Corridos, myths & the real back story: " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

Previous Topic Next Topic
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Corridos, myths & the real back story: " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

This post was updated on .

Corrido de jaime estrada - los originales de san juan

Background News media:

Kidnap Charges Filed Against 3 Men
Others Sought
July 03, 1996|By Matt O'Connor, Tribune Staff Writer.
Federal kidnapping charges were lodged Tuesday against three suspects in connection with last week's abduction and shooting of a Milwaukee youth.

The three were apprehended in Chicago after a botched attempt to collect a ransom ended in a chase in busy Friday night traffic.

Authorities still are seeking at least four others who dumped the severely injured kidnapping victim, Jaime Estrada, 17, the next day at a used-car lot in the 6800 block of West Grand Avenue.

Authorities identified the three suspects charged Tuesday in a criminal complaint filed in federal court as Salome Varela, Miguel Torres and Jesus Ruiz, 18.

According to a sworn statement by an FBI agent, the three may have been involved in the abduction of at least two other Latino men. The victims, who said they were held in the basement of a house in the 3200 block of North Newland Avenue for about eight days, have looked at photos and identified Varela, Torres and Ruiz as being involved in their abductions, according to the FBI.

Estrada was kidnapped Thursday night from the parking lot of a convenience store in Milwaukee.

The next morning, after his family notified police, a man telephoned the family with a demand for $30,000 in ransom to be left in a parking lot Friday night on the Southwest Side in a car belonging to Estrada's brother.

Later, Estrada was put on the phone and told his family that "they shot me once," the FBI said.

FBI agents were looking on when the brother left his car in the parking lot and the chase ensued after the suspects approached.

It ended when the suspects crashed their car at the Damen Avenue exit ramp of the Stevenson Expressway.

In a search later Saturday of the Newland Avenue residence where the other kidnap victims had been held, investigators said they found a semiautomatic rifle, handcuffs and a photo of Torres.

Varela, Torres and Ruiz will appear for a preliminary hearing Monday.

Estrada remained in critical condition Tuesday at Illinois Masonic Medical Center.

Kidnapping Victims Free, But Fear Remains
July 02, 1996|By Stacey Singer and Melita Marie Garza, Tribune Staff Writers.

Eva Flores stood at the top of her stairway Monday, looking plaintively at her husband.

"Don't go outside, Jesus," she whispered in Spanish. "What if they see you?"

Ten days earlier her husband had vanished after leaving to pick up some auto parts in their Southwest Side Chicago neighborhood.

Late that day, her phone rang.

"Eva, I have been kidnapped. They say you must give them money or they will kill me," said the voice of her husband.

Jesus Flores was one of four men abducted and held for ransom between June 21 and 29 in separate incidents, law enforcement authorities said. On Saturday, apparently before the kidnappers had completed ransom negotiations with their families, Flores and two of the other victims managed to escape.

The cases have puzzled police investigators, who said that such kidnappings are particularly rare events when the victims appear to be working-class men of average means.

"This is very, very unusual," said Sgt. Lee Epplen of the Area 5 violent crimes unit. "They were just plucked off the street."

All that the victims seem to have in common is their Latino heritage and the way they were taken--pulled into a van at gunpoint, without warning. All four apparently were abducted by the same group, police said.

Three suspects are in custody--they were arrested in connection with the abductions of a fourth victim--Jaime Estrada, a 17-year-old Milwaukee youth who subsequently was shot in the stomach and dumped on a Chicago street, said FBI spokesman Bob Long.

Meanwhile, the investigation has turned toward a search for the four other men who dumped Estrada in the 6800 block of West Grand Avenue on Saturday, after an attempt to collect ransom for him by their accomplices was foiled.

Meanwhile on Monday, Estrada fought fever and infection in the intensive care unit at Illinois Masonic Hospital as family members gathered around his bedside.

"They talked to my oldest boy and said they wanted money or they would send his ears and skin to us in the mail," said his father, Jose, of the telephone ransom they had received. "They wanted $30,000 and a car."

The family called law enforcement officials immediately, and on Friday, one of Estrada's brothers led FBI agents to the location he had agreed upon with the kidnappers as the location for delivering the ransom.

After the suspects attempted to evade capture in a chase, agents blocked the van containing the three suspects at the Damen exit of the Stevenson Expressway and arrested them.

On Monday, Estrada's relatives said couldn't understand why the youth was targeted.

The Flores family is likewise bewildered.

Jesus Flores, 50, said his nine-day ordeal started when he was pulled into a white van on South Springfield Avenue, near 25th Street, and was driven to a home in the 3200 block of North Newland Avenue.

"They put me in the basement and taped my hands, like this," he said, pulling his arms behind his back, and later showing his wrists, still marked with cuts along the sides.

Flores said another victim, Rafael Martines, 45, of the 3100 block of North Ridgeway Avenue, already was tied up in the home. A few days later, he said, the abductors brought a third victim into the basement, but he did not ever see Estrada there.

On Saturday, the third man managed to free himself while all of the kidnappers were out of the home and fled, promising to send help, Flores said.

But as he and Martines waited for a rescue two hours later, Flores said the remaining kidnappers returned and decided to move the other two captives to another location.

Instead, Flores said, after they left the home, he and Martines broke free and ran to a nearby house where the occupants immediately contacted police. The abductors fled.

The apparent kidnapping victim who escaped and promised to send help to Flores and Martines remains a mystery man.

When FBI agents showed him photographs of the men arrested in the Estrada case, Flores said, "I knew two of them," referring to the five men whose faces he had seen while he was a prisoner.

But that news did not comfort Eva Flores. "They are still out there," she said.

3 Escape Kidnap Ring
1 Wounded
July 01, 1996|By Stacey Singer, Tribune Staff Writer. Tribune staff writer Tara Gruzen contributed to this article.

