Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

1 ... 345678910

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Parro
Does it get anymore deeper than this?  Read slowly and understand, this is comprehensive, and please add to the thread.  Thank LeChef and MX, excellent work!

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Great read on that JC wiki-article, MX.

I gotta say, I am not so sure if he ever was thinking he was a zeta or used z36. In fact, I believe the cartel he was afraid of being picked up by after his release, was probably los Zetas. Do you know where he wanted the border release to take place?

Also, perhaps you would like to add Tango 36 to his monikers in the article? Thus, JC Tango.

And again, if you ever come across what his group in Tampico was called, I would greatly appreciate it.
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
leChef wrote
I gotta say, I am not so sure if he ever was thinking he was a zeta or used z36.
From what I gathered by reading through protected-witnesses testimonies, Osiel Cardenas Guillen often mixed Zetas and Gulf Cartel personnel for certain missions and in various plazas if he trusted them. I think we are sometimes accustomed to think otherwise because it's easier to understand and study it, but Los Zetas often used experienced Gulf Cartel members temporarily or for special assignments. Naturally, if the original Zetas core were to allow anyone else without military experience, it would have to be someone who (1) worked for the police and/or (2) that Osiel trusted. Juan Carlos de la Cruz Reyna (El JC) worked for the Tamaulipas State Police and was apparently a family member of Osiel.

Arturo Guzman Decena (AKA Z-1 or Z1) assigned El JC as part of the commando that tried to kill El Yeyo's cousin Rolando Lopez Salinas (El Rolis). That commando had some Zetas founders in the mix like Hugo Ponce Salazar (AKA Z-4 or Z4), Mateo Lopez Diaz (AKA Z-10 or Z10) and Braulio Arellano Domínguez (AKA Z-20 or Z20). The other two people (Rogelio Garcia Garcia AKA El Roger and Baldomero Gonzalez Ruiz AKA Viejo Fox) were Osiel's bodyguards before Z-1 arrived from Miguel Aleman, Tamaulipas. El Viejo Fox was an ex-policeman. I was not able to confirm / deny if El Roger was too.

I think this shows us that El JC was somehow connected to Los Zetas too and may have been given a clave, albeit temporarily.
leChef wrote
Do you know where he wanted the border release to take place?
Source: "Torres also claimed De La Cruz and his associates were fearful that if De La Cruz were to be deported to another Mexican location, apart from Ports of Entry in Tamaulipas, rival drug cartels may abduct him, according to allegations in the criminal complaint."

None of the sources say exactly where. But if you take a look at the people who he paid to arrange his release, many of them were from the Rio Grande Valley so I infer he wanted to be released in Matamoros or Reynosa.
leChef wrote
Also, perhaps you would like to add Tango 36 to his monikers in the article? Thus, JC Tango.
Done! Thank you.
leChef wrote
And again, if you ever come across what his group in Tampico was called, I would greatly appreciate it.
I thought it was Tangos or Sierras?

Source: "Los Tangos o Los Sierras que operan en Tampico, coordinados por Juan Carlos de la Cruz Reyna, el JC o Tango 36 son: Pedro, el Segundo; Jaime o Jaimito, Rafael, Charly, Luna, García, Moxón y Choco."

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Bailador
Thank you for your guy's hard work. All your input is highly appreciated...On another note el cdn is claiming on narcomantas hung in zacatecas that el F25 del CDG sold out to CJNG. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that. I thought CDG was the strongest cartel in Zacatecas from my understanding? Has that changed?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

@MX: I agree to the use of mixed groups, but I guess it is established that JC were Tango 36 before the media started naming him z36. The thing is that in Mexico the word of the many sources does not mean a thing, because all the media outlets are in the same echo chamber. So it could be that they called him a zeta because los Zetas was a big thing back then AKA sell more newspapers. Many golfos were also called zetas without that affiliation in reality.

It would help if there is reference to someone else within the organization calling him z36 in witness statements or even in his own.

It is not so much the claves that interests me, but whether or not he was much associated with Los Zetas at all. I would think he was building his own empire like all aspiring criminals would, and probably didn't care what letters or numbers his call signal was. Green was probably more important. But he certainly had his bosses as someone must have ordered him to over after El Rex in DF or did he find it more lucrative on his own once that position opened up?

If the border transfer was Matamoros or Reynosa, it points to affiliation with the Gulf Cartel and not Los Zetas. He must have been very aware about the war, which was intense at that time, and knew he had to choose.

