Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1 ... 8283848586

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

I don't really think so either, although they have their base in Diaz Ordaz, which is close to Valadeces where El Gringo operated at one time. Los Piojos have been hardwire-connected to CDG at least from the early days of Osiel Cardenas' reign. It seems they controlled Diaz Ordaz and Valadeces at least from 2001 or 2002 up until now. They were tight with Checo Martinez and thus Metro 2, Panilo and El Toro in Reynosa. They must have been involved with establishing Los Deltas, and I read that X-20 crossed over Rio Grande for them in early days.

Then again, there are lots of references to Los Piojos working with Los Zetas too, maybe that was the link to what El Gringo was accused of doing, however I think Miguel Villareal was killed because he executed Metro 4. I cannot find and reference to exactly whom Los Piojos worked with in Los Zetas. Maybe you read about it in that book?

Cabeza de Vaca has also been accused of having ties to Los Piojos. They apparently receive money from the state as leaders of the livestock association in Diaz Ordaz in a money laundering scheme or something like that. I couldn't get the exact grasp of it or how Cabeza de Vaca is connected.

The more I read, the more interesting it gets. During the trial Óscar Nava Valencia AKA El Lobo of the Mileno Cartel or the Valencia Cartel, now the core family behind CJNG, testified he did a lot of drug business with los Piojos. Things are not what it seems.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
X-20 crossed over for them?

I read in this thread that Los Piojos along with el toro supported el Mellado to becoming the head of Los Metros. I know x20 didnt allow it and appointed Juan perros because he believed El Mellado still had ties to the zetas. I also remember reading somewhere that El Mamito had his race horses in miguel Aleman or camargo both CDG strong holds.

I read that as well about them doing business with the Mileno Cartel which I also found interesting. I also remember reading somewhere that z-47 the one who accompanied omar Trevino to the meeting also had some sort of ties to the Valencia's. I know he was related to z-200 from the Guatemala massacre. I just can't remember where I read it from.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
Z-43 correction

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

José María or Carlos Guizar Valencia AKA Z43 is for sure an interesting puzzle. He is cousin of Mauricio Guizar Cardenas AKA Z200 and Erick Cardenas Guizar AKA El Orejon. His brother, Antonio Guizar Valencia, was killed in 2005, but from what I understand Toño Guizar Valencia was the regional boss for the Gonzalez Valencia Crime Family, nowadays known as Los Cuinis.

Los Cuinis is a fitting name, meaning squirrel, or more likely pointing to how squirrels have multiple offspring, just how the Valencia family have spread throughout the Mexican crime map.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

RGV AG
I am not too sure about things after about 2007, but the Piojos were from and basically controlled Valadeces and the routes and "brechas" leading up to and around Valadeces.  Their power or status came from being very close to "El June" from the old school CDG days, the guy that was caught in the cellar days after his place was raided in between Camargo and Miguel Aleman.  They had been the logistics and storage guys for a big part of that area of operations for the CDG.

They were not the controlling clan in Diaz Ordaz, which was always tied in more with Reynosa, for the CDG, that was another group (mainly a guy that was killed early on when the troubles started, I forget the name).  There used to basically be a territory demarcation line, the curve/train tracks that were just west of Valadeces and basically to the cross roads leading into Diaz Ordaz signified the area controlled by the Piojos, this was a narrow swath, but it was deep north to south with a lot of storage locations.  They controlled a large portion of the illegal alien smuggling, which brought them big money.  The Piojos and the Camargo clan were always very tight with the PRI, and were arch enemies of the PAN organization that Cabeza de Vaca was tied into, which they kept at bay from having much influence west of Reynosa.

What I had understood is that part of the family got tight with the Zetas and part stayed tight with the remaining CDG faction and that eventually it all went to sheet for them as a whole.  There was not an over abundance of intellectual talent in the Diaz Ordaz-Camargo-Miguel Aleman corridor, and thus external influences took over fairly quickly once things fell apart.  The figures that came to light/prominence in the recent years had been low level flunky's for the most part in that area before attrition thinned the herd.