A quaint English-Tudor home on Chicago's Northwest Side may have housed a bizarre kidnapping ring, law enforcement authorities said late Sunday, after they discovered three people during the weekend who had been abducted in separate incidents and held for ransom.

The three kidnapping victims, two of whom were factory workers, had apparently been picked at random.

One of the victims, 17-year-old Jaime Estrada of Milwaukee, was found in the 6800 block of West Grand Avenue on Saturday with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. He had been taken at gunpoint from a convenience store parking lot in Milwaukee on Thursday and then forced to demand $30,000 ransom from his father and brother in Wisconsin, police said.

On Saturday, Estrada's captors released him. Wounded but conscious, he walked to the closest store, called police and was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital. By Sunday, doctors upgraded his condition from critical to serious.

In related incidents, police discovered two other kidnapping victims over the weekend, Rafael Martines, 45, of the 3100 block of North Ridgeway Avenue, and Jesus Flores, 50, of the 2500 block of South Springfield Avenue.

A worried neighbor had called police to the Tudor-style home at 3225 N. Newland Ave. in Chicago late Saturday to investigate suspicious people, said Sgt. John Schnoor of Area Five Violent Crimes.

Those "suspicious people" were Martines and Flores, cowering in the bushes after escaping from more than eight days of captivity, said Sgt. Lee Epplen, also of the Area Five Violent Crimes unit.

Neither Martines, Flores nor Estrada had known each other before the attacks, nor had they known their attackers, Epplen said. And yet they all described similar ordeals.

According to police, Martines said he was walking to his factory job along the 3100 block of North Ridgeway on June 22 when several men drove up to him, wielding rifles and handguns.

The day before, Flores, too, had been abducted at gunpoint in his neighborhood as he walked to work in the morning.

Both were bound and taken to the North Newland Avenue home where, they said, they were strapped with duct tape to beams in the basement and made to speak on the telephone to loved ones, to demand money.

"Their families were told that if police got involved, these victims would be killed," Epplen said.

So far, federal agents have arrested three people in connection with the Estrada abduction, a spokesman for the Chicago office of the FBI said. Four more were being sought. No charges had been filed by Sunday, but police said they believed that all of the abductions were carried out by the same people.

Authorities did not release the suspects' names--Epplen said they apparently gave bogus ones. The FBI was checking fingerprints.

In the Estrada case, FBI spokesman Bob Long said that Estrada's family members contacted the agency after they were told to bring ransom money to a meeting place in Chicago.

But the family had federal agents go instead to the meeting place. When the suspects arrived, a chase ensued. It ended with the suspects' arrest at the Damen Avenue exit of the Stevenson Expressway late Friday, Long said.

Neighbors on North Newland Avenue said that a group of young Spanish-speaking men had moved into the house as renters in January, but they had not taken time to introduce themselves or be friendly. None had returned to the house since police descended on the area Saturday evening, they said.

The events left Norma Becker, a next-door neighbor, feeling unsettled and angry.

"I was a little shocked," she said. "The door to their basement is right here. I mean, what next?"

Martines and Flores needed no medical attention, although they told police they had been fed little since they were abducted.

The owner of the North Newland home, Leon Borkowski, believed that the three arrested were indeed his tenants.

He said he had rented to three men in January, and all had references. He said he gave the lease and rental application to police.

It was an unexpected turn of events for tenants he had at one time felt fortunate to have.

"They paid on time every month," Borkowski said. "They looked very nice, they were quiet and polite."

How the feds painted it in court:

Movants Ruiz, Torres, and Sanchez, along with Salome Varela ("Varela"), all illegal aliens from Mexico, acted as enforcers for a cocaine trafficking operation located in El Paso, Texas, with its roots in Mexico. (The court will refer to these individuals collectively as "Movants"). In order to enforce the payment of drug debts, the Movants kidnapped four individuals. The Movants believed that these individuals either owed, or were related to someone who owed, money to individuals in El Paso. After kidnapping the victims, the Movants contacted the victims' families and demanded ransom. The victims were held in two separate locations in Chicago, Illinois. As will be explained in greater detail below, this scheme ultimately resulted in the murder of one victim, and ended only after a high-speed car chase during which Varela pointed a gun at a federal agent.
One of the victims, Jesus Avila ("Avila"), was abducted by Movants Ruiz, Torres, and Sanchez, and taken away by a blue and white van to a house on Newland Avenue in Chicago. During the abduction, all three Movants were armed; Torres was armed with a machine gun. Avila was bound with duct tape and handcuffed to a post in the basement of the Newland Avenue house, where the Movants beat him, and threatened his life. At one point, Ruiz pointed a gun towards Avila's head and cocked the trigger. The Movants then placed ransom calls to Avila's sister and wife, telling them that Avila would be killed and dumped into a garbage can if sufficient ransom was not paid. Avila's sister and wife then paid the Movants $10,000, and delivered three cars to the Movants. Avila ultimately was able to escape from the Newland Avenue house after fifteen days of captivity.
Two other victims, Jesus Flores ("Flores") and Rafael Martinez ("Martinez"), were also abducted into the blue and white van by the Movants, and handcuffed to basement support posts in the Newland Avenue house. Flores was abducted because his son owed drug debts. Martinez was abducted because of his own drug debts. Like Avila, both Flores and Martinez were threatened with physical harm if the debts were not paid. The Movants made ransom calls to Flores' wife, at which time Mrs. Flores advised the Movants that Flores suffered from diabetes, and required daily medication. The Movants ignored Flores' diabetes, holding him for nine days without medication. Fortunately for Flores and Martinez, they were able to escape while being led out of the Newland Avenue house at gunpoint.
These events culminated with the kidnapping and murder of a seventeen year old high school student, Jaime Estrada ("Jamie"). The Movants abducted Jamie from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on June 27, 1998. Jamie was held in an apartment on Moody Avenue in Chicago, blindfolded and tied to a chair. The evening of the 27th, one of the Movants called Jamie's brother Alex and indicated that if ransom was not paid, Jamie would be killed, and the Movants would cut off Jamie's ears and skin and mail them to Alex. Torres later shot Jamie in the abdomen. Jamie was then locked alone in a bathroom, bleeding and vomiting. The next morning, one of the Movants called Jamie's brother Miguel and informed Miguel that they had shot Jamie, and directed Miguel to deliver $30,000 and a car to a specific Chicago location. The Estrada family then contacted law enforcement officials.
At this point, Miguel agreed to participate in a series of recorded telephone conversations with the Movants. During these calls, Varela and another individual (the fugitive Luis Alberto Carreno) were recorded demanding ransom from Estrada's family, and issuing instructions for the delivery of the ransom. Federal Bureau of Investigation ("FBI") agents then set up a controlled ransom delivery during which FBI agents would apprehend whichever Movants appeared. Movants Varela, Ruiz, and Torres drove to the delivery site. Ruiz then attempted to gain entry to car in which the ransom had been placed. FBI agents spotted Ruiz, and moved to apprehend him. The Movants fled, with Varela pointing a 9-millimeter Beretta pistol at an agent. The Movants then led the agents on a high-speed car chase during which the Movants ran red lights, and reached speeds of nearly 100 miles per hour on the Stevenson Expressway. After an agent rammed the Movants' car, the Movants were apprehended. (Sanchez was apprehended separately.)
The following morning, an attendant found Jamie barely alive at a used car lot on the west side of Chicago. In addition to his gunshot wound (a one and one half inch wide wound to his abdomen), Jamie had been handcuffed and beaten. After thirty days in the hospital, Jamie succumbed to his injuries. The coroner determined that Jamie died from the gunshot wound, and a thirty hour delay in receiving medical treatment.

