Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

12345 ... 13

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday

Why does not anyone answer my questions?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
Ray,

From what I understand the war between the Zetas/CDG broke out over the abduction and execution of a Zetas sicario named Concord 3. Z-40 demanded his killers be turned over for vengeance and the Golfos refused, so they used it as an excuse to break off and go independent.

As for R-1 no one really knows I don't think. There are many rumours suggesting he defected from the Golfos as well and joined the Sinaloa Cártel.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Char
Ray

Comandante R-1 is dead. All his houses in la Rivereña and Reynosa where burned down or destroyed by those loyal to M3.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ENDTHEWAR
Sierra Trafficante wrote
Didn't Tony tormenta have sicarios under his control by the name of Los Escorpion's, sure feels like a while ago.
In the video above a bunch of the trucks have "TT" on the windows. I assumed it refered to Tormenta

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Thank you Podrido
War is a big expense
Have you read the testimony of El mamito?
Zetas spent $ 350 million a year for the war.(Against Gulf Cartel)

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Char,thank you bro!
This is a very important information.
I couldn't any information about Commandante R1
R1 was a very powerful man. Why is there nothing about her being killed?
I think there was a war between the M3 and R1. İs that true?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
Ray,

That's an incredible amount of money to spend I agree. I would wager however that the majority of these costs went into bribes to flip police or politicians who had been previously protecting Golfos.

Considering most of their fighting is done through small arms the expenses on actual weaponry couldn't have been so high.

I think the thing that stood out most for me on Mamito's interview was how weary he seemed and that he hadn't seen his mother in such a long time. One easily forgets these people are Human the same as us, with all the faults and emotions therein.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
Well, it would appear to me at least both groups prevail even if they have an intermingling of members. I'd tentatively suggest though that both Grupo Escorpion & Los Ciclones are directed by El Contador.

Interesting thoughts on Grupo Alfa as well. I know they work closely with Los Ciclones in Matamoros but I sort of assumed they still had their own separate structure as a support group rather than being fully absorbed.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

That was 350 million pesos or 18million in USD which is still a lot, but a reasonable figure.

Mica, I'm so sure that was 350 million $.
You can not fight cdg,cds,lfm with $18 million

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Podrido, You're right but I don't think guns are cheap.
Armored vehicles,armored clothes,safe houses,monthly payments,bribes and larger spending.
Zetas lost the media battle.
What would happen if Lazcano was alive?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
This post was updated on .
I guess it depends where they're coming from. Straw buyers in the US, internal police or military or looted from rivals?

A lot of times I think they're looted, but even purchasing a decent Kalashnikov is affordable at $800 or so. And bullet proof vests are cheap too, $200 - 500 depending on grade of protection.

The majority of convoy vehicles are stolen and appear to be unarmored unless transporting people of importance. And a lot of times sicarios and halcones are paid little or spend their money on drugs anyways. In fact at the period we're talking Zetas sicarios/halcones were widely regarded to get most of their income from theft and robbery specifically because the organization paid so little to front line troops.

I'd say $18mn USD is a reasonable figure even on 3 fronts against Carteles Unidos as a result of this.

In terms of Lazcano he was certainly a tactician. Perhaps not as involved on the front line as he should have been (which is why Z-40 won out,) but if he was still around perhaps the Z wouldn't have fractured in 2016.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Mica
Think about how ridiculous $350,000,000.00 sounds.

Especially if they have 100 men.  That's $3,500,000.00 per person.

Come on, say they each had a $10,000 gun.
Now pretend that they each had real armored vehicles that you get in the US the $250,000.00 rides (which they don't, the ones I see are homemade).  The payoffs don't exactly go up 2000% because they are in a "war".

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
I have seen CDN pay estimates at $800 - 3,000 USD for sicarios, paid biweekly. Halcones are much less, about $200 - 400 bi weekly. (Why do people risk death by chainsaw for this? Lol...)

Of course this is dependent highly on experience and skillset. When the Zeta/CDG war was at its height they'd lost their most experienced guys and the bulk of their troops would have been these lower paid less experienced triggermen. Which is presumably how we got the CDN in the first place, most of their Cmdte's are in their mid twenties.

