Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Locked 1772 messages Options
1 ... 567891011 ... 89

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
I get my info off the VxT page. My other info comes of sources and from snooping cartel members FB pages. And regarding R1 I don't know if he's even in Tamauilpas anymore. It's most likely he was told to lay low by his superiors in the CDS after the his whole fiasco of uploading videos. I know there's still a few cells of Chapos people operating in Reynosa. That's why when there's incursions into Ciudad Victoria and they ride along the convoy use the triple X X X marking (which stands for the Gulf Cartel, CDS, and CT).

Also expect a new offensive by the Zs led by el Viejito, Ferrari, and el Dandy. Zs from across the country are being called back to Ciudad Victoria and Nuevo Laredo. Also joining the mix are Beltran-Leyva and Guererro Unidos gunmen. After the fall of z-40 his brother Z42 has taken over overseeing shipments in NuevoLaredo and Piedras Negras. The Nuevo Laredo(headed by viejito) faction will lead the offensive with support from the Ciudad Victoria(headed by ferrari), San Fernando(headed by dandy), and Mante(headed by el varo) factions. There's been some tension between the Ciudad Victoria Z and the Nuevo Laredo Z but z-42 has managed to keep the peace in tact. They've seen what's happened to the Gulf Cartel and they'd rather not head that direction. When the offensive will happen who knows that info is privileged for the actual cartel members.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
While the Milenio cartel will send material support since their tied down in Zacatecas and Michoacan.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
Some very informative posts as of late, this current CDG thread is quickly becoming another go to for current and past see CDG information. I will just go ahead and echo the thoughts of Itzli and let everyone know how much I appreciate everyone's contributions to the thread. I don't think you will find another site or book for that matter that has more up to date information on the CDG as what we have here. Great job let's keep up the good work.

@Itzli so what are your thoughts on Homero Cardenas Guillen? Do you believe that he is still alive? As much as I thought the rumors of his death were just that it is really starting to look like he may no longer be in the picture? I cannot see any way possible he would let this cleansing of veterans take place, especially when you consider how much money Mellado and Sierra were bringing in for the cartel. I couldn't agree with you more about Mellados association with Gringo and Puma causing issues with Los Metros. I was told that X20 always had an issue with Mellado and never fully trusted him. As far as Mellado and Los Metros it seemed to me that although he was considered a member of the faction I don't know that he ever sought out leadership of the group. It probably had to do with the fact that Los Metros is the most public faction of the CDG. Mellado being a low key behind the scenes type of narco probably didn't want to deal with all the attention being the leader off Los Metros would bring. Now that's just my personal theory. Does anyone know the history of one Juan Manuel Rodriguez Garcia AKA Juan Perros? I would assume he was a close associate of X-20 but does anyone have anything else on him?

@Itzli have you heard any information on El Tachas? Was it ever confirmed that he was arrested along with his brother El Simple? He was just about the only veteran CDG member that I could think of that may still possibly be active. Do you know anything about this El Gafe? I have been following the cartels of Tamaulipas for five years now and I can't say that I ever remember hearing he's name mentioned before.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
I'm not sure why Gafe wasn't cleansed. He's a old school member. He joined right after metro 4 joined the CDG, which was 2001. Gafe and Cherrys Leal have had their problems before I know that much. They both came into the game during the same time and have always had their differences.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
Also Sierras people are still bringing in a lot of money. Sierras faction is headed by his brother, don't remember his name tho. They don't hold as much sway as they use to since Sierras locked up.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

adam3

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I believe Homero Cardenas Guillen is more likely dead than alive. It was on Valor por Tamaulipas that I read the rumor about his death and the information coming out was that he had a medical issue since November. Eventually it clicked that was when Los Metros tried to take over Matamoros. So in my mind, that made the reinforced the truthfulness of the rumor. Throw in the rumor of the Ciclones investigation in Reynosa, which was such an odd detail I doubted someone would just randomly make up. Some speculation was that he faked his death, but I see more negatives than positives in him doing so. Like I said, put it all together and I think he is probably dead, by now rumors should have emerged if he was not and even if I am wrong, I think Matamoros is too weak to get involved in the affairs of Los Metros.

A minor point about Mellado and leadership of Los Metros. That was an old rumor, not sure if it was true, but even if so it may be possible that his name was proposed by some members of Los Metros and not so much that he actively sought out the leadership.

The only thing I know about Juan Perros is that he was the plaza head of Rio Bravo and rumored to have been head of sicarios under X-20. He seams to be a bit under the radar even though he is obviously ambitious.

I have not heard too much about El Tachas, though it seems that he was not arrested along with El Simple. The posts mentioned him as the sector commander for Cumbres, so I assume he is free and active.

