Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Locked 1772 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 89

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ENDTHEWAR
why do so many narcos rock aeropostale? I find it hilarious....these hardcore guys wearing 8th grader clothes.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Great info, looking like I was wrong in thinking there might be two different people with the alias "El Chuma". However, it looks like there is a post in direct reply on Valor por Tamualipas Facebook to this article:

The truth is that the media is pulling a bait and switch, they publish the killing of "the 2nd in command of Los Z" in Reynosa, when this guy "Mellado" was of the CDG and with a relationship with the faction of Ribereña. Also they arrested El Chuma of Miguel Aleman, another of the CDG and indirect rivals for the control of Reynosa, at the very least he represented for the CDG of Rio Bravo and the faction of El Gafe, who are to whom they gave the plaza.

For what it looks like there is a strategy of forcing replacements of heads of plazas and regions with increasing frequency. This has pros and cons for the citizens, immediately it represents more frequent risks, on the long term it could signify a collapse, that would affect the criminal groups economically, while they continue to affect in an operative form and not economically, the only thing that we see is the replacement of criminals with younger people, with people from other states or Central America.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
Thanks to everyone for the kinds words. I do have some more information and I'll try to condense it and post later. A couple quick notes. As others have already stated it is looking more and more likely Mellado was set up from inside the cartel. This seems to be happening more and more lately. It was K14 a few months ago and now Mellado both being long time veteran members. It's looking more and more likely an all out war could be coming to Tamaulipas. Don't be surprised to see alliances with old rivals and possibly even a splinter group form. I know we all keep reading about how the all mighty Matamoros faction is letting the other factions fight it out but that's bullshit, the Moros faction has taken a beating just like the others. They have taken major hits and set-backs, if they could they would have stepped into both the Tampico and Reynosa drama right away.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Blog Posts About "Chuma"

Here is a translation of three posts from another blog. Not sure how reliable the information is, but thought it was worth mentioning:

El Chuma's name is Pedro Luis and he was Z, when he lived in Laredo

Now he was CDG and was in Miguel Aleman how good it is that they got him one criminal less and the support ended that he got from Z-9 or El Mellado who was his godfather let's see now who will defend the idiot he will rot in jail he will pay for everything he did

They say in Miguel Aleman that the ones that snitched on El Goyis and El Chuma were the TOÑOS that were in charge of the wars (or possibly Los Guerras) before who want to end with the CDG of Miguel Aleman and who are the ones that go about in the edges of the river that send grass to scare the city and blame Los Z I believe that these toños are the one that had the power and robbed even their fellow Golfos and now are relaxed with the marines BUT IDIOTS THOSE OF THE CDG KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE IN THE VALLEY OF TX AND DO NOT KILL THEM ----- WATCH OUT IDIOTS IF THEY DO NOT DO ANYTHING THEY WILL NOT LAST IN THE PLAZA OF METRO ALFA MAN UP DON'T BE IDIOTS -----

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
CDG Ribereña Faction

Earlier in this thread I posted a map I created with the aliases of the Gulf Cartel members from the new most wanted list and their corresponding municipality. Based upon a map on Valor por Tamaulipas, I subdivided the members into their corresponding factions. What was interesting was that Valor por Tamaulipas mentioned the faction of CDG Ribereña, which I had never heard of before. I do not have too much information and could use some help (if you know or can find out anything El Plata it would be great), but I would like to share some thoughts I have concerning this group.

The Valor por Tamualipas map shows four municipalities being part of the CDG Ribereña faction: Diaz Ordaz, Camargo, Miguel Aleman, Mier, and Los Guerra.

In the article mentioning the twelve most wanted, it says:
Entre estos se encuentran identificados como líderes de plaza Juan Carlos de la Cruz Moctezuma, alias El Chuma, quien controla las operaciones en el municipio de Miguel Alemán; José Ismael Mendoza Falcón, alias Polimenso, quien domina la llamada Frontera Chica;.... También son jefes de plaza del CDG José Antonio Romo López, alias La Hamburguesa, en Ciudad Mier;....
While not explicitly stated, I took the statement that Polimenso dominates the so called Frontera Chica to mean he was likely in charge of Diaz Ordaz and Camargo.

