Current Events in the Cancun Area

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

In less than 12 hours eight bodies have been found in different parts of Cancun, Quintana Roo.

The first two, apparently a man and a woman, were reported at 6:50 am in front of Block 23.

Subsequently, in Region 206, shots were reported, and they found a bagged corpse.

In Region 251 two corpes were found in an abandoned taxi.

An additional executed body  was found in the Villas Otoch Paradise Fractionation, in Supermanzana 259, with two shots to the head.

Finally, the last two bodies were found on dirt roads of the Tres Reyes and El Pedregal colonies.

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

A US Travel advisory Level 2 has been issued for Mexico which I think Chivis mentioned in 1 of her posts.
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/eight-bodies-discovered-in-cancun-mexico/ar-BBMiLQA?ocid=iehp
There is also other countries that haven't issued a travel advisory for Mexico and says tourism has not been effected.This is an interesting news clip to that effect.https://globalnews.ca/news/4401732/dead-bodies-found-cancun-mexico/

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Not sure if you all can visit this page and see the crime scene, but an execution from a car to another car occurred in a highly populated strip on Isla Mujeres.

The "Red Code" was activated in Isla Mujeres on Tuesday night, following the execution of C.H.G., who was shot in the head while driving his vehicle in the company of his family. According to witnesses, the incident occurred at about 9:15pm, when the deceased was driving his gray vehicle, and he slowed down for a speed bump, and another vehicle caught up and shot him with a gun. The vehicle of the deceased went out of control and crashed into the furniture of the restaurant Varadero de Oscar, and the police were called immediately.
    The police and Red Cross paramedicas arrived at the scene, and the victim still had vital signs, so he was transferred to the Isla Mujeres Community Hospital, where he died minutes later. According to information that was obtained, his family were in the car, who left and sought shelter.
    With this case, there have been three executions in the municipality of Isla Mujeres so far this year, with one inside the local Cerveceria, beer distribution plant, and the other on the mainland against a City Council candidate. This doesn't include the two dismembered bodies that appeared today in Rancho Viejo, on the mainland part of the municipality, divided between five black trash bags.

https://www.facebook.com/tvislamujeres/videos/vb.428816637183228/307772903305910/?type=2&theater

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica - This is more of a "C mon Man" story that some might find amusing (not front page).  If anything, maybe Sicario 006 can share some light.  Probably CIA agents going to train in the sun of the Caribbean.

Source

On an information card, the corporation said that the agents assured two people of American nationality who were carrying in their luggage two .9 millimeter caliber handguns, 101 expansive .9 mm. Useful cartridges, six magazines for pistols, five cartridges for shotgun caliber. .12 millimeters and two pistol covers.

According to the report, the elements of the Federal Police, when performing their functions of inspection, security and surveillance in the International Arrivals area of Terminal 3 of the Airport, had contact with a man and a woman who arrived on flight 1157 of American Airlines from Miami.

It was indicated that at the time of inspecting their baggage, the weapons and cartridges were detected, so when they questioned them, they stated that in their country they were told they could carry them around the world and that they only came to vacation.

In the report it was specified that the detainees did not present any documentation that covers their legal origin and / or transfer of said weapons as well as the cartridges.

Therefore, they were placed at the disposal of the Agent of the Public Ministry of the Federation for what the law resolves.

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

jajaja....well 006 has turned into a main page rock star like I have never seen.  and now there are dozens of posters and they are getting good but no one writes like 006 and he doesn't engage at all.  most people LOVE him but those who hate are crazy with hate.  there are abut 50 comments a day towards him.  and if he posts double it.

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica
Most of the time I get a kick out of 006 comments as well as the rebuttal comments.  It's good to see most get along :)

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

ja!  there is a ton of moderating  on my part I only allow about 10 percent in.  it was becoming his blog jaja too popular.  a little humor helps I think..he is creative

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Cancun, Q.R. — Two people were shot and killed on the streets of Cancun Wednesday, one of which was a local television cameraman.

Javier Rodríguez Valladares, a young cameraman with Channel 10 news in Cancun, was shot and killed while walking along a street with a friend. The shooting occurred at 5:00 p.m. in SM 29 of Cancun on Caleta Street.

Official details of the shooting have not yet been released, however, preliminary reports say the cameraman and his friend were likely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Neighbors report hearing gun shots before seeing two men laying on the ground. A blue car with tinted windows then reportedly fled the scene.

Emergency personnel were called and arrived to confirm that both men were deceased. Only Rodríguez Valladares has been identified. The identity of the second man has not been released.

A statement released first thing Thursday morning by La Fiscalía General del Estado says their investigation in still in progress and that “In a preliminary manner, we know that the cameraman was outside his work schedule and not wearing company clothing, so for the moment, his death is not being ruled as a direct attack on freedom of expression.”

The death of Javier Rodríguez has shocked journalists in the city. Local journalists and correspondents expressed their bewilderment and demand a thorough investigation.

In July, local journalist Rubén Pat was shot and killed in central Playa del Carmen. He was known to be a controversial journalist who reported mostly on police incidents and social complaints. He was the second person from the online outlet, Playa News, to be killed.

In June, a former police officer-turned-journalist, José Guadalupe Chan Dzib, was shot and killed in the southern town of Felipe Carrillo Puerto. He was also a writer for Playa News.
Source

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica
Cancún, Q. Roo.- On the afternoon of Wednesday, violence continued in the city, with three other executions registered in two different points; two were rafagueados in Supermanzana 29 and another one in Region 201, in the Haciendas Real del Caribe division. With these three, those found in 511 and the car in front of Las Pencas motel, there are six, adding more than 371 so far this year in Cancun alone.