Hollywoods spin on it:  TV show The FBI Files: Jan 17, 2004 – Watch  - Season 6, Episode 3 - Brutal Abduction

A varsity athlete was kidnapped by four gunmen.The kidnappers contact the victim’s family and demand $30,000. Later, the gang dumped the boy’s body in a used car lot just before they were arrested

Recent accounts coming to light about the Estradas
The background of the Estrada Family:
"Estrada's relatives said couldn't understand why the youth was targeted."
Jaime & his brothers were envolved in moving weight in Milwaukee & Chicago. The same year Jaime was killed they open up Envisions Clothing in 1996 and his brother was known as D.J. Twist @ the age of 16. How did a pair of teenage brothers open up a music store & clothing store?

Two Years later in Chicago: 1998 Theft of Narcotics Proceeds & the beginning of the "rat race" among cocaine whole distributors mainly from Cartel del Pacifico.

Dj twist realizes the streets are always watching and gets knocked for 500K.

No later than 1998, Saul Rodriguez noticed that the CPD was paying him less money than what Glenn Lewellen had promised to pay him. Saul Rodriguez’ CPD CS file reflects that in or around 1998, the CPD started paying him less than $1,000 for every kilogram of cocaine that was seized as a result of the information he provided. Saul Rodriguez complained about this to Glenn Lewellen. Glenn Lewellen assured him that he would do something to address Saul Rodriguez’ concerns. Shortly after that, Glenn Lewellen gave Saul Rodriguez two kilograms of cocaine. Saul Rodriguez understood that Glenn Lewellen obtained the cocaine from a seizure of cocaine that the CPD had made. Saul Rodriguez understood that Glenn Lewellen was giving him the cocaine to address his concerns that he was not being paid enough for his cooperation with the CPD. Saul Rodriguez sold the cocaine Glenn Lewellen gave to him. Soon after Glenn Lewellen gave Saul Rodriguez two kilograms of cocaine, Saul Rodriguez and Glenn Lewellen worked together to steal approximately $500,000 from a cocaine supplier named Alex Estrada.

The plans for the theft began when Alex Estrada came to Saul Rodriguez’ parents’ home with a bag containing what he claimed was $500,000. Alex Estrada told Saul Rodriguez that he planned on using the money to buy his next shipment of cocaine. Alex Estrada told Saul Rodriguez that he was unable to find the supplier from whom he wanted to buy the cocaine. Alex Estrada asked Saul Rodriguez if he could store the money at Saul Rodriguez’ parents’ home. Saul Rodriguez agreed to let him do so. A week later, Alex Estrada came back to Saul Rodriguez’ parents’ home. Alex Estrada took the bag containing the money and told Saul Rodriguez that he was going to buy the cocaine from a supplier near 62nd and Mozart.

Later that same day, Alex Estrada contacted Saul Rodriguez and told him that he had been unable to buy cocaine from the supplier near 62nd and Mozart. Alex Estrada told Saul Rodriguez where he was located with the money. Saul Rodriguez met with Glenn Lewellen and gave him the information about Alex Estrada. Glenn Lewellen suggested that they should just take the money from Alex Estrada. Glenn Lewellen said that he would execute a traffic stop of the car in which Alex Estrada was transporting the money and then steal the money from Alex Estrada. Glenn Lewellen and Saul Rodriguez agreed to divide up whatever money Glenn Lewellen stole.

Later that same day, Glenn Lewellen called Saul Rodriguez and asked to meet. Once Saul Rodriguez arrived, Glenn Lewellen and Saul Rodriguez evenly split the money Glenn Lewellen had stolen. Saul Rodriguez’ share was approximately $160,000, around $90,000 less than what he expected it to be given how much money Alex Estrada had told Saul Rodriguez he had in the bag. Saul Rodriguez figured that Glenn Lewellen had taken a portion of the money he had stolen from Alex Estrada before he split the money with him. Alex Estrada never told Saul Rodriguez that his money had been stolen.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: (Part 1)& (Part 2) " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

wow, this is old but i do remember hearing about that. Back then this probably didnt get more than a mention on the news. good post im sure chicagoans can relate to the areas mentioned.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: Parts !, 2,3 " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Windycitykid
April 28, 2001, Dj Twist is bust in Zacatecas transporting his own product

In Zacatecas

 The Attorney General's Office informs it seized 33 kilograms 980 grams of cocaine, two vehicles and made 5 arrests, in two operations on federal highway 54, Zacatecas-Saltillo.