On the Valor por Tamualipas Facebook post I cited, it said that El Mellado had a relationship with the Ribereña faction. This makes sense for two reasons: 1. La Hamburguesa, as I pointed out before, has been mentioned in relation to El Mellado and 2. El Chuma is being mentioned as the right hand of El Mellado.

I have mentioned before that it was posted about the alleged conflict for leadership of Los Metros following the arrest of X-20, with some supporting El Mellado (el paquito, el toro, los piojos, el panochas and el boludo), though hesitation due to his past led others to support Juan Perros instead.

Keep in mind, this is just my own speculation, but could it be that the Ribereña faction is members of Los Metros who supported El Mellado for leadership and broke away instead of supporting Juan Perros? If so, then El Mellado was likely the top leader of this faction. Once again, speculation, but could the split not have led to immediate war and Reynosa became a municipality split by the two factions, as Paquito is said to be plaza head, but the map shows Reynosa as part of Los Metros faction. If this was the case, then the fighting in Reynosa may be looked at differently. It would mean that El Toro and Polimenso switched allegiances, defecting from Ribereña faction back to Los Metros and joined with Juan Perros to take out Paquito, who is a Ribereña faction loyalist. If this is the case, the death of El Mellado and arrest of El Chuma would mean that the Ribereña faction has been severely weakened and fighting may spread from Reynosa into the Frontera Chica in the near future.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Comandante Puma used to control this area with support from El Gringo who held co-leadership of Reynosa with X20 at that time...

The CDS letter to CDG mentions this as well..

"The alliance with the federation continues with Gringo from Reynosa and the Ribereña with El Puma."

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

adam3

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

adam3

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Tampico Update: Infighting Within Los Jimmys?
According to Valor por Tamualipas in the article "El Chive" manda quemar "Maxicarnes" en Tampico:

Around 10:30 PM on Tuesday fires were registered in different points of Tampico.

In Francita and Privada Cuernavaca on the side of the Beneficencia Española they burned a house, according to informants, this house is of a Morán, owner of the locations that they just burned or house of the parents.

These owners are the parents of the pig of the alderman Javier Moran, this guy is a tricky pig. For sure he was charging the bad guys because he played crooked.

Luis Manuel Kadoer Ponce one of the allies of Comandante Wuason also suffered an attack on the part of Comandante Chive alias J2  this wave of violence is because now Comandante Chive wants to take sole control of the plaza of Tampico, he has betrayed his hand Wuason Ivan Chao Llanes who was detained in the airport of Mexico we hope he does not betrayed his closest allies,what Comandante Chive sent to do to Luis Manuel alias Visketin or Canas was burn the business of his father the Maxicarnes de faja oro.

Luis Manuel Kadoer Ponce alias Visquetin or Canas is enraged, he does not know what Comandante Chive code J2 did, who does not know that Visketin is the nephew of the ex president Turrubiates of Ciudad Madero who can ask for help from the government.  Visquetin supposedly is a businessman and moves about in the government of Madero but the truthful reality is that he is a criminal, he is the accountant of Guason and the second ally of El Visketin, he is in charge of government arrangements, charges all the transportation fees of the cities of Madero, Tampico, and Altamira and the charging of the construction businesses and to set up the big businessmen to be kidnapped. He is the intellectual author of the kidnapping of the daughter of Carlos Vela who escaped them thanks to God. If you know him denounce him he is a businessman he is a criminal to the citizens.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
I was doing some research and I came across a supposed picture of Arturo Garza Trevino better known as El Sheila/Sheyla jefe de Los Dragones faction of the CDG. Comandante Sheila is currently battling Los Jimmys and Los Camellos for control of Tampico and the CDG Sur. I found the picture on Valor por Tamaulipas.

I am also hearing of recent narco-mantas signed by Los Dragones claiming that the opposition of Los Jimmys and Camellos are targeting Dragones innocent family members. Los Dragones go onto threaten their new rivals telling them to leave families out of the struggle. I have not seen it personally but I was told Los Jimmys and their support were quick to respond. Their manta claimed they were being supported by more powerful CDG factions and that Grupo Dragones were going to be dealt with and wiped out very soon.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
here's a quick translation of some info.

