Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

1 ... 3456789 ... 13

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

dcm90

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

303
This is interesting. I've always wondered how the Trevinos got a long with the original zetas.  I guess the truth is coming out. Interestingm.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
Your tone appears hostile, I'm not sure why.

Besides, even if what you say is true - and all that you are really saying is that the upper echelons of the organization did not respect Z-40 - and I agree this is the case, it does not change the fact that the new recruits which I was referencing respected him and his ilk. Which is pretty readily provable by the fact they put the Treviños at the helm of the CDN.

To go on about the upper members not respecting 40 completely misses the point of my message. It was the bulk of the frontline troops that supported him, the naive youth who think dying for a dollar is a worthwhile endeavor. No one is saying the respect was warranted, but perception is everything, and from what I understand he was viewed as fearless and courageous by the troops. This is more than enough to garner fervent loyalties.

It would be quite obvious anyways that military trained men would not respect someone with no military or police background that started out as a petty criminal. Military men are not apt to respecting anyone beyond their own circles in even the best of circumstances, criminal or not.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Podrido
Yeah, you don't hear much about M-85, but I believe he is still in charge of Miguel Alemán.

As far as bosses go he seems a bit more chill than others? I had once read a news article claiming he gave a woman who'd been trafficked by the Zetas something like $15,000US to start a new life upon pushing the Z out of the area.
Just a lurker.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Char
Podrido

I agree with you Mike 40 obviously was not liked by anybody either by CDG and Z but Lazcano so something in him and respected him enough. Mike became the plaza
Boss of Veracruz in 2005 after the mysterious death of Efra Z-14. Mike has the brains I mean started from the bottom and made it to the top hated by many but loved by the troops. Mellado, panochitas, Flanders, panilo, Rayo, simple m-24, tachas m-17, Chava 88 all asked Sr. M-3 permission to join CDG when the war started in 2010 with the Z and why? Because mike 40 was not respect but Lazcano backed him up so shit went down.
CDG back in 2000 where mostly ex police commanders or police officers. Zetas obviously military. The troops where well trained civilians that became hitmen and ex military personnel.

If mike 40 was still free there would have been no division in the Zetas, it’s just that again Zetas from Laredo started having trouble with the Zetas of cd Victoria so internal war started.
In Reynosa no true leader corruption helps out.
Chiricuas much like Choco are more focused on their businesses rather than being leaders.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Char
The thing about 40 was killing everyone including the dog which we see today with CDN Laredo killing families in cd Victoria that was the school that 40 to future generations.

Both mike 40 and R-1 had the same personality no wonder why both started the war 👎

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Uday
Char,
what would it be if zetas was not divided?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

dcm90

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

ToPHeR
Which ones are you talking about?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Mica
Gulf Cartel leader shot at mall in Cancun.
Rafael del Ángel VM apparently was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee truck down Nichupté Avenue, where another vehicle that followed him for some time blocked his way. "El Fayo" reacted by going in reverse and getting on the sidewalk, going on to knock down a palm tree.

"El Fayo" and his companion opted to get out of the vehicle and cross the street running, but those who followed him shot him, injuring both and breaking the windows of the San Rafael clinic.

The companion had a bullet in the head, so he was transferred to the IMSS clinic of 510. Meanwhile, the other victim, with a shot in the leg, was taken to the Galenia hospital, but from there, already identified, He was taken heavily guarded to Hospiten, where he remains injured.

Agents of the Ministerial Police did not find any record against this person or weapons in his vehicle, so far he is listed as a victim of the event.

It should be noted that in the driver's license he carried, "El Fayo" was identified as "Víctor González Méndez", which turned out to be false.

Rafael del Ángel VM was arrested in 2009 in Cancun, along with nine other people, identified by the Sedena as the main operator of the Gulf Cartel in the city.

Last year, a narcomanta was found in Playa del Carmen, in which the "Zetas Vieja Escuela" were awarded the shooting in the Blue Parrot, which was signed by "El Fayo". In that confrontation five people died, four of them tourists.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
Any info on Gustavo González Castro El Erótico?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

dcm90

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
So he's out the game?

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

@DCM: you cannot really prove who were in the GAFEs because it is confidential information. Proceso tried at one time to get a copy of the military careers of Z1 and Z3, but all they got was their infantry history and then the rest was censored, which quite heavily indicates that they were both GAFEs. Same thing happened with other requests on the original seven zetas.

Jorge Lopez Perez AKA el Chuta did originally work with the Juarez Cartel and did not join los Zetas before 2003. He belonged to Batallón de Fusileros Paracaidistas, hence his nick Chuta, which means something in the line of parashooter.

As for GAFE, it's predecessor were formed in 1986 and was called FIR. The GAFE name came along in 1990, and they are not really called that anymore. In 1995, around that time when both Z1 and Z3 probably were GAFEs, there were only 51 soldiers in that division. Around the time los Zetas were formed, there were probably 7500 GAFEs of various divisions.

I remember reading about the connection with Monterrey and the 2 corps, but cannot remember the exact content, and I cannot find it again. Do you have a link?

There is this theory that in the last leg of the presidency of Ernesto Zedillo ending in December 2000, and for the first time another party than PRI took over, National Defence Secretary Enrique Cervantes Aguirre appointed his close companion Guillermo Álvarez Nahara to director of the extinct PJF (Federal Police) and Nahara brought with him a lot of army personnel. That is how some of the original Zetas ended up in Tamaulipas, working for the PJF.

Naturally, PJF, was corrupt, which ended up teaching a whole bunch of military men how to traffic drugs, which rumor again spread to the barracks. Just before the change of presidency and just after, there were an unprecedented exodus of people leaving the army.

At the military air base of Santa Lucia a senior commander asked people who wanted to leave, to step forward, and more than 50% did so. Quite the recruiting ground for organized crime.

To me it seems like Los Zetas have kept close ties to PRI all along as well, although that is a pretty unscientific statement.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

They are saying Primito has been captured in Camargo too, triggering narcobloqueos

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Apparently Flaco Sierra has only been detained for carrying a weapon for the exclusive use of the Armed Forces and could be released shortly.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Apparently Delta 1 AKA El Diablo and Delta 7 were killed in Matamoros during a meeting on 3rd of July.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

They are saying Metro 55 Manuelito is the Jefe maximo de Reynosa nowadays and that he is bringing in Metro 23 Josue Ivan Cardenas AKA El Gato from San Fernando, where he apparently has been since 2012. I thought he was killed back in 2015.

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

Negro Torro
Wasn't M-23 arrested in the D.F aroubd the same time Guero Cleofas

Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel 2018

Best
Great updated leChef. Interesting to see the Deltas pop up. This was the group that Gringo Mike belonged to.
1 ... 3456789 ... 13