Crude human smuggling tunnel found from Mexico to US

Crude human smuggling tunnel found from Mexico to US

Smuggling tunnel found in San Diego, 30 people detained

Canadian Press

9 hrs ago

SAN DIEGO - Authorities in California say they have found a smuggling tunnel that carried dozens of people across the border from Mexico into the United States.

© Provided by thecanadianpress.com
Border Patrol agents discovered the crude tunnel described as a hole in the ground with a ladder inside it shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday near San Diego's Otay Mesa border crossing.

The San Diego Union-Tribune (http://bit.ly/2wTeMk7 ) says agents saw a group of men and women in the street who ran when the agents approached. Some people tried to get back into the tunnel.

Agents detained 23 Chinese nationals and seven Mexican citizens they believe crossed into the U.S. illegally.

Authorities say the tunnel may be an extension of an incomplete tunnel previously discovered by Mexican authorities.

Re: Crude human smuggling tunnel found from Mexico to US

Soliado
What makes this situation even worse is that the Chinese government will not cooperate with the U.S. when it comes to the repatriation of undocumented Chinese immigrants. I don't know what is done with this particular group of undocumented aliens since China will not accept their return once they are detained by U.S.B.P. agents.

Re: Crude human smuggling tunnel found from Mexico to US

Interesting.I didn't know that.I always thought if you were  legal or born in a particular country that was an automatic acceptance back in your country.That sucks.I really wonder then what happens to these people?They can't live in limbo.Do they apply then to other countries until someone accepts them?What does the UN think of this?Isn't there some kind of human rights?If they were to deport Mexicans and Mexico wouldn't accept them back,them what?Does anyone know the answer about where they go?