Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1234567 ... 86

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I agree that the importance of comandantes has a tendency to be exaggerated. It seems overly simplistic, but the word comandante can truly be defined as a person in charge of other people. It can range anywhere from a person in charge of a hand full of lookouts up to a leader of the entire cartel. Plaza heads tend to be a good starting point as far as relative importance is concerned, though there are generally higher level individuals, such as regional commanders, operators, lieutenants, and capos.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
More Info on K14
A couple weeks ago there was a comment on the main board saying that K14 was snitching to keep from being extradited to the United States. Looks like the rumor may be true. In the article Vincula a gobernador con Cártel del Golfo it states that Javier "K14" Garza Medrano has become a protected witness of the PGR. He has already provided information on Eduardo Vela Ruiz, a wealthy businessman who is also a member of PRI and good friend of Egidio Torre Cantú. Eduardo provided K14 with armored vehicles, airplanes, and aided in protecting him from authorities. An odd piece of information coming from this article is that it is now being said that K14 was arrested in Queretaro, not Guerrero.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Something was definitely fishy when both Gordo and Coss went down in Tampico and K14 was somehow left untouched...

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
And Sierra, who was in charge of Tampico, went down around the same time in Jalisco. Definitely raises red flags in hindsight.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
The fact that Sierra was caught in Guadalajara would be further proof of a CDG/CDS alliance at the time...

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
It's been quiet on the forum lately, so I thought I'd take advantage of the lull to try and do some more research on the most wanted list. I wish I could have found more, but here are a few bits and pieces I found:

"La Hamburguesa" was mentioned along with "Mellado" in a note left on a dead body in Piedras Negras in August 2010. In August 2012 bodies were found in Zacatecas with a note threatening the followers of "Antonioa la Hamburguesa y al Gringo". Around that same time a banner in memory of M3 appeared in Reynosa and "La Hamburguesa" was listed as one of the signatures.

"Polimenso" was also one of the signatures listed on the M3 memorial banner in August 2012. Based on the video Comandante Polimenso M60 - Lirik Dog Ft. Cien Bolas it appears he is also known as M60.

"Comandante Paquito" appears to have been plaza head of Reynosa during the leadership of X20.

"Juan Perros" was said to have been head of sicarios under X20 and was rumored to have challenged for the leadership of Los Metros after the arrest of X20. He seems to be among the signatures listed on the M3 memorial banner in August 2012.

"El Negro" is the brother of M3. He was arrested in December 2010.

"El Metro 103" has two songs dedicated to him: Mc Beto Comandante Metro 103 and Chuy Quintanilla - Comandante 103

"Ciclon 7" has a song dedicated to him: Mr'Fresh - Pal Elotes (Ciclon 7)

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

dcm90

I don't know if this is any relevant (is a 10 years old note) but it has some info about some of the old z/cdg members . It has some interesting background info about el chuta for example (there is no detailed info in the web about him)

http://losapuntes.blogspot.com/2004/11/cancn.html

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Bjeff
Eduardo Vela Ruiz, successful businessman who appears in a lists in Forbes, prominent member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) and a close friend of the governor Egidio Torre Cantú, is being investigated by the Attorney General's Office ( PGR) for his alleged links with Javier Garza Medrano "Commander 14", a Gulf Cartel capo (CDG).

After his arrest on April 3 in the city of Querétaro, Medrano Garza filed for the PGR protection program to obtain witnesses procedural benefits, according to unidentified sources.

"Criminal Investigations that initiated after the capture of Javier Garza Medrano, 'El 14', former head of the Gulf Cartel, said it turned out to be a partner and friend of the employer," the text is published on the page "narcoempresario.weebly.com".

Eduardo Vela Ruiz, lent the capo "armored cars and airplanes, to the media to hide, protect and evade authorities, everything is related in the federal investigation."

FUNDED CAMPAIGNS

The "Commander 14" also involved other entrepreneurs in their business and the commitments they have with the CDG.

The leaks says that "Medrano's henchmen, including a chief of Medical Services in the City of Tampico, Carlos Edmundo Vargas Sánchez, along with the detainee, were telling all and it is now known that Vela Ruiz was instrumental in the framework of criminal Gulf Cartel in the metropolitan area of ​​Tampico".

Eduardo Vela Ruiz, is chairman of the group that handles Velas Hotels: Grand Velas, Casa Velas y Velas Vallarta. In addition two of the most luxurious hotels in Mexico: the Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, and the Caribbean group built the Grand Velas Riviera Maya.

The employer also funded the campaign of now PRI mayor of Tampico, Gustavo Torres Salinas, who has been appointed to protect the CDG.

The reports prepared by the PGR indicate that Vela Ruiz was intermediate with the administration of Governor Egidio Torre Cantú, to get "some favors" for "Commander 14".

Since April 4, a day after the capture of the capo Javier Garza Medrano, factions of the same Gulf Cartel began fighting over the Tampico plaza.

The violence began from that date and from recent events is the failed attempt to kidnap the daughter of Eduardo Vela Ruiz at her home by an armed commando. The timely intervention of the escorts prevented the kidnapping on Friday 18.

Source:
http://www.eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx/notas/2014/4/22/vincula-gobernador-cartel-golfo-429890.asp

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Itzli,

What do you know about Comandante Guerra? He was Coss' chief of Security based out of Valle Hermoso, but some say he was the one who initially setup the CDS/CDG truce and allowed CDG to move product without a piso...