Also you can get your truck bullet proofed for as low as $40,000. Price is dependent on grade of protection of course. I doubt at any rate they'd be providing much more than vests and helmets to their ground troops.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Mica,you mistake my friend
350 million$ a year is not a funny figure. You can read el mamito witness
İt's not cheap to fight with three major(cds,cdg,lfm) drug cartels.
You can not survive this war with 18 million $
I'am not very knowledgeable,I'm still investigating

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
"Q. And how much money did the Zetas make in any given year,
approximately?
A. $350 million. About.
Q. And what type of expenses did the Zetas have that they had
to pay from that $350 million?
A. The expenses of the war. That's it.
"

This is an excerpt from the transcript between El Mamito and his questioners.
This answer does not imply however, that the Zetas spent $350 million on the war against the Golfos, it just says that as a whole the organization made $350 million per year in revenue via their trafficking and other criminal activities.

The primary expense may have been the war against the CDG but that does not mean they spent all $350mn on that war. (Though it does in fact appear they mean $350Mn USD.)

At any rate, it isn't as simple as Los Zetas vs CDG, CDS & LFM. On the contrary, the battle was much more complex and fractured than that. After all, CDS was fighting the BLO and the CDG was having its own internal wars such as with R-1 and his Rojos against Los Metros. There were many layers to the conflict that would have helped the Zetas cut spending as their rivals took care of themselves.

Z-40 even referenced that in one of his mantas when he explained all the people they'd actually been fighting against had either been killed or imprisoned - and many of those mentioned were killed by fellow CDG people. (Let's not forget as well the Zetas were allied to the BLO at this time too.)
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Podrido
You may be right.We need to know the dimensions of the CDG ciwil war.
I think cdg-zetas war needs to be seriously examined
Why did z40 want to overthrow Lazcano?
Civil war is not good for anyone.Why would you do something like this when you are in a war with cdg-cds-lfm? Is not this a timing error?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Rhino
Z-40 was Judas. He gave up most of the original 14 Zetas to the military. He worked both sides of the fence. A lot of people at this point think he was a DEA informant. He most likely gave up z-3 to the military. Go back and read the original gulf cartel thread it has a lot of good info

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Rhino
You says"read the original gulf cartel thread it has a lot of good info " Where do I read it from?
I have read many things about the z40.Gulf Cartel clamimed the z40 was talking to Dea. I remember the events between Z50 Ivan and Z40. But why the z40 is a dea informant?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
The CDG civil war is about as fractured and complex as the enduring war in Syria. There are too many intricacies and nuances for us outsiders to be capable of properly analyzing it. As well as a lot of misinformation, as one must remember history is written by the victor in any circumstance where conflict is involved.

I can't say for sure if Z-40 planned to overthrow Z-3, but the way in which Lazcano was caught out essentially alone is certainly suspect. Z-40 had more troop respect at that time as he rode into skirmishes on the frontline with his troops and was known to be fearless. He commanded respect as a result of this willingness to put his life on the line.

Z-3 on the otherhand seems to have spent much of his time in the background handling the bigger picture organizing, logistics and tactical end of things. Not being present with the lower ranks left him at risk of being misinterpreted as a bad leader, and so I think it was only natural for fervent loyalties to fall on Z-40's style of leadership.

However, in terms of CDG we must also recognize the pressure being put on them by law enforcement and the greater political sphere. At any time pressure is put on a criminal organization they're apt to fracture. Risk of detainment or extradition, or death begins to outweigh the rewards once contented troops were receiving.

Instability also stems from the fact you are dealing with individuals who have massive egos, and so when a strong leadership is not present those factional heads are bound to vy for the power positions they think they deserve. This is exactly what happened after the arrest of Osiel between the factions of El Coss and the Cárdenas family.

And because you are dealing with an essentially totalitarian organization, underlings are only willing to act out as far as their leaders. Hence the greater fracturing among lesser factions and their leaders that we have witnessed in combination with arrests and deaths causing even greater turbulence and power vaccuums among the CDG rank and file.
Just a lurker.
12345 ... 13