Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

leChef
It is a new year, and the Gulf Cartel is still here, more consolidated than previous years, under the wings of Jose Alfredo Cardenas Martinez AKA El Contador, nephew of Osiel Cardenas, son of Augustin Cardenas Guillen. The Matamoros faction is still fighting the Primito faction of the Camargo area, and word is that Cartel del Noreste is expanding and thus warring CDG. There are also unsubstantiated claims that AMLO has sent Cuerpo de Fuerzas Especiales to Tamaulipas.

Isaias Vazquez Martinez

Isaias Vazquez Martinez AKA Jarocho, and member of Escorpiones, was killed in the gym area of Tamatán prison in Ciudad Victoria a few days ago.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

leChef

Cartel del golfo sicarios left bodies on the Highway sur 2 in Reynosa yesterday

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

Negro Torro
Where is M-85 in all this. Wasn't he in charge of miguel aleman?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

La Plata
I was going through some notes and I found some pictures I wanted to post a couple years ago of Los Metros faction. Most of these cats are dead or locked up but it’s nice to finally put a face to some of the names like Simple, Tachas, Paco, Flanders, C2, Metro 15, Metro 38, and Metro 5.
AKA El Plata

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

@Negro: Metro 85 Roberto Saavedra Santana Delgado AKA Chiricuas (Arrested Apr. 6, 2015)

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

Nice, La Plata. I gotta check those pics against my own

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

Juan Manuel Hernández Vásquez AKA El Juanito or El 90, successor of El Yegua in Monterrey, was arrested and after he attempted to bribe the federales with no luck.

Shortly after the arrest of Hernandez, detectives from the Investigative Agency of the State of Nuevo Leon (AEI) arrested 22 members of the El Juanito cell in Monterrey.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

CDN left a message for CDG on a medical clinic in Miguel Aleman

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

Negro Torro
I thought he was captured and released.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

leChef
@Negro: Not that I know of, do you have a link perhaps?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

Negro Torro
Can't find it but I do remember reading that he was released. After paying the military off.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

SHNL
Press release from the Department of Justice on Ediel Lopez Falcon

Former Gulf Cartel Member Sentenced to 18 Years in Prison for International Drug Trafficking

Ediel Lopez Falcon, a member of the Gulf Cartel, was sentenced today to serve 18 years in prison for conspiring to import multi-ton quantities of cocaine and marijuana into the United States.  Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made the announcement.

Lopez Falcon, 41, pleaded guilty on Feb. 3, 2015 before U.S. District Judge Barbara J. Rothstein of the District of Columbia.  In addition to imposing the prison term, the court ordered Lopez Falcon to forfeit $15 billion, which represents the gross receipts of the Gulf Cartel’s drug sales from its principal distribution centers located along the U.S.-Mexico border.

In connection with his guilty plea, Lopez Falcon admitted that he was a member of the Gulf Cartel, a Mexico-based criminal organization, also known as “The Company,” which was responsible for the distribution of multi-ton quantities of cocaine and marijuana from Mexico into the United States.  According to the statement of facts to which Lopez Falcon admitted as part of his guilty plea, the Gulf Cartel maintained an armed faction, known as “Los Zetas,” which was made up of ex-military personnel, and that acted as enforcers and hit-men to protect the Gulf Cartel’s territory from rival drug traffickers.

In connection with his guilty plea, Lopez Falcon further admitted to supporting The Company’s mission by becoming directly involved in the importation of cocaine and marijuana into the United States and the transportation of drug proceeds back to Mexico from the United States.  Pretrial documents also reveal that Lopez Falcon was lawfully intercepted discussing shipments of cocaine and marijuana, the acquisition of weapons, and the transportation of bulk cash with his co-conspirators.

The investigation was conducted by the DEA’s Houston Field Division and the DEA Bilateral Investigation Unit and was part of an Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force investigation.  The case was prosecuted by Trial Attorney Adrián Rosales of the Criminal Division’s Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section.

www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-gulf-cartel-member-sentenced-18-years-prison-international-drug-trafficking

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

Rafita 82

Newly started twitter account @jalisquilloazul claims Rafael Issasi Garcia AKA Rafa AKA Rafita AKA 82 (One of JC's old crew) was behind the murder of Luis Manuel Kadour Ponce AKA El Visketin AKA K23 in October last year.
MX

Is this guy El Yeyo (also named Edelio López Falcón)? I thought he was part of a smuggling group somewhat affiliated to the Gulf Cartel but that broke away after they "turned in" Gilberto García Mena (El June), or so Osiel claims.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

leChef
@SHNL, MX and La Plata:
It is not Yeyo or Ediel Lopez Falcon on the pic or in the newspaper clipping. Yeyo belonged to an opposing organization sometimes called the Monterrey cartel and was killed by Osiel in May 2003.

The guy on the picture is Metro 5 AKA Ediel Lopez Garcia AKA El Muela (Arrested Sep. 18, 2013 in the US, Sentenced 18 years. Joined CDG in 2007). Amazing that so many US media outlets got that wrong.
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

MX
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I was a bit confused because I thought Ediel was a typo for Edelio.

Yeyo was related to some family members of mine. He was beloved in Aleman. He was strictly business. My friend just made a corrido of him.
https://youtu.be/NmchTNk0WU4

@SHNL: Is that video for Yeyo or Muela? Since it is called El Compa M?

If you have stories, please share. I would love to hear.

LeChef, Compa M is the one singing. As far as stories go.... I don't really have any. He loved race horses. He was just about his business. No kidnapping nor extortion. La maña hated him.  I sent some pics of him when he was younger to chivis a while back.
MX

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2019

MX
Thanks for sharing, SHNL. I'm not an advocate of organized crime, but I also can't hide the fact that I sometimes miss those days when the old school CDG capos were around. People can say what they want, but a lot of them were strictly business and didn't mess with uninvolved civilians. My father met Juan García Ábrego when he was younger because Juan's best friend, Líctor Hazael, lived in the same street where I grew up. All three of them played baseball at Liga Pequeña de Beisbol Matamoros when they were in grade school, though Juan and "Lico" were a bit older. My dad says Juan managed a growing truck-line business as a teenager before his uncle got him in the business. Ask anyone who grew up in the 1970s in Matamoros and they'll tell you Juan was a stand-up and respectful guy. To be sure, Juan was not entirely innocent. His biggest fuck-up was the 1984 Clínica Raya incident in Matamoros, where Juan's gunmen tried to finish off El Cacho at a local clinic but ended up killing several staff there.
12