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Comandante Guerra's real name is Rogelio Guerra Ramírez. He has been listed as one of the "founding" members of Los Zetas. Like "El Mellado", upon the split between Los Zetas and the CDG, he chose to remain with the CDG. He would become a member of Los Xs, with the code name X18, and like you said was based out of Valle Hermoso. He was killed by Los Metros during the war between Los Metros and Los Rojos. I don't recall hearing anything about him brokering a truce between the CDS and CDG. My understanding of the origins of the CDS and CDG truce is thus:

The war between the CDS and CDG for Nuevo Laredo lasted for years. It was generally regarded that Los Zetas, then an armed wing of the CDG, won the war for the organization. However, there were rumors that a truce was reached. I need to dig up some old notes on the exact timing of things, but sometime thereafter Osiel Cardenas had "El Goyo" removed as plaza head of Reynosa and put "El Hummer", a member of Los Zetas, in his place. Some members of the CDG were unhappy with the situation as they felt that such a prominent position should go to an old guard member of the CDG with long standing family connections. Short lived infighting took place thereafter. I don't quite recall if it was during "El Goyo" or "El Hummer" or after the arrest of "El Hummer", but "El Coss" reached an agreement with the CDS allowing them to move drugs through Reynosa. Los Zetas were unhappy with this and targeted the Sinaloan traffickers. Eventually things were worked out, but from that point Los Zetas started an increasingly independent streak. So my understanding is that "El Coss" was responsible for the CDS/CDG truce and doubt that Guerra, who at the time I believe was a member of Los Zetas, would have been involved.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
X20 had Comandante Guerra boss in Valle Hermoso murdered. X20 even requested his men chop off Guerra's head as proof and they did just that. It is known that Comandante Guerra was the right hand man of Coss. He was one of the original Zetas but never went by a Z call number. Im not sure if he was ever even under the Z flag. I believe he was a high ranking military member from 1989 to 1999 when he defected to join the CDG. I have heard different stories about him. I heard X20 took him out because he was a long time respected member and wanted to consolidate his power. I also heard he was killed because of his ties to the Zetas in particular Lazca. I also heard he had a long standing standing feud with X20 over a plaza boss assignment. X20 thought he should have been picked over Guerra. I have also heard he was killed for his ties to CDS. He was Coss' right hand man and from what I heard when CDS wanted to move drugs through Tamp. they dealt with Comandante Guerra. Many people say that M3 was whacked on orders from CDS. M3 and R1 were incharge of Reynosa but their guys were heating up the plaza with kidnappings. Coss warned both M3 and R1 but the kidnappings didn't stop. Coss was ordered by CDS to handle it so he had R1 kill M3. I am not sure why it wasn't the other way around. M3 was a close friend of X20 so maybe that had something to do with the grudge as well. If you ask me it was probably a little bit of everything that led to his death. Its obvious that X20 must have really hated him if he had his head chopped off instead of getting the more respectful mafia coup de grace like M3 got.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Over the weekend, things heated up significantly in Reynosa.  Based upon the posts on Valor por Tamaulipas, this is my understanding of the situation:

"Comandante Paquito", who I have written a bit about previously, is also known as Paco (this may be his real name) and is in charge of the plaza of Reynosa.  There are a number of people close to "Comandante Paquito", among them are his cousins Erick, Nano, and Picol and his accountant Ivan, who is in charge of transportation routes.  Erick stands out as he is "Comandante Paquito's" right hand.  It is being alleged that Erick has been causing problems because of kidnappings, in particular people from the group of "Comandante Toro".

"Comandante Toro" controls the colonias of Fresnos, San Valentin, Loma Real, Ventura, and some others in Reynosa.  Due to the kidnappings, "Comandante Toro" demanded that "Comandante Paquito" hand over Erick.  "Comandante Toro" is not acting without support, as he is being backed up by "Juan Perros" and "Comandante Panochitas".  Rumor had it that they also sought to replace "Comandante Paquito" with "Comandante Poli/M60".

Rumors are already floating around that Erick was either handed over or killed during the conflict and that the situation will probably die down quickly.

As a side note, one person posted that "Juan Perros" is also known as "Alfa 11", though a reply stated that "Juan Perros" is "Pantera 11" and "Alfa 11" is a different individual who is also known as "El Perro".

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

guasa_001
Where does juan carrizales el 98 fall into all this I would like to know more is he dead or just low pro? Where is he originally from ?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I don't know too much as I haven't heard about him in a while. Based upon him being a nephew of "El Tubi", I assume he is originally from Nuevo Laredo. Despite his name being floated as potentially taking the place of X20, I always got the impression that he was fairly low level within the CDG, though I may be wrong. I assume he's still around, just not as noticeable as the push to take over Nuevo Laredo has apparently fizzled out.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Some say that it wasn't Chapo leaving the chopped up bodies and the manta in Nuevo Laredo, but actually Carizzales...

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
The  manta left with Mono's body is interesting. They are still using the M3/M4 tags, but do all factions in Reynosa use it or just those under Juan Perros?

Also, the extra "Plaza Reynosa" and "Los Metros" to me still shows a split with the Matamoros faction. Reynosa just can't get anything together!

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Not for sure but I think the majority of Los Metros use such tags. Not only was it used on the manta but reports are the vehicles that were running around over the weekend had M3/M4 on the doors.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Looks like the speculation that things would calm down once Erick was dealt with is not the case. Still reports of conveys of cartel members and executions, among which is "Comandante Chumon" who was also known as "Metro 50".

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Was Talibans people...

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Reynosa continues to be very active with narco convoys and killings. Though unconfirmed, rumors are circulating of various comandantes being killed, among them Paquito, Picol, Chiricuas, and Vampiro.
1234567 ... 86