Current Events in the Cancun Area

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica
Thanks Chivis!

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica
Finally

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

blanco puro

Three taxi drivers shot in Cancun Hotel Zone

Source

Mica - This is how Acapulco started

Three taxi drivers shot in Cancun Hotel Zone
BY RIVIERA MAYA NEWS ON DECEMBER 11, 2018
Cancun, Q.R. — One dead and two injured was the result of an early evening street shooting in the Cancun Hotel Zone.

Reports say 19 shell casings were counted after the three men, all believed to be Cancun taxi drivers, were fired upon. One of the men died, while two others were wounded by the gunfire.

The shooting took place at Kilometer 16.5 of Boulevard Kukulcán around 8:40 p.m. at the entrance of the Omni and Emporio hotels, where more than 19 casings were found by police.

Preliminary reports say that the attackers fled the scene aboard a white SUV-type vehicle which was later found abandoned and burned near Puerto Morelos.

Through social media, the Secretary of Public Security, Jesus Alberto Capella, confirmed that the victims were taxi drivers and alleged narcomenudistas and clarified that there was no effect on tourists.

The taxi drivers were from the Andrés Quintana Roo Taxi Driver’s Union. A Red Code was activated after 911 received the call of a shooting in the hotel zone. When ambulances arrived, they found one deceased male and two injured with non-life-threatening bullet wounds.

The taxi drivers have been identified as 23-year-old Fernando A.R., 56-year-old Arturo Z.C. and 30-year-old Carlos S.R.

The emergency units were escorted by elements of the Tourist Police to the IMSS hospital.

At 11:32 p.m. Public Safety was alerted about a vehicle burning in Glorieta de La Esperanza along the federal highway toward Playa del Carmen. Fire personnel arrived to put out the fire.

The burned vehicle is believed to be that used in the Cancun shooting. Reports say that inside, police also found burned weapons.

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Parro
27 abducted call center workers rescued in Cancun.

A dispute between partners in the firm, revenge, or organized crime.

Cancun had long been spared the drug violence that affected many other parts of Mexico, until a few years ago.  Since then, the murder rate has spiked, and the notorious Jalisco cartel was said to moving into the resort.

7/3/2019

Source:  http://www.startribune.com/at-least-27-abducted-from-cancun-call-center/512165582/

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

ToPHeR
When I was at the beginning of the year I was told there's about 12 different cells fighting for control. Sounds alot like Acapulco

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

303
I went to Cancun for Spring break in 04 and it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I wouldn't go back now. If that many cells are fighting for control it is going to get a lost worse before it gets better. I heard it use to be every cartel knew not to mess with the resort towns as that is a huge part of Mexico's economy. Now, it seems as though nobody cares, and it is every psycho for themselves. It's one of those things that makes you wonder if taking down all the older, higher up guys has created a scenario where there is nobody around to tell them to knock it off.
1234