 The first operation was conducted during an inspection and surveillance operation on the said road, when Federal Judicial Police agents assigned to the State Delegation in Zacatecas, detained at the height of kilometer 73, on the Sierra Vieja stretch, a navy blue, 1998 Chevrolet pick up, with no license plates, which was driven by JOSUE ELIAS LOPEZ RODRIGUEZ, who was acccompanied by JEISA CARDENAS and JOEL DAVID LOPEZ RODRIGUEZ, who proceeded from Zacatecas, and their final destination was Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.

 On inspecting the unit, the federal agents found inside the gasoline tank three tubes made with steel plates, from which they retrieved 20 packages that contained a total of 21 kilograms 250 grams of cocaine.

The second operation was conducted on the same road at the height of kilometer 78, also on the Sierra Vieja stretch, where on inspecting a wine colored 1997 Ford Lobo pick up, bearing license plates issued in state of Wisconsin, USA,  the federal agents retrieved from the front fender and wings, 11 packages that contained 12 kilograms 730 grams of cocaine, the automobile was driven by ALEJANDRO ESTRADA ESTRADA, who was accompanied by JUAN JOSE ESTRADA FRANCO.

They planned to transport the alkaloid from Capilla de Guadalupe, Jalisco, to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

The drug, the vehicle, and the detained men were put at the disposal of the Federal Public Ministry Agent who initiated the corresponding preliminary investigations of the cases.

Alex is transfer to the famed Cereso de Cieneguillas, Zacatecas. He is sentenced to to 13 years in prison for transporting drugs. The next two years of his life are spent partying hard inside of prison where his rep & fame grows.

In 2003 Alex while still in prison meets another chicago area drug trafficker named Toro & starts a relationship with his sister Blanca.

"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: Parts 1, 2,3 " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Windycitykid
La Fuga De Dj Twist: Alex is ready to head back to the Chi and move more weight.

Summer of 2004 Aiding and Abetting Possession of 300 Kilograms of Cocaine
Saul Rodriguez lost touch with Alex Estrada after Glenn Lewellen stole $500,000 from him during a supposed traffic stop sometime in the 1990s. In or around 2003, Saul Rodriguez was vacationing in Valle de Juarez when he heard people talking about how Alex Estrada was in jail in
Zacatecas, Mexico.

Later during the same trip, Saul Rodriguez visited Alex Estrada in jail. The jailers allowed Saul Rodriguez to visit Alex Estrada in his cell. While there, Saul Rodriguez saw that Alex Estrada had four cell phones and two kilograms of cocaine in his cell. Alex Estrada told Saul Rodriguez that he was using the cocaine to pay off the guards in the jail. Alex Estrada asked Saul Rodriguez to talk to the warden about how much money the warden would need to allow Alex Estrada to “escape” from prison. Alex Estrada told Saul Rodriguez that he was willing to pay as much as $400,000 to get out of jail. Alex Estrada gave Saul Rodriguez a number to give to the warden if he was interested in completing the deal. Saul Rodriguez agreed to do so.

Later that same day, Saul Rodriguez met with the warden at the airport in Zacatecas. Alex Estrada arranged the meeting. Saul Rodriguez went to the airport alone. During the meeting, Saul Rodriguez told the warden that Alex Estrada was willing to pay him $250,000 in exchange for allowing Alex Estrada to “escape” from prison. Saul Rodriguez gave the warden the number Alex Estrada had given to him. Saul Rodriguez told the warden to call the number to coordinate the payment from Alex to him. Saul Rodriguez returned to Chicago shortly after meeting with the
warden. Six months later, Saul Rodriguez heard that Alex Estrada had “escaped” from prison.

Soon after learning that Alex Estrada had escaped from prison, Alex Estrada called Saul Rodriguez and told him that he was in the Chicago area with his girlfriend. Alex Estrada stayed at Saul Rodriguez’ Countryside residence for a week or two before he moved into a condominium in he area of Bolingbrook or Plainfield. While Alex Estrada was staying at Saul Rodriguez’ house,

Alex Estrada claimed that he had recently met with Óscar Nava Valencia, "El Lobo.", a Mexican cartel boss, at one of his homes in Mexico. Alex Estrada claimed that as a result of meeting with "El Lobo", he would be
getting fronted cocaine on a regular basis. Alex Estrada asked Saul Rodriguez if he knew of a warehouse where he could unload tractor trailers containing cocaine. Saul Rodriguez called Andres Torres, who arranged for Alex Estrada to use a warehouse that Glenn Lewellen had in Frankfort, Illinois. Andres Torres was storing his painting equipment at the warehouse.

Andres Torres called Saul Rodriguez after the tractor trailer had been unloaded. Andres Torres told Saul Rodriguez that he was at the warehouse when the tractor trailer arrived. Andres said that several people with large firearms showed up. Andres Torres told Saul Rodriguez that he and those individuals unloaded the cocaine into the warehouse. Andres Torres told Saul Rodriguez that

Alex Estrada paid him $30,000 for his help. Andres Torres told Saul Rodriguez that he did not want to continue to work with Alex Estrada because the people with whom Alex Estrada worked carried large firearms. Based on the amount of money that Alex Estrada paid Andres Torres, Saul Rodriguez believed that the load of cocaine Andres Torres unloaded was approximately 300 kilograms.