As far as El Gafe, I read some rumors that he was Paquito's second in command, so surprising to see him take over, though if the rumor is true that he was a bodyguard of M4 that may explain why he is allowed such a prominent position.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
More Information on the Fight in Tampico

From Valor por Tamulipas:

"Today information spread about the arrest of Ivan Chao Yañez alias El Wasón, a plaza head of the Gulf Cartel in Tampico.

He was arrested this week in the International Airport of Mexico City while arriving to the capital of the Mexican republic.

Reports indicated that El Guasón along with El Chive command a faction of the CDG that disputes against people of El Sheyla for the control of Tampico along with all of its metropolitan zone of Madero and Altamira.

Betrayals Within the Own Group

For over a month since the conflicts within the CDG began, the differences within the group began to surge.  Some sources point to a betrayal.

The testimonies of those who now prefer to enter the "Program of Protected Witnesses" with the end of obtaining favorable sentences, refers clearly that the current fight is result of the animosity stirred up by El Flaco Montes, brother of Sierra, ex-capo of the CDG who was arrested and whom reclaims through him innumerable properties and money that the faction led by El Guason and El Chive, loyal to Javier Garza Medrano, El 14, refuses to recognize.  On the other extreme is El Sheyla, who is supporting Flaco Montes who receives support from the brothers K10 and K31 originally from Matamoros and who in addition remain extremely adept, as it has been leaked that the people of El Wicho, Luis Kadur, are about to betray Guason so that once detained, the group of El Flaco Montes ascends to power.

This same Wicho, who forms an important part of the criminal leadership, is responsible for the homicide of Raul Aguilar Bustamante, son of famed constructor in the area, who was massacred on orders of El Whicho in the restaurant club El Callejon de los Milagros.

The current dispute has generate an innumerous amount of deaths and loss of millions of materials in the gangs of El Guason and El Chive, in an effort of the group of El Sheyla and El Flaco Montes to destroy that which they refuse to recognize and what is property of his brother, generating the greatest criminal confrontation in the area in recent times supported by this complicity of those hunted as businessmen are taking part."

My Thoughts
If this information is, in fact, true, it adds an interesting wrinkle into the whole situation. While previous information has presented the violence as a fight for the plaza between El Chive and El Sheyla, it now seems that El Sheyla is, instead, working on behalf of El Sierra's brother, El Flaco Montes, backed by K10 and K31.

It is worth looking back at my own post from March entitled Internal War Brewing Within CDG Sur?:
Juan Gabriel Montes Sermeño aka "El Sierra" and "Gaby Montes" used to be in charge of southern Tamaulipas. He was arrested in September 2012 in Jalisco. It is implied here that he is still sending orders from the Altiplano prison to his underlings. Among those under him are "K10" and "K31/El Viejo Gay" Tijerina who have failed to confront K14's cell, as well as Luis "K23/El Bisquetin" Kadur and Jorge "K29" Garza, who are currently fighting for control of Tampico for "El Sierra's" cell.

The situation has spiraled since the arrest of K14 and there seems to be no end in sight, though the rumors of El Guason being betrayed may mean that Los Jimmys may be starting to crack.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Maddy

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
Wow, very interesting recent developments. Thanks for the reply Itzli. So did you ever come to a conclusion on which side the Metros are supporting? I believe I read last night that the rest of the CDG (Ciclones?) (Metros?)were tired of El Sheyla and would soon step in and wipe out Los Dragones. For some reason I cannot find the website where this was posted. As much as I thought the rumors were total bullshit regarding Homero I am coming to the same conclusion. I wonder if Liliana Cardenas Guillen will take over Homero's operations?

Castle92 From talking to some sources who are usually well informed about what's going on in Tamaulipas, I was basically told the same thing about another cartel making a play for CDG plazas. I believe law enforcement along the border is on high alert. Anyone who follows the border wars can see that The CDG is making themselves extremely vulnerable and I could totally see Los Zetas making a major push for Reynosa or Matamoros. Z42 has been extremely quiet since taking over the cartel and I'm sure he wants to show his power and step out of the shadow of his brother. What better way then by taking an important plaza from the cartel that created them. It would also go a long ways in reuniting the N.L. Z's with the C.V. Z's who have been at odds since Z40 went down. I saw the Z bosses you listed but I noticed Ricky Santillian's name was left off the list. Just wondering why? I always hear about how important he is to the Z. I believe he was responsible for the killing of the police commander in Victoria last week and is always mentioned in mantas.

