DEA seizes fentanyl, arrests one man in Chula Vista home, San Diego

DEA seizes fentanyl, arrests one man in Chula Vista home, San Diego

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/dea-searches-chula-vista-home-arrests-man/2271827/

I expect a press release may be issued, given some of the details, I think also it could be a dark web distribution case, given the Post Office's involvement and HSI.

The Drug Enforcement Administration found fentanyl in a Chula Vista home Tuesday morning, resulting in the arrest of one man, officials confirmed.

Joined with San Diego law enforcement, the DEA executed a federal search warrant at around 6 a.m. for a home along McCloud River Road, off Santa Paula Drive and Otay Lakes Road.

Crews found fentanyl and opioids inside the home but could not reveal how much, according to DEA agent Nathan Jones.

Agents used flash bangs to coax the suspect out of the home. Jones said no guns were fired, and the man surrendered without incident.

A next-door neighbor told NBC 7 she heard the flash bang and ordered her children to get on the floor, fearing it was gunfire.

The man faces a federal charge of suspicion of drug trafficking, Jones told NBC 7.

The house is located across the street from Countryside Park and roughly a half-mile southwest from the Eastlake Village Marketplace.

An NBC 7 photographer at the scene noticed about a dozen people standing in the driveway of the home at around 7 a.m.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Services and Homeland Security Investigations are assisting the DEA with the investigation.

Re: DEA seizes fentanyl, arrests one man in Chula Vista home, San Diego

Frank
Thanks for update. Probably a decent haul if they’re mum about it; trynta flip him if he hasn’t ratted yet. I hope they get it all. Unfortunately it’s a drop in the bucket no matter how much they seized. But good job to the DEA for getting that poison off the streets. Indescribably despicable to sell that shit. Should be treated as attempted 187. All hard drugs wreak havoc but I have a special hate in my heart for fent and those who profit from it. No unwinded the clock though, I reckon. Murderous cat’s out the bag.

...don’t they carry drop guns anymore? Can’t think of anyone more deserving than a fentanyl pusher. Too many cameras everywhere I s’pose.