Within a couple of days, Glenn Lewellen called Saul Rodriguez screaming about what had happened in the warehouse. Glenn Lewellen explained that there was lettuce all over the warehouse. Until Glenn Lewellen called, Saul Rodriguez did not know that the cocaine that had been unloaded at the warehouse had been hidden under a shipment of lettuce. Glenn Lewellen told Saul Rodriguez to get the warehouse cleaned. Saul Rodriguez called Andres Torres and told him about Glenn Lewellen’s call. Saul Rodriguez told him to make sure that the warehouse got cleaned up.

Information from Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo

In August 2004, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo met Angel Béjar Chávez, "El Chino" at a ranch in the area of Joliet, Illinois. "El Chino" asked Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo to work for him distributing kilograms of cocaine to customers in the Chicago area. El Chino told Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo that he would pay him $500 for every kilogram of cocaine he distributed. Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo agreed to work for El Chino. After meeting with El Chino, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo brokered large kilogram cocaine transactions between El Chino and customers, including Pedro Victoria

While working for El Chino, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo met a person he knew by the nickname “Toro.” Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo often met Toro at his bar in Northlake, Illinois. Based on their relationship, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo understood that Toro sold drugs. Enrique Hinojosa-

Acevedo never conducted a drug deal with Toro. Pedro Victoria told Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo that he had supplied Toro with large quantities of cocaine. Pedro Victoria also told Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo that Toro had not paid for the last shipment of cocaine Pedro Victoria had delivered to Toro.

Pedro Victoria told Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo that Toro owed him around $600,000. Pedro Victoria asked for Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo to help collecting the debt Toro owed to him.

About one month after Pedro Victoria told Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo about Toro’s debt, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo was at a ranch in the Joliet area with "El Chino", Pedro Victoria, and a person he knows as “Pelon.” Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo identified a photograph of Saul Rodriguez as the person he knows as “Pelon.” While at the ranch, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo heard Pedro Victoria tell the others that Toro had not paid him for the last shipment of cocaine he had received from Pedro Victoria. Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo heard Pedro Victoria and "EL chino" instruct Saul Rodriguez to get the money from Toro.

During the time that Pedro Victoria was trying to collect the drug debt Toro owed to him, Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo often spoke to Alex Estrada. During this time, Alex Estrada often asked Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo for information about Toro, such as where Toro lived. On one occasion,
Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo told Alex Estrada that he was planning on meeting Toro at a particular place and time in the Chicago area. Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo went to the meeting location but Toro never arrived While Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo was in Mexico, Alex Estrada told him that Toro sent a person in his place to attend the meeting.

Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo later heard that the person Toro
had sent in his place was Toro’s second cousin Salvador "chapa". Alex Estrada explained that Pedro Victoria arranged for that person, believing he was Toro, to be kidnapped. Alex Estrada told Enrique Hinojosa Acevedo that the person was ultimately released.

Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo believed that Pedro Victoria had told Alex Estrada to call him and get the information about when Enrique Hinojosa-
Acevedo planned on meeting with Toro so that Pedro Victoria could kidnap Toro. Enrique Hinojosa-Acevedo has not spoken with Toro since the kidnapping occurred.

Alex aids the kidnapping of "Toro"

Pedro Victoria asked Saul Rodriguez to kidnap an individual named Arnulfo Hernandez-Delatore who owed Pedro Victoria a drug debt in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Saul Rodriguez agreed to participate in the kidnapping in exchange for a portion of whatever money he and members of the enterprise were able to obtain during the kidnapping. On the day of the kidnapping, Pedro Victoria provided Saul Rodriguez with the location at which he could find Arnulfo Hernandez-Delatore.

Saul Rodriguez, Hector Uriarte, Jorge Uriarte, and Manuel Uriarte went to the location and kidnapped the person they believed to be Arnulfo Hernandez-Delatore, restrained that person, transported that person to another location, and then threatened that person while questioning him about the drug debt. Almost immediately, Saul Rodriguez, Hector Uriarte,
Jorge Uriarte, Manuel Urirate, and Pedro Victoria realized that they had not kidnapped Arnulfo Hernandez-Delatore. In fact, they had kidnapped chapa, a worker for Arnulfo Hernandez-Delatore. Chapa was released later the same day on which he was taken.

Information from Salvador Hernandez "Chapa"

According to Chapa he began to work at the Northlake Tap, which was also known as Bar Jerez, in Northlake, Illinois, when he was 19 years old. He was hired by Arnulfo Hernandez. Chapa identified a photograph of Arnulfo Hernandez-Delatore as the person he knows as Arnulfo Hernandez. While working for Arnulfo Hernandez, Victim I often drove to different stores to buy

In or around the Summer of 2004, Arnfulo Hernandez asked Victim I to drive to the area of Kedzie and Archer in Chicago. Chapa believed that Arnulfo Hernandez wanted him to buy supplies for the bar. Chapa remembers that he drove his black Pontiac Grand prex to the meeting. Once Chapa got to the area, two individuals pushed him into a white work type van.

Once inside of the van, Victim I’ hands, eyes, and feet were taped. Before Victim I’ eyes were taped, he saw that the two men were Hispanic. One was chubby, about 5'8" to 5'10". He was dressed like a gang banger in baggy clothes, and had a goatee. Victim I stated that a picture of Hector Uriarte looks similar to the person he first saw. Victim I saw the other man, but only noticed that he had a shaved head. Victim I said a picture of Saul Rodriguez looks similar to the second person he saw in the van.

