Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Locked 1772 messages Options
12345678 ... 89

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

eric torres

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ArmChairIntellect
Itzil I must say your writings on the CDG have been thoroughly interesting to read and you have a natct for cadence, I do hope you continue your writings.  Both of these threads on the CDG have been intrinsically spot on in their analysis and to all of the contributors who have all added to the texture of this thread deserve some gratitude, thanks.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

slayer421
I second armchair.....thanks for all of the great reading, truly interesting!!!

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Reynosa is a mess! In reality, it seems to be that Los Metros have inflicted more damage to the CDG than even the Z have!

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El"H"
if quarenta was still around i reckon the Z would be on a big offensive against CDG right now

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I totally agree, Los Metros have been involved in the vast majority of internal conflicts within the CDG, be it Metros vs. Zetas, Metros vs. Rojos, and Metros vs. Ciclones. Not only that, but look at how many Metros have been killed by fellow Metros. Btw, I'm piggybacking on commentary from the main board, but I agree with the point, the banner on Erick's body was professionally done, I don't think this happened spur of the moment and it seems to be a preplanned power grab with the kidnappings as an excuse.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Mainboard posts:

"Metros cleaning up house. Don't underestimate the Metros. The are by far the strongest faction in the Gulf Cartel, also the most battle tested due to being in the front-line bringing war to the Zetas and the occasional infighting. They control the Reynosa plaza, Frontera Chica, San Fernando, el norte de Veracruz, they have the Z surronded in Fresnillo since they managed to take away and control most of the Zacatecas plaza, and Cancun. They also operate in the surrounding municipalities of Tampico and are now fighting for Edomex plazas. What helped them a lot was the defection of Talibans people and all the CT who joined their ranks. A lot of Caballeros Templarios have been absorbed into the Gulf Cartel. Ya esta hablado. La plaza Michoacana sera de el CDG otra vez. La Tuta ODIA la los Jaliscenos y Zetas, prefiere que el Golfo se quede con la plaza pero que su gente este alli para laborala y administre. La Tuta el Febrero andaba en Rio Bravo pidiendo apoyo pero los Golfos le dijeron que ya esta perdida la guerra contra la AD. That's why there hasn't been an all out war, la Tuta knows he will loose if he puts all his cards in. They just waiting for the May 10 deadline. "

"Also la Cumbres is Cherrys Leal territory. The fatass actually goes out to fight but he has to take lorazepam if not he'll shit his pants."

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

_The Magician_

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Maddy

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ENDTHEWAR
Lol....mr pharmacist over here....its clonazepam....and the difference isn't that big.....both benzos.....both over prescribed.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Minor Updates
It has been a while since I have seen any truly informative posts on Valor por Tamaulipas, which has been my main source for this thread. Nevertheless, I think it is worth posting the general status of things so that everyone has a feel of what is going on.

Reynosa
Shootouts and roadblocks are occurring daily in the city with no end in sight. Several properties owned by cartel members (apparently affiliates of "Paquito") have been burned. The rumblings are that "Paquito" is being hit hard and is digging in to try and resist the assault against him. Rumors are being spread that young men are being abducted and forced into helping "Paquito" fight. It is also worth noting that weapon stashes, including an armored vehicle, have been found by authorities and a few arrests were made of young men from Central America who work for the CDG.

Matamoros
While no reason has been given why it is occurring, Matamoros is heating up. A body was found without a head or limbs recently. Military officials fired upon a cartel vehicle. Shootouts are occurring.

Tampico
Shootouts and killings continue. It has been commented that at first "Chive" looked like he would quickly take out "Sheyla". However "Sheyla" has dug in and the battle between the two continues with no end in sight as neither side having a real advantage.

CDG & the Ministerial Police
One interesting post claimed that all the ministerial police commanders have been called to go to Ciudad Victoria (the state capital) where they will be tested for confidence. Police commanders from CDG controlled cities, this post claims, have been threatened to not comply with the request. The CDG fear is, first and foremost, that state officials in Ciudad Victoria, a city controlled by Los Zetas, have fallen under the sway of their sway and this is an attempt to weaken the CDG in advance of incursions by Los Zetas into CDG territory. Likewise, even if Los Zetas are not behind this, the fear of the CDG is that police commanders will not pass the tests and that newly appointed commanders will not necessarily fall under the sway of the CDG.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
Tamaulipas is gonna get worse this year.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Thoughts on Overall Leadership of Los Metros

With the lull of new information, I have been thinking quite a bit about the leadership of Los Metros. While information is space, I have come up with a few possible conclusions and felt it would be productive to present them. Any feedback or input would be most welcomed.

Origins and Historic Leadership
From my past research, it appears the term Metro was first used as a call sign referring to the city of Matamoros, though there has been alternate explanations, for instance, that it once referred to a dedicated position within the Gulf Cartel. Regardless, as with many other subgroups of the CDG, members of Los Metros use a personal call sign in the format of Metro # or M# for short.

Therefore, there should have been at one point a Metro 1/M1 who would be the founder of Los Metros. It appears, though is not conclusive, that this was Mario "El Gordo" Cardenas Guillen, who also has the nickname of "El Metro".