 One more quick question to anyone out there, does anybody know the reason why the CDG uses the number 50-50 or what it stands for?
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
With the old guard out of the way, does this open the possibility to a CDG/Z truce???

Also..."El Flako/Flaco" has a few corridos on youtube...I stumbled across them messing around on day...

Cherrys Leal believe it or not operates all across the country. He's been operating in Colima. While the Metros operate in Colima the Ciclones operate in Jalisco. This leads me to believe the Metros either have a truce with Hector Beltran(BLO has the strongest presence there) in Colima or Colima is neutral territory between the CDG/Z/BLO/CT/CDS/LFM. On the other hand the Ciclones have a truce with CJNG in Jalisco.

Ricky Santillan fucked up. He tried to betray el Varo. I had confused Ricky Santillan with another Z member who was in charge of bringing in shipments from Veracruz. I gave more credit to Ricky Santillan than he deserved. I'm not sure what Ricky Santillans status is right now. He could have just been giving a disciplina.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
Also the reason Ricky Santillan is always mentioned is because him and Dandy were responsible for Mante while Varo Puga was locked up. And ricky santillan was the one who was responsible for extortion, robberies of trailers, and kidnappings in Mante and the surrounding pueblitos. He's the one, along with dandy, who around 2 months ago lead the incursion into Altamira which resulted in the death of 30+Dragones. Emboscaron a la gente de Sheyla en un rancho de Altamira.

Now that Varo is out he's back in Mante while Dandy was sent to San Fernando. San Fernando is a peculiar situation since every week the ownership of the north of that plaza changes frequently from Z to CDG then back to Z. The Zs are entrenched in the southern part of that plaza but the northern part is always in dispute.

Also huge explosion in Reynosa. This happened in la Cima neighborhood that's under control of polimenso. The government is saying it's an accident but i doubt. This by far is the biggest explosion up to this point in the cartel wars. This is definitely gonna heat up the plaza more. Government and media is trying to downplay it but man shit's crazy.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
They're trying to pass it off as a "gas explosion" but I'm inclined to believe foul play is involved.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
I'd also like to chip in that the offensive will most likely take place in in Miguel Aleman and Soto La Marina. Right now is a prime time for the Z's to take over Soto La Marina and Miguel Aleman. They'll use Ciudad Victoria as a springboard into Soto la Marina and Mier as a springboard into Miguel Aleman.  If they manage to take over Soto la Marina they'll be able to cut off CDG Metro/Ciclones from the CDG Tampico. If so I won't be surprised if they launch all out offensive into Altamira then Tampico after Soto la Marina. Also in play are the Zs from Veracruz. The CDG is too entrenched in Reynosa and Matamoros for them to take over those cities.

The CDG are shooting themselves in the foot right now in Reynosa and Tampico. The Zs are just waiting for them to stop fighting and once weak they'll come in for the kill.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Cosmic Gate
So with all this going on with metros. Whats going on with ciclones? Who are the main players there? Names? We hear all these different comandantes what about with the matamoros faction? And how come they don't have infighting like the metro faction? I am very curious. Thank you

From the looks of the pictures That explosion caused some serious damage. The CDG has been known in the past to use car bombs, this was a favorite tactic of El Gringo. So that kind of move wouldn't be unprecedented. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. I agree with your thoughts about a Zetas offensive. I also heard from someone last week that a group within the CDG was considering breaking away and forming a splinter group or alliance with members of Los Zetas who were unsatisfied with Z42's leadership. It's a rumor I have heard more then once. I know Nosa is probably the last city the Z would try to takeover as the CDG has always run the streets there. I mainly mentioned Nosa because of the recent uptick in violence and Matamoros because the Ciclones faction is in disarray. If Homero really is out of the picture like we think then It effects the Ciclones faction more than most people realize. Homero not only brought immediate family but also a long list of close associates from his brothers Osiel and Tony Storm into the faction. As far leadership of Los Ciclones I believe Ciclone7 is considered the top dog. I have also heard from a few different sources that Juan Garcia Abrego's grandson is a Important Comandante with Los Ciclones. I will be the first to admit that I don't have a lot of information on Los Ciclones members. I will ask around and see what I can come up with.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I only heard one comment mentioning Los Metros support El Chive and Los Jimmys. It might be weak logic, but I was somewhat inclined to that version due to Comandante Jimmy having some sort of connection to Reynosa. With the new information, it seems like most of the old guard in Tampico is supporting El Sheyla and the fact that the old guard had support from Matamoros in my mind increases the likely hood that El Chive is being supported by Los Metros.

I have no information on it, but my gut says Liliana took over operations along with some Cardenas Guillen sons and/or nephews.
1 ... 567891011 ... 89