Once Victim I was inside of the van, he was driven for about a half hour before the van stopped. When the van stopped, someone told Victim I in Spanish “You’re here because of the money you owe.” Victim I could hear two people in the van, and they called him by the names Arnulfo Hernandez and Toro. Victim I told the men that he was not Arnulfo Hernandez and that they had the wrong guy. One of the men then punched Victim I in the stomach. A few minutes after that,

Victim I could hear the two men speaking in English, but couldn’t hear what they were saying. After a few hours, Victim I was driven to another location. Prior to being let go, one of the men told him to keep the tape on his eyes for 15 minutes and that the men would be watching. That person told Victim I that if he took it off before the 15 minutes was up, he would be harmed. Chapa  believed them. Victim I left the tape on for several minutes. When Victim I took the tape off, he could see that he had been dropped off in a location near to where he had originally parked his car. Victim I then drove back home and called his girlfriend and asked her to come get him. Once Victim I’ girlfriend got to his house, he told her what happened. Victim I’s girlfriend drove him to a hotel in Melrose Park near 15th Avenue and North Avenue. They spent the night there because Victim I was concerned for his safety. Victim I has not seen or spoken to Arnulfo Hernandez since the day he was kidnapped. Victim I never returned to the Northlake Tap bar.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: Parts 1, 2,3 " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

In reply to this post by Windycitykid
Mantiene bajo investigación PGR a custodios de Cereso

Piden ayuda de la Interpol para aprehender a prófugo

Hugo Zendejas / IMAGEN

El que no se generaran actos violentos durante la fuga, hace suponer un hecho concertado. (Archivo / IMAGEN)
A dos meses de que se registrara la fuga de un reo en el Cereso de Cieneguillas, la Procuraduría General de la República mantiene bajo investigación a 60 custodios, presuntamente coludidos en los hechos.El 23 de agosto de este año, Alejandro Estrada Estrada, quien purgaba una condena de 13 años de cárcel por delitos contra la salud, en su modalidad de narcotráfico, escapó del centro penitenciario referido.La forma en que se dio la evasión, a partir de que no se generaron actos de violencia, hace suponer una “acción concertada” en la cual se presume complicidad de algunos vigilantes del Centro de Readaptación Social. El delegado de la PGR, Lorenzo Aquino Miranda, informó que ante el agente del Ministerio Público Federal han acudido 40 custodios a rendir su primera declaración.Señaló que se trata de un “asunto relevante” y por lo tanto se estudia de forma minuciosa. “La instrucción precisa del abogado de la nación, Rafael Macedo de la Concha”, dijo Aquino Miranda, “es que evitemos la fabricación de culpables”.En el Cereso, abundó, el esquema de vigilancia permanente está a cargo de 200 agentes y sus respectivos mandos, que dependen de la Secretaría General de Gobierno de la administración estatal.Del total, en el caso de la fuga de Alejandro Estrada, inicialmente se investiga a los 60 custodios que atendían el turno a la hora de la evasión.
Por el momento, explicó el delegado de la PGR, “no hay personas arraigadas, estamos en la fase de acopio de pruebas”.

El ahora prófugo fue sentenciado a 13 años de prisión por el delito de transporte de estupefacientes; ingresó al Cereso de Cieneguillas hace dos años.
El juez de la causa ya liberó una orden de reaprehensión en contra de Alejandro Estrada y se solicitó apoyo a la Policía Internacional (Interpol), para tratar de ubicarlo en cualquier otro país.
Sin embargo, la PGR dice que “no se trata de un reo peligroso”.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: Parts 1, 2,3 " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Windycitykid
The Aftermath 2006

Information from Saul Rodriguez

In or around 2006, Saul Rodriguez was buying cocaine from a high-level Mexican-based drug trafficker, Individual R. At the time, Individual O worked from Mexico coordinating the distribution of cocaine to, and the collection of cocaine proceeds from, Individual R’s customers in the Chicago area. In or around that same time, a cocaine trafficker Saul Rodriguez knew as Individual I told him that a friend had access to a GPS device that could be attached to the bottom of a car. Saul Rodriguez
began to think about how the GPS device could be used to locate the house or warehouse where Individual O and his people were storing cocaine in the Chicago area so that they could then steal the cocaine.

A couple of months after Individual I told Saul Rodriguez about the GPS device, Saul Rodriguez got a call from one of Individual O’s workers saying that a load of cocaine had either arrived or was about to arrive in the Chicago area. Saul Rodriguez told Individual I that he wanted to use the GPS device, and explained how he intended to use the GPS device. Individual I told Saul Rodriguez that he was willing to give him the GPS device. Saul Rodriguez agreed to give Individual I and the people who had the GPS device a portion of the proceeds of any cocaine or money that they stole as a result of using it. Individual I delivered the GPS device to Saul Rodriguez or Ruben Villarreal.

Saul Rodriguez first met Ruben Villarreal in the late 1990's at Triangle Electronics on Pulaski in Chicago. Saul Rodriguez was often at the store to have electronic and stereo equipment installed
in his cars. Ruben Villarreal was often the person who installed that equipment in his cars. Within years of meeting him, Ruben Villarreal started his own electronics and stereo store, named TriStar Electronics. By in or around 2004, it was clear that Ruben Villarreal was having a difficult time making ends meet. In or around the Spring of 2006, Saul Rodriguez asked Ruben Villarreal if he would transport cocaine and cocaine proceeds for Saul Rodriguez. Ruben Villarreal agreed to do so.

When working for Saul Rodriguez as a courier, Ruben Villarreal often stored and distributed cocaine and cocaine proceeds in the TriStar Electronics’ garage. The garage was located in the back of the store, and accessible through the alley that ran behind the store. Before getting the GPS device, Saul Rodriguez talked to Ruben Villarreal about installing the GPS device on the car used by Individual O’s money couriers. Saul Rodriguez told Ruben Villarreal that he hoped they could use the GPS device to determine where the money couriers were taking the money we were delivering to them. Ruben Villarreal agreed to install the device.