The next member of Los Metros was "El Metro 2", better known as Gregorio "El Goyo/El Caramuela" Sauceda Gamboa. "El Goyo" was best known for being the plaza head of Reynosa. It appears that from that point on, Los Metros have been closely associated with the city of Reynosa. "El Goyo" was arrested on April 30, 2009.

Following the arrest of "El Goyo", leadership of Los Metros was taken over by Samuel "El Metro 3" Flores Borrego until his death on September 2, 2011. He was succeeded by Héctor "El Metro 4" Delgado Santiago, who in turn was killed on January 15, 2013.

At this point, one would logically assume, based upon the above pattern, that leadership of Los Metros would be taken over by "El Metro 5".  However, this was not the case. "El Metro 5" has been identified as Ediel "La Muela" Lopez Garcia by United States authorities who have held and prosecuted him. The date of his arrest is not official, however anonymous sources state it occurred September 18, 2013. Sources said that he was in charge of the Miguel Alemán plaza.

Instead, leadership of Los Metros was taken over by Mario Armando "X-20" Ramírez Treviño, who was arrested on August 17, 2013.

Who Succeeded "X-20"?
Following the arrest of "X-20", the leadership of Los Metros has been quite unclear. Shortly after his arrest, United States authorities speculated that he would be succeeded by either Luis Alberto "El Güicho" Trinidad Cerón,  Juan Francisco "El 98" Carrizales, or Juan Alberto "El Juanillo" de la Cruz Álvarez. However, I found all three of these to be unlikely as they were all closely associated with Miguel "El Gringo" Villarreal, who was killed by members of Los Metros.

Blog posts would point to Juan Manuel "Juan Perros/Pantera 11" Rodriguez García as the likely successor, though they also referred to some members of Los Metros supporting Galdino "El Mellado" Mellado Cruz, though overall Los Metros had reservations due to his past as a member of Los Zetas, under the code name "Z-11". Another name was mentioned, that of el comandante Luciérnaga de la Carlos Cantú, though little information is available about this individual.

Sole Leadership of Federation?
In the absence of more definitive information, I was inclined to think that "Juan Perros" was the most likely individual to have taken over leadership of Los Metros based upon the frequency of him being mentioned and the power he seemingly has.

Yet the publication of the twelve most wanted narcos in Tamualipas muddies the waters.  As I stated in an earlier post, the way the information was presented seems to indicate that all the CDG members except one are plaza heads.  Within that list, "Juan Perros" is listed as head of the Río Bravo plaza.  If he was truly the leader of Los Metros, it would be very likely that he would appoint another person to be in charge of the plaza.  Could the list be based on outdated information? Possibly.

However, the information coming out from the violence in Reynosa seems to reinforce my conclusion.  "Paquito" is repeatedly stated to be in charge of the Reynosa plaza.  "El Toro", a sector commander, is rebelling against him and receiving support from "Juan Perros" and "El Polimenso".  If "Juan Perros", or any other individual for that matter, was truly the leader of Los Metros, I would expect at least someone to point out that the decision to take out "Paquito" comes from above.  Instead, it is heavily implied that "El Toro" is being supported by individuals who share equal power.

So what does this all mean?  I wish I knew for sure, but I get the impression that rather there being a supreme leader of Los Metros following the capture of "X-20" the organization instead has become a federation of plaza heads.  If this is the case, one can look at the violence in Reynosa being an attempt of other plaza heads trying to weaken "Paquito" in order to increase their own power and possibly attempt to take over full leadership of Los Metros.

Or maybe I have reached the wrong conclusion.  Maybe "Juan Perros" or another individual is leading Los Metros and this is just an internal war akin to taking out "El Gringo".  I will definitely be on the lookout for information pointing in one direction or another.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
Itli, I don't think the Gulf Cartel has a supreme commander. I use to think it was one of the Cardenas-Guillen brothers but based on information out there the Gulf Cartel is more like a alliance of Warlords at this point. Warlords that control their people and turf but usually end up fighting other warlords and change alliances the way babies change diapers.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I tend to look at it that way as well. While there are at least three major independent factions of the Gulf Cartel (Los Metros, Matamoros, and CDG Sur), it appears to me that Los Metros and CDG Sur do not have actual leadership but more akin to collections of fiefdoms (plazas) with local warlords (plaza heads). As for Matamoros, it seems that they were fairly organized around Homero Cardenas Guillen, but if his death was true that may be collapsing and would explain things heating up recently.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Notable Killing in Tampico
It is being reported on Valor por Tamulipas that "Ñetas" was killed around midnight on May 6. Federal police officers chased him from the Comex store, but when he reached the Texas curve, soldiers ambushed him and he was shot dead. He was one of the leaders of the armed wing of the group Camello and a member of Los Jimmys under the command of "Comandante Wuason".

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

I think there needs to be a post like this for every major cartel. Info on them, who the current leaders are, where they operate, internal beefs, alliances, etc. This is a fantastic post Itzli.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

We do not have a crystal ball, but if there is all this fighting going on why don't they just divide up into seperate cartels all together? It seems stupid to be all under the same banner and kill each other. Upon keeping up with this thread I have to believe if all these groups could unite they would be quite imposing, and even could step into the top spot again with CDS taking a fwe steps back.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El"H"
the Zs will b loving that

makes sense a leader was killed there had been reports of roadblocks and blockades across the city

wonder whos side he was on altho it dnt rely matter since he was killed by feds
12345678 ... 89