"this is how the organization is left.. juan perros leader of the cartel. his 2nd command is his brother-in-law commander german.. in reynosa gafe is left in charge of the plaza (old school bodyguard of m4 whos dead), in the downtown is chiricuas, in the neighborhoods las cumbres is tachas, in the neighborhoods of lomal real/san valentin/bugambilias/fresnos there is el toro and salinas aka m32... in camargo tamaulipas el panochitas, in diaz ordaz and valadeces tamaulipas there is  c2 aka el junior cortez, in miguel aleman tamaulipas its unknown due to the death of mellado and capture of chumas,.. other commanders are el guero deofaz, el guero jessi, el hamburguesa, el boludo amongst others, all of these are under the orders of gafe due to being in close proximity of reynosa... those who were removed was paco (until a few weeks ago jefe of the reynosa plaza) also vampiro, erick, picol, chumon aka m50, balin, and recently el mellado killed by military in reynosa (it all looks like it was also a strategy to take out mellado from the picture), a few weeks ago el simple aka m24 was captured (brother of tachas real name lupe leal), and a few days ago pelon aka h7 was killed (members of one of the first groups who entered reynosa when el Hummer was in charge, called the halcones and was cousin of simple and tachas) it looks like they started to replace the older leaders of the cartel since between them,and on the otherhand the goverment, have killed themselves"

so mellado was betrayed and the newer CDG members did a sweep of the old school CDG... seems like things have cooled down in reynosa..so they got rid of the leaders who have brought so much infighting between the metros. maybe the metros will finally go into tampico to support chive aka j2. only time will

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
also suppposedely 2nd of command in reynosa after Gafe is polimenso who's in charge of la cima and valle alto neighborhoods.... so i guess frontera chica is under somebody elses commando since polimenso has been relocated to reynosa.

what a lot of ppl don't understand is reynosa is a huge city spread out.. it has a lot of comandantes because of that and because there's still Zs operating there in human smuggling and kidnapping also extortion. so they try to keep it on lock as much as they can but they can only do so much.

also looks like the Riberena faction is basically a metros faction in reality

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
also it's been reported paco aka paquito fled to texas...and the CTs who sought refuge in reynosa were divided. some were absorbed by the older cdg leaders but most of them were absorbed by the new generation leaders..there's a lot of tension right now between the CTs and metros because the CTs followed a different modus operandi and the metros ain't to fond of that..

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
i remember how i said how a lot of CT have been absored into the gulf cartel.. well there seems to be some tension.. looks like the ex-CTs started to fuck things up in reynosa after seeking refuge there. they supposdely started to extort in places they weren't suppose.

also SIMPLE was betrayed by erick the cousin of paquito aka paco.. hence the sweep of paquito and his people

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

1992dude
also after going through a lot CDG metros/ciclones/etc pages looks like R1 is alive and well working for the CDS..

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

adam3

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

adam3

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
@Castle92 would it be possible to post the original text in Spanish? Or let me know a link of where to find the most recent information you posted? I would like to clean up the translation.

I said it a few days ago and it is along the lines of the information I was gathering. It seems the new generation CDG is doing a cleaning of their ranks of the old guard. K14 a few months ago. His position was given up by someone with knowledge of his day-to-day operations most likely another cartel member. The same can be said about Mellado. His position was given up to cleanse the CDG of its old guard. I don't know that there are any veterans left. Was it confirmed that Tachas went down with his brother simple?

@Castle92 where did you get your R1 information? I have not seen anything posted about him since the Sinaloa/CDG letter. It is possible that he is still kicking but the more time goes by I get the feeling he is dead. If he were working for CDS I would have thought we would have heard something by now, especially with Chapo's capture and other high ranking members going down. It was said that he was controlling Tamaulipas for CDS but that was over a year ago and since then nothing. I will say that R1 had strong ties to Central and South American cocaine suppliers so maybe he is in another country like Guatemala running cartel operations.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
After checking out Valor por Tamaulipas, and A few other sites it does look like Juan Manuel Rodríguez Garcia "Juan Perros" is indeed the supreme leader of the CDG. I will see what information I can gather as to why he is forcing out the old guard of the CDG. I would be willing to bet that his reasoning is along the lines of why X20 started killing other CDG members/factions. Anyone who could possibly challenge his authority as top dog was killed and I bet Juan Perros is doing the same thing. He wants absolute power and complete control. What Juan Perros is not considering is jut how vulnerable the CDG has become. If I am Los Zetas or Mayos/Azuls CDS I would be strongly be considering an all out offensive for control of Tamaulipas. I would not be shocked to see Z42 try o take over some CDG plazas.

