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

Kye0001
The daily fail has managed to report something without it being derogatory.  Not sure if that should be the news story or that 100lbs of fentanyl was found lol.  I don't know if it ties in with any arrests etc so thought it worth posting.  Hope that's ok

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5314275/Mexican-police-100-lbs-fentanyl-multi-drug-stash.html#newcomment.

Re: Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

Mexican cops find enough fentanyl to kill more than one million people stuffed into back of SUV alongside cocaine, heroin and meth just 90 minutes from the border
The bust took place in Ensenada, about an hour and a half south of the US border
Police found the deadly opioid fentanyl, cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine
The man driving the car was stopped for a missing license plate
Fentanyl is suspected to have played a role in celebrity deaths including Prince and Tom Petty

Mexican police found a multi-drug shipment that included an astonishing 100 pounds (45.5 kilograms) of the synthetic opioid fentanyl in a vehicle near the city of Ensenada in Baja California, officials said Thursday.

Fentanyl can be fatal in doses of just a few milligrams. To put the size of the haul in perspective, a seizure last year of 4.5 pounds (2 kilograms) of fentanyl in Columbus, Ohio, was said by prosecutors to be enough to potentially kill the entire population of the city of 860,000 people.

Police in Mexico said the drug shipment seized near Ensenada also included 914 pounds (415 kilograms) of crystal meth, 88 pounds (40 kilograms) of cocaine and 18.5 pounds (8.4 kilograms) of heroin.

Police arrested a man who was driving an SUV stuffed with the drugs near Ensenada. The drugs were so bulky they were stuffed into a pile of sacks that filled the rear of the vehicle.

The man was initially stopped because he lacked a front license plate.

Ensenada is located about an hour and a half south of the border with the US state of California.

In November, Mexican authorities seized 31 pounds (14 kilograms) of fentanyl hidden in a car on a highway between the Gulf of California and San Luis Rio Colorado, which is home to a border crossing with Arizona.

An accidental overdose of fentanyl was determined to have killed music legend Prince in April 2016. And a coroner's finding showed that among the medications found in the system of the late rock star Tom Petty were fentanyl and oxycodone.

Re: Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

the post is fine but at least republish the text with a link to source

Re: Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

Kye0001
Sorry I will do next time.

Re: Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

no problem.  and you don't have to use photos if you don't want to, text copy and paste is easy.

Re: Daily mail report re: fentanyl found in mexico

No license plate!  Ouch, someone is going to pay severely for that.