If I am not mistaken, by about 2011 most of the Piojos were in Mission and the Palmview area, with some small remaining operations trying to stay afloat in the Sullivan City area, but that they were no longer big time operators in Mexico.

I worked in that area for over 15 years, and saw some of these guys fairly often, them and some of their flunkies, and they were not rocket scientists and boy did they piss away a lot of money in that area over the years.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

leChef
@RGV: Thank you for that post. Most appreciated and real value. I should have thought of the link to El June and los Aerolitos. I didn't know they only controlled Valadeces. There is a time and again retold story that they kidnapped and killed a couple of drug traffickers in Diaz Ordaz in 2002, Oscar Guadalupe Chapa de la Rosa AKA El Topo and Juan de Dios García Benavides AKA El Chiquilín. It would be interesting to know the name of the plaza boss in Diaz Ordaz you are referring to.

Do you have any other interesting info or stories from that period? I would like to hear

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

RGV AG
Chef:

It is very possible that the Piojos gained more power and might have become much more powerful taking over Diaz Ordaz, but I really wouldn't have known as I really lost contact with that area by about 2007, and ended up out of Mexico basically to the current.  But I spent 15 years in those locales.

I want to say they got the nickname because there was so many of them, a bunch of brothers and family, and a bunch of hangers on as well.  They lived back south of Valadeces down one of the brechas and basically kept to themselves, but they had gained more noteriety for sure by the mid 00's.  I remember the double murder/disappearance that you are talking about, I think the Piojos had to carry it out by orders of someone else as if I am not mistaken that was when things got real serious in the Diaz Ordaz-Camargo-Miguel Aleman-Nuevo Guerrero area about paying piso and who could operate in the area.

I do remember one situation where a narco by the AKA name of "El Coco" was killed in Comales.  He had kidnapped 3 gringos that were there to fish Sugar Lake out of that box car hoorhouse by the lake and train tracks, supposedly when he was way lit up, and was going to do something with them.  Luckily for them, he was intercepted by some other guys who were told by a big boss to not let the gringos get killed and was killed on the spot and the gringos were told to GTFO of Mex as quickly as they could via Roma and not to come back.  They had to send someone back to pick up the boat they had left in Comales.

In 00' or 01' an ex Mayor of Diaz Ordaz was taken from his house and disappeared.  The guy I am thinking about who was supposedly the big boss there had something to do with this, and it caused a dustup, and Mr. Forgethisname had to lay real low for a while.

For the most part that area of the border was pretty calm, especially Camargo where everyone knew what everyone else did and there was a lot of bad guy decency in play.  Camargo was the quietest and safest border town I ever worked or was around, it was so much better than RGC that I even lived in Camargo for a couple of years when I was young.

Prior to things going to hell there was a lot more

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

leChef
@RVG: Thanks for telling. Could the mayor you talked about actually have been former state police agent Armando Alvarado Gutierrez, who was kidnapped in 2002?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

RGV AG
Chef:

Sorry for the delayed response.  To answer your question, he very well might could have been.  But what I remember hearing was that it was a former mayor that had visitors to his home one night and he left with them to never return.   I want to say the wife made some public appeals and then went quiet for likely reasons.

Weren't there several Ministerial Police in the Diaz Ordaz area, and maybe even in Camargo, that disappeared or fled in that time frame?

Up until all the mayhem started the players in the area from Diaz Ordaz to Nuevo Guerrero had been about the same for years, and basically was a family enterprise and I believe most were tied in with the CDG in various shapes and fashions.  I do remember there being a killing(s) around 2004-5 of some of the tight associates of "El June" in the Comales-Camargo area and it might be that the Piojos took their places as I think by that time the whole organized bit of the Aerolitos was basically done, and I really think, and this is just personal opinion from being in that area, that the Aerolitos were done before that and that El June knew he was basically done.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

RGV AG
Chef:

One note, if I remember correctly wasn't there a video of a party seized and then made public after the raid on El June's place?  And that video incriminated a bunch of people in Tamaulipas, and in the Riberena area in particular.  A couple of Yarrington's top folks were seen in that deal.   I remember hearing that the reason that video went public was to take the CDG and Yarrington down several pegs, and it seems to have accomplished that.

