Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Locked 1772 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 89

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El Plata
WOW, if Mellado was really killed that is major news. He was one of the original Zeta members and also went by Z9. When the Zetas split from the CDG he went with the Gulf. Had he not been a original Zeta he would have been named the supreme leader of the CDG instead of X-20. I know for a fact that many CDG members supported him being named boss. The only thing that held him back was his Zeta roots. He was a very important high ranking member for a long time now. He was also a absolute pro at staying low key and that's what helped him last for 15 plus years. I have been researching the CDG for a few years now and Its just about impossible to find any credible info on Mellado after the CDG/Z split. I have been told by numerous people that he moves major weight but is a ghost. If true this is a major loss for the CDG and it's a lock to create more infighting. I'm going to do some digging on this.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Bjeff
According to Mateo's testimony, Mellado's clave was Z11-HK45. Big news if he is dead though. Not many original zetas out there anymore.

I am pretty sure it's always been Z-9. The confusion lies in Commandante Mateos testimony calling him Z-11. I did some digging, talked to some people and I found a good bit of information. He didn't like the Z-9 clave ever and always went by the moniker Mellado. After the split with Los Zetas he was given the clave of M-10 or Metro 10 but just went by 10. This guy yielded a lot of power but at the same time he was also extremely secretive. He had strong ties to Los Talibans and was always close with 50. He played a pivotal role in 50 switching back to the CDG. At one point he controlled the state of Coahuila for the cartel before being pushed out by the Z. He had strong ties to San Louis Potosi and used his Colombian contacts to import cocaine using the ports. I think he is always had a presence in Reynosa. I could be wrong but I believe he was working with Talibans people in Reynosa. El Hamburguesa was his right hand man before making a name for himself. Everyone I talked to really didn't know a lot about him they all talked about how secretive he was. This is obviously a rumor but I've heard from a few different sources that Mellado was the infamous Rey-De-Reyes of El Diablo fame. It's obviously just a rumor but interesting nonetheless. This is a major loss for the CDG this guy was a major player he was as important as M3, R1, Or X20 he was just so secretive that people didn't know anything about him or his role. Speaking of X20 I was told that X20 never trusted Mellado and always suspected him of still being linked to the Z he tried to take him out at one point but Mellado had so much clout and power he couldn't touch him. Mellado was very highly respected amongst cartel members he was known as being fair and was widely considered an unofficial leader everyone knew the only thing holding him back was his past ties to Los Zetas. I am personally quite shocked he was killed I think it was a fluke, or they just got lucky finding him. They probably didn't even realize who they had in their midst until much later. Mellado was just about the only guy still around who had intimate knowledge of the origins of Los Zetas. I can't even imagine all of the questions he could have answered. I guarantee that his killing leads to major cartel infighting. It might even lead to a major fracture within the cartel especially if his people believe he was set up from within.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ENDTHEWAR
El Plata you always floor me with your knowledge and I apprreciate you sharing it with us!

The rumor of mellado being Eldiablo....would that be the el diablo with all the videos out? the one who got his family killed by zetas on tape? just curious.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Bjeff
@El Plata: Sorry, it was actually Z-2 or Alejandro Lucio Morales Betancourts testimony as protected witness "Yeraldin" who provided the clave for El Mellado to the authorities, and his full radio key was actually Z11-HK45.

Z-9 was Raúl Alberto Trejo Benavides or El Alvin who was killed in 2003 when they kidnapped Dionisio Román AKA el Chacho.

I wonder what happened to that El Diablo character?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Nice to see you posting again El Plata, it's been a little while. I always enjoy what you have to say, especially because it is obvious your sources are very different than mine. Any time you can contribute I feel that the level of discussion is enhanced.

Thoughts on the Alleged Killing of "El Mellado"
Great job guys on beating me to the punch on this story, so no need for me to repeat the information, but I wanted to share a few thoughts. It is interesting that his death was reported by The Monitor. Valor por Tamaulipas reported it after the fact, but merely referred to that article. I have not seen any mention of his death on the Valor por Tamualipas Facebook page. Now that does not mean we should inherently doubt that he could have been killed, but it is worth noting.

It is also worth refreshing everyone's memory of some old rumors back after X-20 was arrested, on Valor por Tamualipas it was being said that "Juan Perros" was taking over Los Metros, though there was some support for "El Mellado". Among those who initially were said to support "El Mellado" for leadership was "Paquito". It was said that he would probably pay the consequences for supporting the wrong person. In that regards, what is occurring in Reynosa might be looked at as a product of the fight for leadership of Los Metros between "Juan Perros" and "El Mellado", and if the death of "El Mellado" is true, it may turn out that his location was given by forces supporting "Juan Perros".