On another note I guess this does mean that Homero Cárdenas Guillén El Majadero is most likely dead.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
I would like to begin by saying how much I appreciate everyone posting.  To be honest, there was a point in which I almost stopped posting on this thread because I felt it was just an echo chamber.  How things have changed.  There have been several times now in which I got on to post something and found someone had already translated the article I planned to do or posted thoughts similar to what I would have posted.  It is great that there is so much contribution and discussion in such a positive fashion.  With that said, on to the actual post:

Revised Thoughts on Los Metros and the Ribereña Faction
With a new Valor por Tamualipas post, a translation of which has already been posted by castle92, it is increasingly seeming that my earlier speculation may be correct.  It appears that Juan Perros took over leadership of Los Metros following the arrest of X-20.

I still question when the Ribereña Faction first emerged, whether it predated the leadership of Juan Perros, or emerged following Mellado being passed over for leadership, but regardless this does seem to have been led by Mellado from the beginning and can be looked at as a splinter group of Los Metros.  While it was posted that Mellado did not receive leadership of Los Metros because of his past membership within Los Zetas, there are a couple other factors that I think contributed.  Mellado was close to El Gringo and El Puma.  In light of X-20 having them killed, I believe it was likely that some members of Los Metros felt uncomfortable with a Mellado leadership due to that association.  Also, it is increasingly obvious that there is a changing of the guard with older members being replaced by newer.  Mellado is of the old guard and new blood likely wanted one of their own, i.e. Juan Perros.   It is obvious that Mellado and his allies were tolerated for months, but for whatever the reason, the arrest of El Simple triggered a purge.

The New Structure of Los Metros
There is no need for me to repost the translation of the Valor por Tamaulipas post, but to simplify, here is an overview of the structure of Los Metros that has emerged in recent weeks:

Leadership:
Juan Manuel "Juan Perros" Rodríguez García- overall leader of Los Metros
"Aleman"- second in command of Los Metros and brother-in-law of "Juan Perros"

Plaza Heads:
"El Gafe"- Reynosa, former bodyguard of Metro 4
"El Panochitas"- Camargo
Valadeces "C2/Junior Cortez" Ortegón- Diaz Ordaz

Sector Commanders in Reynosa:
"El Chiricuas/M85"- Centro
Guadalupe "El Tachas/Metro 17" Leal Flores- Las Cumbres
"El Toro"- colonias of Fresnos, San Valentin, Loma Real, Bugambilias, and Ventura
Metro 32- Salinas
"El Güero Cleofaz"

Other Commanders, Likely Reynosa Sector Commanders:
"El Güero Jessi"
"El Boludo"
 José Antonio " La Hamburguesa" Romo López is listed and possibly reassigned from Ciudad Mier, but his association with Mellado makes me skeptical.

Reynosa Sector Commanders, Status Unkown:
"Tapon/Metro 68"
"Bravo"
 Sergio "Cortez/C1" Ortegón Silva

Eliminated:
Galdino “El Mellado” Mellado Cruz- likely leader of La Ribereña Faction, killed
Paco "Paquito/Metro 77"- plaza head of Reynosa, said to have fled
Erick "El Mono" Torres- Reynosa sector commander, killed
"El Picol"- Reynosa sector commander, said to have been killed
"El Vampiro"- Reynosa sector commander, said to have been killed
"El Chumon/Metro 50"
"El Balin"
"El Pelon/H7"- said to have been killed

Thoughts for the Future
It is obvious that Juan Perros is consoladating power, removing old guard leadership and replacing with his own allies.  With the death of Mellado, it will be interesting to see if Juan Perros will merely take over La Ribereña or if resistance will emerge.  The status of Los Talibanes in all this is unclear.  They were obviously aligned with Los Metros, but I am curious how they feel about the recent changes.  Then there is the Matamoros Faction.  Hindsight shows that there was an incursion of Los Metros following the medical setback of Homero last November.  Was there a truce reached?  It does not matter in a way, once Juan Perros consolidates power further I would not be surprised if he sets his sights on Matamoros...
1 ... 45678910 ... 89