I was working in Camargo at that time, before going to Diaz Ordaz, and in late 2001 and early 2002 was the first time I ever heard the phrase/name "Los Zetas".  I remember them being said to be camped out in Miguel Aleman, and due to the safety they stayed and were living in Camargo.  One time at lunch at a then famous restaurant in Camargo named "El Johnny" several guys at a table in a private section were pointed out to me and in a whisper I was told they were "Zetas", I know they openly carried guns which was really rare back then.
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

MX
Hello Tamaulipas peeps,

Does anyone have any info on Martiniano de Jesús Jaramillo Silva ("Pata de Queso"), the Zetas leader in San Fernando? He commands a major kidnapping ring in the region and recently kidnapped a Matamoros businessman who was from the Asociación Agrícola de Matamoros. This happened last Thursday. The story was reported in the local press, but the online article was quickly taken down and the print newspapers were retracted. I'm trying to wrap my head around this incident and understand who this guy is. Thanks.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

La Plata
He is old school Z, also known as Guero 73. Has strong links to San Fernando. Saw an article linking him to a number of murders as well Zeta leader “El Coyote” and the San Fernando massacre. That was from just a quick web search I’m sure there’s more board members with more informative information.
AKA El Plata

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Very quick update, "El Cobra", described as the head of operations for "El Pelochas" was killed in a shootout with the Grupo Especial de Fuerza Tamaulipas on Saturday, November 5.  With the power of "El Pelochas" waning, it is being said that the alliance of "El Panillo"/Matamoros has placed Carlos González Escobar, alias "Carlitos Whiskies", as their head of plaza in Río Bravo.  On a side note, the son of "El Cherry" Leal is said to be working for "El Pelochas".

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Char
Not sure if you guys have seen this photos but

That is commander Chiricuas m85 of the gulf cartel former boss of Aquiles Serdán sector and Miguel Alemán. Currently it is said that Chiricuas is at odds with his cousins La Mimi and La mierda m22.

Both Mimi and Mierda are brothers both control the Aquiles Serdán Sector.

Chiricuas is hiding in la Rivereña zone.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Char
#Tamaulipas
La enfermedad le ganó al #Zeta pata de queso Martiniano de Jesús Jaramillo Silva quien el fin de semana tuvo que salir de las norias su refugio y atenderse en un hospital en #SanFernando de donde era jefe regional, hoy detenido por @PoliciaFedMx

Information Via “Vigilante Huasteco”....
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

MX

Came here to report this myself. "Pata de Queso", a high-ranking member of Zetas Vieja Escuela, was arrested. This is the newspaper circulating in Matamoros this morning.

Do you all remember the kidnapping I reported a few weeks ago that he was involved in? The guy was released about a week and a half after he was abducted, but his family pulled some strings with the Mexican government to get him freed. I think the pressure against "Pata de Queso" got out of hand after he kidnapped the right guy.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Family pulled some strings to get him released??Amazing how much intelligence the Mex gov has when it wants to act BUT seems majority of crimes are never investigated.Why?They already know 'who did it.'Why is that?Because 'they' are probably involved.How?By getting 'their' cutThat's just my take on it.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

dcm90
Any news on X-20 whereabouts? Since his capture it seems he disappeared. Is he even in prison? Or out like el H?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Set to be extradited, as of earlier this year.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

An anecdote about Martiniano de Jesús Jaramillo Silva or El Pata de Queso, recently arrested, was that he appeared in the news back in 1998 when he was busted with 325 kilos of marijuana in Reynosa, with no other than Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano, before El Lazca became Z-3.

El Lazca was discharged, and did not defect, from GAFE two months after the incident.
1 ... 8283848586