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
It is being reported that a Tamualipas government official who wished to remain anonymous has confirmed the death of "El Mellado". Valor por Tamualipas is reporting that Jesús María "Chuma" Molina, described as the right hand of "El Mellado", was arrested on Sunday.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
This is bad news for CDG! Metro infighting is destroying the entire cartel.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
You'd think they put all the bullshit aside and focus on making money

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

So its Metros vs Metros, Metros vs Lobos, Scorpions, and Kaibiles? Metros were strong. If Mellado was as good as they say losing him is a HUGE loss to CDG. If they could only put their differences aside they could push for the top spot again. Perhaps to weak now even if that happened for them to make many moves in the whole of the country.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
This post was updated on .
Based on all the events, it's basically Metros vs every other CDG faction, including other Metro factions.....Basically, the Metros want total control of CDG, but the Metros are fighting amongst themselves for total control of their own faction!

Thanks to Itzli's information gathering, it appears that El Mellado was supported by those loyal to Comandante Paquito who is fighting for control of the Reynosa plaza against those loyal to "Juan Perros" and "Comandante Polimenso". Based on Mellado's killing and his right hand getting busted a day later, it looks like Juan Perros' forces are winning the battle...

The Matamoros faction (Ciclones) seems to be letting the Metros battle it out on their own in Reynosa and CDG Sur is still seeing a battle for control of the key port of Tampico (El Sheila vs Los Jimmy)...Sheila has the backing of Matamoros (and possible El Coss from prison) while Los Jimmy are receiving support via Comandante Cortez of Los Metros.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Itzli,

Your mainboard post about El Chuma lists a different name:

Juan Carlos de la Cruz Moctezuma "El Chuma" - Miguel Alemán

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/04/tamaulipas-news-and-information.html

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
Why doesn't the matamoros faction wipe out the other troubled areas?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Metros faction is the most battle tested as they have been on the front lines fighting the Z for a few years now...

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Great job on the reply ToPHeR! I started reading 303's post and outlining a reply in my own mind and then I read yours and you covered everything I would have said and more.

I tentatively believe there to be two different members of Los Metros with the alias "El Chuma". Jesús María "Chuma" Molina, who was arrested and was the right hand of "El Mellado", and Juan Carlos "El Chuma" de la Cruz Moctezuma, who is a plaza boss. Theoretically, they could be the same individual, with one of the names being a false alias, but unless I hear otherwise I think it is more likely they are two separate people.

Fyi, I don't think it merits a post yet but being said on Valor por Tamaulipa's Facebook page that there was an incursion into Laredo that took out at least 30 Zetas, speculation was that it was CDG members. With all the chaos in Los Metros, I would be surprised if this was the case but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
That's the million dollar question. I believe it is because Matamoros faction is a bit on the weak side as far as offensive capability, therefore they do not have the ability to impose their will on Los Metros. But I may be wrong, that's just the impression I get.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

El"H"
u mean to tell me with all this fighting a cdg faction still went into N laredo and somehow managed to kill 30 Zs lol,sounds like bullshit to me.

Nuevo Laredo is probably the most locked down city in mex

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Bjeff
@Itzli:

Commissioner National Security, Monte Alejandro Rubido confirmed death in Tamaulipas Galdino Mellardo Cruz, alleged founder cartel "Los Zetas" and the arrest of his deputy command on different facts. In a message to the media, said Galdino Mellardo "was regarded as second in command of a criminal group operating in the border area and a founding member of another group." noted that the subject is related to at least 13 previous murder, extortion and drug trafficking and weapons inquiries. Rubido said the Criminal Investigation Agency PGR conducted specialized studies for positive identification of the subject, 41 years old, killed after heavy clashes with federal forces the Reynosa last Friday. added that following investigations, on Saturday stopped Ricardo "N" or Pedro "N" alleged second in command of Mellardo, who was allegedly regional chief plaza in Miguel Aleman.

Most definitely Jesús María "Chuma" Molina, who was plaza boss in Miguel Aleman.

Here is his picture:

Source:
http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2014/527578/6/confirman-abatimiento-de-fundador-de-los-zetas.htm

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Bjeff
Here is another picture of El Mellado I believe

However, in this article they talk about apprehending Ricardo Flores Lopez and Teodoro Luis Hernández Campos, identified as the second in command of Mellado Cruz and regional chief of the town plaza of Miguel Aleman.

Source:
http://www.narcoviolencia.info/2014/05/confirman-muerte-de-un-fundador-de-los.html

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Bjeff