Regarding his Tampico group I have considered Sierras because it is almost impossible to find anyone with viejo sierra claves. At one point I thought it actually didn't exist, so that theory of JC Sierras would fit. But on the other hand, sources point to Juan Gabriel Montes Sermeño as the founder of los Sierras. So I am still in the wild.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

@Bail: A lot of those narcomantas are misleading, but it could be. How about an image?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

redlogarythm

Do you mean these ones, Bailador?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Bailador
Yes. It was a head scratcher to me. Why would CDG sell out to CJNG if they're running most of the going ons in Zacatecas? It doesn't make no sense to me.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Sky98
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
@leChef: El JC was sent from Tampico to Mexico City by the Gulf Cartel leadership.

Quote: "Desde el 24 de junio, cuando fue capturado Luis Reyes "El Rex", De la Cruz fue comisionado por el cártel para coordinar la recepción y el envío de cocaína colombiana, por lo que se trasladó al DF."

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Temp

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Bailador
Can you please enlighten us as to what these pictures pertain to? Who are they and what happend?

The story behind those pics is that the girl was selling meth here in reynosa and the metros picked her up she had been missing for 2 days. They say the guys that got her where in chilling near the canal in 3 car convoy and got surprised by state police and got into a shoot out with them and the tahoe they had her tied up in fell in the canal the driver drowned in the truck the other 2 guys where found today floating in the canal and the girl made it out with her hands tied behind her and a gun shot wound. They call the girl diabla I know people that know her and she was selling meth .

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Temp
She's very blessed to be alive lol those guys where gonna kill her for sure then what happen in the canal and she made it out of there . I think that's same canal where a few soldiers drown when there truck fell to the canal after chasing gama 16

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

El_Bujo
Curious if she was detained ultimately, or not?

If not, better pack your bags and get the hell out, now that everyone knows who you are (and wanted you dead).
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
On 2 May, U.S. custom agents arrested two major Gulf Cartel meth coordinators: Marco Antonio Vela Cardenas AKA Marquitos and Jose Luis Cardenas Hernandez.

These two men are part of the Matamoros faction. Their last names are Cardenas and Vela, so they may be related to Rafael Cardenas Vela and his uncle Osiel Cardenas Guillen. Cardenas is a very popular surname in northeast Mexico so we cannot establish this with absolute certainty, but the fact that they are involved in drugs and are from Matamoros is a huge coincidence.

Anyone have more info on these guys?

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/05/two-major-gulf-cartel-meth-coordinators.html
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
The Mexican government rejected my request for information on Idalia Ramos Rangel earlier this month.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/05/authorities-unwilling-to-confirm-if-big.html

Most of the info I have on her is in the article and in her Wikipedia page (which I published in September).

I'm interested to know if anyone has any info on the sports bar she owns in Matamoros. I'm using Mexico's Public Registry of Property and Commerce database to find public info about her business but the website is very confusing. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

mr.browntown956

She’s low after the ark indictment. Her daughters are all over Face, they are divas and cross the border frequently. One of her daughters and son in law got arrested in Olmito Texas in 2013, another in atx. She’s been in the game long enough to know how now to stick her neck out too much. I’ll be surprised if she’s caught. I know of bars, tire shops, event halls, etc..
¡tRuCHAS!
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

MX
@mr.browntown956: Thanks for the reply! Do you happen to have her daughters' names and their Facebook profiles? What about Big Momma's businesses? I live in Tamaulipas and can probably do more digging with some sort of lead.

I've been searching for Big Momma's Facebook by doing advanced searches in cities like Matamoros and Monterrey through her various known aliases: Soria Cano, Idalia Ramos Martinez, Idalia Martinez, Idalia Gonzales Perez, Idalia Ramos, Idelia Ramos Rangel, Idalia Rangel, and Idelia Ramos Ramos. The FBI says she is active on social media but I haven't had luck finding her.

Thanks, pal.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2020

Jesús Adalberto González Avitia AKA Chuy Lavada faked his death last year, and Reynosa Codigo Rojo is reporting him as in charge of Rio Bravo wanting to create his own Rio Bravo Cartel.

Some chatter says that Comandante Marin, previously reported as in charge of Rio Bravo, belongs to CJNG. That is info is totally unconfirmed.
1 ... 345678910