Around the time that Saul Rodriguez received the GPS device, Individual O called Saul Rodriguez and told him that he could distribute 50 kilograms of cocaine to him. Saul Rodriguez directed Ruben Villarreal to pick up 50 kilograms of cocaine from Individual O’s worker. He did so. Saul Rodriguez was fronted the entire 50 kilograms of cocaine. Saul Rodriguez directed Ruben Villarreal to deliver all of the cocaine to Walter Johnson. Saul Rodriguez sold at least part of the cocaine to Walter Johnson on a fronted basis. Within days, Walter Johnson called Saul Rodriguez and told him that he was ready to deliver the remaining payment for the cocaine. Saul Rodriguez told Ruben Villarreal to pick up the payment from Walter Johnson. He did so. Saul Rodriguez called one of Individual O’s workers, and told him to send the money couriers to TriStar Electronics. By that time, Ruben Villarreal had received the GPS device, and was prepared to install it on the car used by Individual O’s money couriers.

After speaking to one of Individual O’s workers, Saul Rodriguez drove to TriStar Electronics. Ruben Villarreal was at the store. Soon after getting there, Ruben Villarreal and Saul Rodriguez were together in the store’s garage when we saw the money couriers arrive there in a white four-door car. Saul Rodriguez saw two Hispanic men get out of the car. The driver had a chubby build, was around 5'8", and was wearing a large belt buckle. Based on how he was dressed, Saul Rodriguez understood
that he was from Mexico. Saul Rodriguez took the driver and the passenger to the front of the store. While there, Saul Rodriguez talked to them about the things that TriStar Electronics had for sale.

Saul Rodriguez understood that while he was talking to them, Ruben Villarreal was in the garage area of TriStar Electronics installing the GPS device on the car in which the money couriers arrived. Saul Rodriguez also understood that Ruben Villarreal was loading the cocaine proceeds from Walter Johnson into their car. Within ten minutes, Ruben Villarreal came out to the front of the store and told the men that he was finished with their car. The money couriers got into their car, and drove away.

After the money couriers left TriStar Electronics, Saul Rodriguez called Individual I. Individual I began tracking the GPS and telling Saul Rodriguez where the car was located. At some point, Individual I told Saul Rodriguez that the car was stopped in Joliet. Individual I gave Saul
Rodriguez the address. That night, Hector Uriarte and Saul Rodriguez drove to the address together.

The address was for a home in Joliet right across the street from a hospital. The home had a detached garage set back from the house. They saw the money couriers’ car on which Ruben Villarreal had installed the GPS device parked in front of the house. After a few minutes, Hector Uriarte and Saul Rodriguez drove off. Hector Uriarte and Saul Rodriguez agreed that he, Jorge Uriarte, Tony Sparkman, and Andres Flores would go into the house in front of which the white car was parked, restrain anyone inside, and steal any cocaine or money that they found.

The next day, Saul Rodriguez stayed away from the Joliet area. Saul Rodriguez understood that Hector Uriarte, Jorge Uriarte, Tony Sparkman, and Andres Flores were going into the home Hector Uriarte and Saul Rodriguez had found in Joliet At some point in time that day, Saul Rodriguez talked to Hector Uriarte. Hector Uriarte told Saul Rodriguez that they had gone into the house and garage they had found in Joliet. Hector Uriarte said that they had not found anyone in the house or the garage. Hector Uriarte said that they had found boxes containing cocaine and a bag or cooler containing cocaine in the house or the garage. Hector Uriarte told Saul Rodriguez that he had taken the boxes and bag or cooler to his male cousin’s home fifteen minutes away from the house in Joliet.

The next day, Saul Rodriguez went to Hector Uriarte’s cousin’s home where Saul Rodriguez met with Hector Uriarte, Jorge Uriarte, and his cousin. The boxes and the bag or cooler containing cocaine were inside of the garage of the cousin’s home. They counted the contents of one box and it contained 20 kilograms of cocaine. There were around 13 or 14 boxes. They also counted the contents of the bag or cooler, and found it contained between 25 and 35 kilograms of cocaine.

Between the boxes and the bag or cooler, there were around 300 kilograms of cocaine. Saul Rodriguez stored the cocaine at Hector Uriarte’s cousin’s home until Saul Rodriguez gave out or sold all of it. Soon after stealing the cocaine, Saul Rodriguez gave Individual I and his friend who had obtained the GPS device between 50 and 75 kilograms of cocaine. Saul Rodriguez sold the remaining amount of cocaine over the next three to six months. Hector Uriarte, Jorge Uriarte, and Saul Rodriguez each received $800,000 in profits from his sale of the cocaine.

Friday October 28, 2009

Captured the top leader of the cartel or Millennium Valencia Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, Oscar Orlando Nava Valencia, aka "El Lobo Valencia".

His capture was in the colonial streets Refugio Valley after a shootout with the Mexican Army, was arrested along with nine of his accomplices.

Among those arrested Angel Bejar Chavez stands, alias "El Chino" compadre of Ignacio Coronel Villarreal, aka "Nacho Coronel" who has an extradition warrant by authorities turned Illinois, USA, for drug crimes.

"El Lobo Valencia", was under the direct orders of "Nacho Coronel" very trusted man of Joaquin Guzman Loera, alias "El Chapo," leader of the Pacific cartel. "El Lobo Valencia" squares controlled states of Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan and beginning to penetrate the market in Mexico City.

The day of his arrest was a clash between his group of assassins and military

MEXICO CITY (30/ENE/2011.) - A year after three months of being captured by the military forces, the alleged drug kingpin Oscar Nava Orlando Valencia, alias "El Lobo Valencia", was extradited to the United States to stand trial for conspiracy and drug crimes.

Through a statement, the Attorney General's Office (PGR) reported on the transfer of the capo, who was captured in his rest house by the Mexican Army after a clash on 28 October 2009, in the town of Tlajomulco de Zúñiga.

His extradition was made based on a treaty between Mexico and the United States to answer the charges before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.

