Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

El_Bujo
According to US sources, El Contador might be released due to COVID concerns..
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
Thanks for the info on Chuy Lavadas.

Mainboard post is up. I added a some background info too.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/06/regional-gulf-cartel-boss-chuy-lavadas.html

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

@El Bujo:

If the legal maneuvers continue in the coming weeks, José Alfredo “El Contador” Cárdenas Martínez could be released due to a possible ruling by the Fourth Collegiate Circuit Court of the Tenth Region Auxiliary Center based in Saltillo, Coahuila. El Contador has been in state and federal prisons since his arrest in March 2019 in a kidnapping case in Tamaulipas.

Court documents show that although no final decisions have been made for case 1127/2019, on June 2, the judges ruled that El Contador's initial arrest was illegal. On June 3, the judges sent a notice to all federal prosecutors asking if there were any pending cases or arrest warrants. The feared drug trafficker has pending kidnapping and robbery charges in Tamaulipas. He could also face charges in Texas.

The Coahuila court was conducting a review of an amparo that Cárdenas Martínez's attorneys previously sought and lost, claiming that his arrest had been illegal. The three judges are Cecilia Sorinao Alvarado, Carlos Aldo Vargas Eriarte and Emilio Enríquez Pedroza Montes.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

El_Bujo
Ahh, thank you for clarifying. I thought for some reason he was already extradited. Sounds like the current US sources are assuming it’s COVID; the biggest source being one that rhymes with FrightFart *cough*

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Here is a picture of Chuy Lavadas when he was running with L98

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Itzli
@MX did you ever get my e-mail with the full story on that Matamoros deal?  No rush in replying, just curious if you ever got it.

It would seem that "El Contador" has a knack for hiring good lawyers. It'll be interesting if he gets out again. From my perspective he's had the most potential to rebuild the CDG as he's been heavily involved since the Osiel days.  Worth noting that the Menytimes perspective of all this is that AMLO is spreading chaos in states that aren't falling in line with him. Take it for what it's worth but he's blaming this as a shot at Tamaulipas and the arrest of "El Marro's" mother as a shot at Guanajuato.
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
No. I changed an email so send again. My apologies.

Thanks for your update on Chuy Lavadas BTW.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

@Itzli: AMLO has been after Cabeza de Vaca even before the election, whom he says is corrupt, and there is a good chance he is right.
TF

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

TF

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Bailador
You might be right about the Tamaulipas police are , not incompetent, but more like currupt, but to be honest I don't know what that has to do with el contador's arrest...He didn't get arrested in Tamaulipas. I think it was San Luis Potosi. Not exactly sure.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

@TF: I am looking forward to your research on Cabeza de Vaca. I hope you are planning to publish it here. I would like to know how he got introduced into that organized crime environment which existed back then, but that is probably hard to find.

You are pointing to a fact that was barely touched upon here a few years ago, how the government use surveillance through social media and how they try to control the narrative through various accounts, and they use Israeli spyware. Menny might very well be one of those, and as long as somebody communicates, they have an agenda. Source criticism should always be applied.

I think it is a good chance that if Cárdenas Martinez is released, the judges are corrupt, simply because that has happened before in recent history, and I don't think the judicial branch is somehow exempt from the pressure crime organizations has on government institutions. Also, if he is released and the judges are clean as my underwear, it conflicts with the general opinion on what the law should represent, and thus, undermines Mexican jurisprudence.

The arrest was done in SLP, where allegedly Cárdenas Martinez had paid to be left in peace.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

@TF: I took a good look at Menny's publications and he definitely puts Cabeza de Vaca in a positive view. Not even a mention of his humongous house other bloggers have pointed out as possibly illicit.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

A new picture of Cesar Morfin Morfin AKA Primito appears. He is also supposedly 36 years old.

Also one of his brother Remigio Morfin Morfin AKA R8. He is allegedly 28 years old.

And these pictures include Alvaro Morfin Morfin, perhaps another brother?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Negro Torro
Seems like the CDG and CDN are still going hard in Miguel Aleman. Saw a photo of a truck with "Metro 37". Any idea who that may be? Also who is leading the attack for CDN.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Bailador
Good questions. Can you post that pic of that truck? It would be appreciated. Since those cdn trucks got burned up haven't heard of anything else in the ribeñera. Does anyone know what's currently going on there? Has it calmded down? Or is cdn still in town? Any input is highly appreciated.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Negro Torro
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
@Negro Torro: Nothing in my notes about a "Metro 37". I looked online too and I didn't find anything either.

@Bailador: From my understanding the CDN is making incursions from Mier Municipality (west of Miguel Aleman). Los Guerra (Miguel Aleman Municipality) seems to be where most clashes happen. CDN wants Miguel Aleman proper for obvious reasons since it has a legal border crossing.

The CDG commander in the area is Cesar Morfin Morfin (El Primito). People have been commenting that there is an Army commander from the barracks in Mier that is passing down information to the CDN. Apparently his alias is Tigre or Tiguere.

That's all the info I have for now.

MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
[GULF CARTEL THROWBACK COMMENT/QUESTION]

I just discovered that the Gulf Cartel founder Juan N. Guerra had an 8-year-old son who died in the 50s. This was a few years after the death/murder of his wife. I'm piecing this era together and I think this event is an important one. It certainly "changes" people for the better or worse...

Anybody have more info?

IN ANOTHER NOTE... there is a MB post coming up on this recent Miguel Aleman clash/ambush.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Negro Torro
Reading online that Jesus Garza Moreno aka Chuy Nalgas mentioned in the interrogation video of councilor of the municipality of Miguel Aleman Herbey Barrera García was killed in Miguel Aleman. From my understand he was trying to cross to the U.S. Some are saying it was the CDG that killed him others the CDN.