Third Red Code of the day was activated at 18:10, when it was reported that the street Caleta Supermanzana 29, block 3, a few steps from the avenue Palenque, two subjects had been riddled with several impacts, leaving their bodies in the street.

In the place, two men were observed executed and with several impacts of bullet and in the street more than 20 cascules percutidos.

According to some witnesses, the two men left the home of a craftsman when they were shot from a vehicle, and although both tried to run, the lead reached them and took their lives.

And while the experts of the Attorney General's Office continued with the collection of evidence in Supermanazana 29, at 6:50 pm the Red Code was activated again, as a taquero was attacked with bullets, dying in Chunchimil Street, in the Haciendas Real del Caribe fractionation.

With this, there are at least six taqueros that have been executed in various parts of the city so far this year.

Municipal and State police, as well as paramedics arrived to the place, only to confirm the death of the man, who ended a few meters from his premises.

With these three executions in the afternoon, the two bodies found in Region 511 and the man executed at the exit to Mérida, only this Wednesday until 7:00 p.m., add up to six murders, presumably related to organized crime.

Meanwhile, the bodies were transferred to the Semefo, where they remain as strangers and there is not a single detainee.

Source

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

This guy was shot and left for dead with a narcomanta on Avenida Lopez Portillo, but he survived and was brought to a hospital.

Source:
http://noticaribe.com.mx/2018/08/30/balean-a-custodio-en-cancun-a-mitad-de-la-avenida-lopez-portillo-lo-dejan-herido-de-bala-con-una-presunta-narcomanta/

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica - This sounds like the same load that got caught in Australia from CJNG

Computers destined for Cancun stuffed with drugs
BY RIVIERA MAYA NEWS ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2018
Mexico City, Mexico — A shipment of computers became the target of a narcotics dog inside the Mexico City Airport, prompting federal police to inspect.

Two large packages were set aside for inspection in the airport after canine narcotic dogs showed interest in them. The inspection of four computers inside the two large packages led to the discovery of 15 kilos of marijuana.

Four computer processors were located inside the packages. Inside them, police found four irregularly shaped packages that when opened, contained marijuana.

The computer equipment was destined for Cancun. Members of the Federal Forces Division seized the computers and drugs.

The routine inspection of all parcel and truck shipments through Mexico airports is part of the federal governments crack down on drugs and other illegal shipments.

Source

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

BBfollower
This post was updated on .
Police in Cancun notified the population that they recognized two of the sicarios. Their nicknames are "the puppy " and "the pussycat". You can see them both fleeing at the end of the 2nd video.

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

le che... Kao on MB sent this in

"As far as I know, the sicarios (all who look like they pissed their pants in that alley btw -kao) were actually there to kill the family of the person that was thought to have been responsible for murdering that youngster in Paraiso Maya. The taxi driver was the older brother or relative of the accused...when the "hitmen" notice him, they bust a bitch and pull up next to the taxi. It turns out that the accused was found innocent. The family is safe, they were able to evacuate to a safe location." -kao

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

leChef
Thanks, certainly looks like they went to hitman school for 10 minutes before being called to action.

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

Mica - Demands money in the name of the Cartel of Jalisco Nueva Generación (CJNG).

Three men arrive demanding extortion money from Cancun hotel
BY RIVIERA MAYA NEWS ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
Cancun, Q.R. — A video from a business in Cancun details three men arriving to demand extortion money from a small hotel.

The video captured the extortion demand last week. It shows three men arriving to the small hotel lobby with two guarding the entrance and one approaching the manager. The hotel, which is located on José López Portillo Avenue, was one of 28 businesses asked for extortion money since January of this year.

In this particular case, the man approaching the hotel manager shows him a gun and demands money in the name of the Cartel of Jalisco Nueva Generación (CJNG).

According to information provided by the Executive Secretariat of the National Public Security System, 28 extortion reports have been made before the Attorney General’s Office since January.

Hernán Cordero Galindo, president of the civil association Ángel Ciudadano, said that they are aware of two businesses closing down over the past three months due to the demand of extortion payments.

One of them was a private language school, while the other, a store. He says that in these cases, the businesses were receiving threats about the collection of “floor rights” adding that it is a common issue businesses owners deal with.

The highest reported cases of extortion for businesses occurred between March and June of this year.

Source

Grenade thrown into central Puerto Morelos bar leaves two injured

Grenade thrown into central Puerto Morelos bar leaves two injured

Puerto Morelos, Q.R. — Two men who threw a grenade into a bar in central Puerto Morelos managed to get away, but not before injuring at least two people.

The incident occurred Saturday at 10:10 p.m. at Bara Bara in central Puerto Morelos on Javier Rojo Gómez Street. Preliminary reports say witnesses reported two men on a motorcycle driving by the bar and throwing a live grenade inside.

There were at least 10 people on the terrace of the bar when the grenade exploded. Injured were two young men, both of whom were taken to the General Hospital of Cancun.

The commander of the Municipal Police of Puerto Morelos reported that the injured are stable and that their injuries were not serious.

According to police, the injured have been identified as 22-year-old Jeremías N from Ocosingo, Chiapas and Javier N, 21 from Yucatan.
Source

Re: Current Events in the Cancun Area

@Chivis

Same person as MB story?