"El Lobo Valencia" was identified by federal authorities as the top leader of the Valencia cartel, also known as Millennium cartel, after the arrest of his uncle Armando Valencia Cornelio, captured in 2003, in Zapopan, after an operation mounted by the Mexican Army.

As reported by the PGR, Nava Valencia have had relationship with the late capo Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel Villarreal, killed in a clash with military forces, on July 29, 2010, in San Javier Hills Subdivision, in Zapopan.

According to the statement from the PGR, the cartel of Los Valencia began in the 90s, when he allegedly controlled the planting and harvesting of narcotics, in neighboring municipalities between Jalisco and Michoacan.
Also, the organization of "El Lobo Valencia" is linked also to the Pacific cartel, led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera, so thus the criminal group formed a distribution of drugs to the U.S. territory .

The federal agency also said that Oscar Orlando Nava Valencia and his brother John, alias "El Tigre", were in charge of planning and moving large shipments of cocaine from Central and South American countries, the United States.

The main entities in Mexico where Valencia were kept operating centers Jalisco and Colima, but also extended its presence to the states of Michoacan and Mexico City.
Since his arrest, Oscar Orlando was admitted to the Federal Center for Social Rehabilitation Number 1, better known as "The Highlands", and at the request of the U.S. government applied for provisional arrest for extradition.

Once the PGR concluded with this procedure, the Foreign Ministry issued the agreement for the transfer, so the alleged capo was delivered by members of the Federal Investigation Agency representatives from the office of the U.S. Marshals Service of the Government U.S. on Thursday January 27, at the airport in the city of Toluca.

The Catch in Refugio Valley

Nava Valencia's arrest came after the Mexican Army in attending an anonymous tip that reported on the existence of an alleged narcolaboratorio in streets of the colony Refugio Valley, so to arrive at the intersection of Morelos and Lazaro Cardenas, the Mexican Army were attacked and killed by gunmen bonnet, when wanting to enter the home.

The deployment also included federal and municipal police. However, arrived within minutes to the site more than a hundred soldiers.

After the arrest of the suspected kingpin and his accomplices were sent to the SIEDO (Attorney Organized Crime Research), where they made their first statements.

They were then seated for 40 days, and then he Nava Valencia issued formal arrest.

In all, they were responsible for drug crimes, organized crime and the issues.

List of prisoners (captured on October 28, 2009)

The day of the operation in Tlajomulco de Zuniga, were captured nine alleged drug hitmen, including Angel Bejar Chavez, alias "El Chino", friend of the late Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel Villarreal.

• Angel Bejar Chavez, alias "El Chino".
• Juan Velázquez López.
• Alberto Gonzalez Verdin.
• Benjamin Rodolfo Martinez Calderon.
• Tiburcio Villegas Ornelas.
• Alfredo Enrique Cobos.
• Benjamin Lopez Ayon.
• Bulmaro Andres Villegas.
• An individual which, so far
unknown name.

Armament insured during arrest

• 24 rifles, among which are several
type assault rifles AR-15, .223 caliber, AK-
47, known as the "goat horns", R-15
and light assault rifles FAL type.
• Two grenade launchers.
• Five handguns in calibers .38 Super, .45,
380 and 9 mm.
• 120 magazines for different types and sizes
weapons, of which six are disc.
• 10 body armor.
• Four pairs of binoculars.
• A currency counter machine.
• Apparel police in black type.
• 13 vehicles, mostly luxury vans, two
Armoured them.
• Five thousand rounds of ammunition of various calibres.
• A laptop.
• A USB memory.
• 15 radios shortwave.


The farm that took shelter just before his
detention, and is located at the junction of the
Morelos streets and Lazaro Cardenas, the colony Refuge
Valley, in the town of Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, was
fully conditioned and had several
eccentricities, including:
• A main room, large, fully
• Three bedrooms, fully equipped.
• A terrace with its own bar.
• Luxury Finishes.
• vegetation and palm trees in top condition, and
the grass was trimmed and neat.
• Exotic birds, among which are toucans, wild parrots, macaws and others.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: Parts 1, 2,3 " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

In reply to this post by Windycitykid
Hundreds attended funeral services of Estrada, former popular D.J. Twist who founded Envisions Clothing.

By H. Nelson Goodson
June 20, 2011

Milwaukee - On Monday afternoon, Alejandro "Alex" Guadalupe Estrada, 35, took his final ride through the 1200 block of S. Cesar E. Chavez Drive passing through Envisions Clothing followed by a two mile funeral procession. Estrada founded Envisions Clothing in 1996 and was known as D.J. Twist to many.
He grew up in Milwaukee, but Estrada, an U.S. Citizen was residing in Mexico. He was fatally shot on June 11, while inspecting a home he and his girlfriend, Martha Eugenia González Navarro, 26, were remodeling in the neighborhood of Campo de Polo Chapalita, in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
An armed group of men invaded the Estrada home and an altercation ignited over a vehicle when Estrada was shot 8 times in the torso with a high caliber weapon, according to the Jalisco State Attorney General's Office (PGR).  The PGR investigators recovered between 8 to 17 armor piercing, 5.7MM X 28MM Caliber cartridges at the scene.
Estrada died at the scene, Navarro was wounded on her left leg and a third person was slightly injured. The seven suspects fled the scene afterwards in several vehicles, according to neighbors.
Last week, Estrada's body was brought back to the U.S. On Monday after a traditional mass service with Mariachi's at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he was taken to St. Adalbert's Cemetery for his eternal resting place.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Corridos, myths & the real back story: Parts 1, 2,3 " The 10 year rat race begins in Chicago"

In reply to this post by Windycitykid
oh oh jerez bar ive been there. ahh but ive been down lake street too. man all this happened and i was unaware of it, good job on the reporting. i get the feeling i probably have seen these characters, but as naive as i was back then thought nothing of it lol