Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

123456 ... 13

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

That all makes so much sense Podrido.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
Thanks, I'm glad you think so! I really enjoy to analyze organized crime and despotism of any kind. But to do that I think we need to remember these are often ordinary people we are dealing with who have ordinary hopes and ambitions.

Too often people dehumanize criminals as mere monsters, and I think this leaves us to underestimate them. A book I recently finished on Pol Pot's Tuol Sleng prison 'S-21' put it well when they stated we need not look any further than ourselves to find the source of evils enacted in this world.

That being said I think maybe we've strayed a bit from the original purpose of this thread by talking so much about the Zetas.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Podrido,Thank you! your shared information is very important. You're right "The CDG civil war is about as fractured and complex as the enduring war in Syria."
CDG-zetas war is not an issue to be missed. The Z40 the was more front-seat.But the disintegration of zetas did not benefit the trevino.Gulf Cartel claimed that the Z40 was talking to the DEA.What do you think about the Dea-zetas relationship?
İs that true?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
When you say disintegration do you mean the Zetas breaking apart into CDN/VEZ? I would have to agree that this did not benefit the Treviño clan. It was a misstep for he and Z-42 to assign leadership to their nephew and close family, though I understand why they would have wanted to keep overall control of the Cártel close by.

I have not heard before that the Golfos claimed Z-40 was talking to the DEA, but to me such notions do not make sense. I can understand fully why the CDG would want to make these claims, so as to disrupt the unity and loyalties of the organization and cast the Zetas leadership into question. More likely than anything else it's probably merely a deception tactic designed with exactly those goals in mind.

Z-40 is after all, one of the most bloodthirsty leaders Cártel warfare has ever known, and I doubt the DEA would want to be making deals with someone who's preferred method of execution involves slow burning people alive in barrels of diesel. When it comes to law enforcement intelligence strategies is the preferred method not to follow a chain of dealers and distributors up to the big fish, rather than to work their way down? Z-40 is exactly that big fish at the end of the day.

I think the fact these claims are false is especially true when you consider Z-40's own ruthless and sociopathic personality. This is a man who reveled in hunting down traitors to the organization and killing any and all rivals who got in his path. His leadership was marked by events including large scale massacres such as in Allende and the one perpetrated by Ardilla in San Fernando.

That aside a character such as Z-40 is cunning, charismatic and intelligent enough to know that cooperating with law enforcement in his line of work is apt to result in dissent among the ranks, as well as an immediate threat to his own life and greater instability for his surrounding families ability to take charge of the syndicate.

That isn't to say it's impossible, but I personally think it's highly unlikely Z-40 would have anything to do with the DEA.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Rumor has it that the Camargo faction with Primito and Flaco Sierra is getting or asking for support from CJNG against the Matamoros branch of CDG to battle Reynosa.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Podrido
Interesting. I believe I saw the same thing on Codigo Rojo yesterday actually. I suppose it can't be helped given the CJNG's rapid expansion.

Is this the same Flaco Sierra of Los Kalimanes & Cmdte Sierra?
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

leChef
@Podrido: No, it is not the same Flaco Sierra. This one has been called both Louis Betancourt and Juan Gabriel Sierra. I am not sure if either is his real name.

The viejo Flaco Sierra was Emilio Montes Sermeño, brother of the more famous Juan Gabriel Montes Sermeño AKA El Gabi AKA Gabi Montes AKA El Sierra. They both originally belonged to los Tangos, which was pretty much absorbed into other groups after Victor Manuel Vazquez Mireles got arrested in 2003.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Itzli
Worth noting that specifically "El Boludo" is the one mentioned to have went down to ask for the support.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

ENDTHEWAR
Anyone know what happens to the Dragons? Did El Sheyla get sentenced?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Podrido
Thank you, leChef! I had heard suggestions it was not the same person, but it's nice to have some confirmation on this.

Ah, that makes much more sense. Especially since those two are more associated with Tampico from what I understand. If I remember correctly, Los Tangos originates from Tampico similarly to how other groups were named after the cities they were founded in; Lobos, Metros, Rojos etc?
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Podrido
Boludo had previously been aligned with M-100 against M-28, no? I suppose Grupo Escorpion and the greater Matamoros faction really is going after those who 'betrayed' Panilo after all then.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Rhino
http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Current-Events-in-the-Gulf-Cartel-td4068184.html.....here is the link.
There was one before this one too i can't seem to find. Sorry in advance if I'm not supposed post link in here.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Podrido, Thank you bro.
Brain storming is very useful.
I believe that your views are valuable
Your shared informantion is very important.Nuevo Laredo tells us a lot.
Why did the internal conflict between the Z50 İvan Taliban and the Z40? This is really important.The Z40 is a very ambitious man but not stupid.
The Z40 may be judas but there is a timing error.CDG wants to divide zetas leadership.There is no doubt in it.
Why was Cdg targeting Z40 and Z42?
There are many questions to ask but some thing may not be as they seem.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Mica
I always thought the troops held Z3 to a criminal/military God.  He earned his stripes for Osiel and was known to be a weapons expert along with the survival stories of him sleeping in cars like a bum to evade capture.  Where as 40 was an addict with short man syndrome, they feared his recklessness but admired Lazcano as a warrior.

$.02

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
@Mica You're right.
Lazcano was a very professional man but the story of the murder is very strange.Why didn't lazcano have guards?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Thus continued rumors that it was staged and "El Lazca" is still alive, Menytimes brings it up off and on to this day.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
@İtzli
Can you open a little more?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Itzli
Mennytimes is a narco blog that generally focuses on Tamaulipas. It's a great source of information about the Gulf Cartel and provides some insight on Los Zetas and CDN. He tends to post news articles with his own personal introduction that provides background information, the story behind the story, rumors, or just general context. On a number of occasions over the years he has mentioned in passing in such posts that "El Lazca" is still alive and that the government staged the death but that is the extent of the information. I take it with a grain of salt, I think he's a great source of information but it does seem like he's quick to post unsubstantiated rumors at times.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

@Mica: Not that you said it, but there is a general misconception out there that Lazcano was like a right hand to Osiel. He was below the second command tier while Osiel was in charge, and I have read (cannot find source right now) that Osiel was outright annoyed with him at one point because he lost a shipment through Nuevo Laredo, and that might have been the underlying factor to the unprecedented violence and the development of the zeta take-over method seen in Nuevo Laredo around 2003.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

oner
Lanzaco did hold some power in CDG at some point. I'm sure he was even temporarily in charge for while. The CDG even sent lanzaco to important meetings on there behalf. The meeting with chapo springs to mind. Chapo even said he was a gentleman.

Im positive he's dead. He looked pretty dead in the pictures. He definitely had at least one body guard with him, could of been a couple. When the were being chased they were firing RPGs at the military. I'm sure they found some heavy weapons in the vehicle.

Z3 was either super confident he would not be arrested or he had his look outs pulled away to allow his attempted capture.
I vote the latter.
123456 ... 13