Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

Parro
Since I can't reply to my original post on the cartels and coronavirus, I'll guess I'll just post an article that belongs to the original.  Special thanks to Ricky Churches

https://oicanadian.com/coronavirus-in-mexico-the-nightmare-is-just-beginning-for-the-cjng-and-the-union-tepito/

Coronavirus in Mexico: the nightmare is just beginning for the CJNG and The Union Tepito
By Rebecca Bowen - March 28, 2020

The lack of channels for the supply of raw materials for the production of fentanyl and other synthetic drugs (from China) is not the only problem that will face the drug cartels during the duration of the crisis by coronavirus.

The pandemic it represents a pressure to the criminal groups as it imposes obstacles that they had not faced before, one of them is that their pillar for trafficking drugs, the aircraft, now you can be more detectable than ever before.

A analysis of the organization Insight Crime he points out that the coronavirus became now the great enemy of the mexican cartels in specific to the Cartel Jalisco New Generation (CJNG) of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, and for the Union of Tepito. The first because it moves their goods through aircraft and, second, because before the crisis, in China there are no boats that can move drugs or the pirate good that is distributed in all of Mexico City.

“The global lock due to the coronavirus seems to be affecting also to the economies, legal and illegal, but it is likely that the problems of the supply chain of The Union of Tepito and the CJNG are just the beginning” according to the analysis.

Warns that this situation will last several months and will be a true test of fire for the structures of these two criminal organizations, of which at least in the case of the CJNG is known to be weak against an alleged disease of the Mencho and incarceration in the united States of two of their children.

On the other hand, with most of the planes on the ground, the flights that carry the drug are easier to track.

“Like legitimate businesses, large groups like the CJNG, that operate in large areas of the territory and in multiple economies, criminals, will not have a greater capacity to withstand the economic slowdown caused by the coronavirus”, warns the organization.

While The Union Tepito has undergone a process of fragmentation in which several of its leaders as Roberto Mollado Esparza, alias “El Betito” have been arrested or killed in addition of that when you operate in a geographical area very definite, at this time has few options to diversify.

According to official documents, since 2010 the Union Tepito is the great conductor of an orchestra of merchants and gangsters that make possible the arrival of products made in China to the premises of the center of the capital of Mexico. One of those cells are The Marcopolos, who do not speak English or mandarin, but who know China as his own hand.

This cell negotiates the fraudulent goods and sends it to you in containers that criss-cross the globe by sea. According to official reports, the products come usually to the tax-free zone of Belize and cross the border south into Mexico, without the seals of the ministry of Finance. Stepping on mexican soil, fill the trailers of the Union Tepito and sent to the capital of the country by land. Everything is unloaded in warehouses and the operation of China-Tepito closes another chapter.

In the last few weeks, the cell criminal has been left without a travel to China, by the confinement that has forced the COVID-19. This has left businesses starved and without alternative routes of supply.

The spokesman of the Agency for Drug U.s. (DEA, for its acronym in English), Katherine Pfaff, assured the weekly River Twelve that they are tracking if the coronavirus outbreak is affecting the illicit drug markets but it is still too early to give a broader picture.

“The DEA continues to monitor these things. It will be some time until we have a better idea of if the health emergency has affected or not the drug trafficking,” he said.

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

No financial bailout or subsidy from the Government for illegal businesses.I guess when they have the clampdown on legal businesses that commercial break ins will proliferate.They need to get that crop they grow going ( marijuana) out to the local economy as it's better than nothing.I can only imagine all the murders of competition drug dealers as they stand out among dwindling people in the streets and fewer taco stands and businesses to extort.They will get REALLY desperate and even lay off their 'staff' the sicarios  but I bet they shoot them on the spot for their loyalty so as not to have them as competition in a dwindling marketplace both drug and retail.

BTW readers when an exchange gets snide or nasty and no one is able to let it slide a lock goes on the post (and then therefore you can not reply).There are all kinds of interesting characters on here and some at the best of times are a pain in the ass yes just like in real life and yes you can always start another post.Also no point to argue with Administrators too over which person is right or feels slighted.We only want the post to flow and not get stuck on 2 people with differing points of view on non narco subjects arguing back and forth.Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

Parro
Canadian, greetings.

We've learned the payroll is high, get's a lot of job recruits early on.  Bribes . . . they are in the thousands and millions depending on the level.

Where are the baby-killers, snitches, scicarios right now?  Beats me, not much here.  I guess they're hunkered down and thinking of furloughs, disappearances, chinese shipments, legal markets, border closures, etc.  I hope all their business plans fail utterly.

I love BB, but imagine no need for this blog one day.  Yeah, kind've like John Lennon.

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

You got a point there Parro about the future of 'narcomonics' and what the future holds for them but now we are all wrapped up in this global virus and I almost forgot about Russis and Saudi having a pissing contest with the oil and possibly decimating the North American energy independence as there are bigger fish to fry right now.Maybe someday Mexico will be like 'other countries' and have just 'normal' everyday problems without all the violence and no need for BB but I'm sure the whole criminal landscape will change in some way or other.Lots of people out of work with this 'forced economic shutdown' so I'm sure readership has gone up of BB as people have almost too much time on their hands (unless the young one's are at home).

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

Good read Parro!

I never thought of the lack of airplane traffic, things are going to get sloppy and lots of war?!?!

I don't think I saw this posted, but did anyone see the $37M meth bust a few days ago in the shipment of tomatoes? Story Link https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/27/border-patrol-meth-tomatoes/

I was wondering if this was a rushed sloppy shipment due to the public facts about the bordering closing between the countries.

Story---------------------------------------------------------
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers working in Laredo, Texas, discovered nearly $37 million worth of meth in a commercial shipment of tomatoes from Mexico.

CBP officers assigned to the Colombia-Solidarity Bridge — an international bridge that crosses over the Rio Grande river and connects Laredo, Texas to the Mexican town of Colombia, Nuevo León — on Wednesday encountered a 2007 Freightliner tractor. Upon a canine and imaging system inspection, a massive discovery was made.

Included in the shipment of tomatoes was 654 packages containing about 1,847 pounds of methamphetamine — a load that carries a street value of $36,957,914, according to CBP.

“Officers at the Laredo Port of Entry have heightened their enforcement strategy when targeting these high-risk commodities, successfully disrupting the flow of deadly narcotics from entering our country,” said Laredo Port Director Gregory Alvarez.

“This record breaking drug bust was an exceptional operation that highlights CBP’s commitment in confronting the drug abuse epidemic,” Alvarez added.

CBP has taken over custody of the narcotics, trailer, and truck. The case has since been handed over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations for further review.

The Trump administration earlier in March declared a complete ban on all non-essential travel at our northern and southern borders. However, in a bid to keep the wheels of the economy turning, the administration is allowing commercial trade to continue through Canada and Mexico.

“Let me be clear that none of these agreements apply to lawful trade or commerce. Essential commercial activities will not be impacted,” acting secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said during the announcement, adding that a “secure” and “strong” economic supply chain will still move across both borders.

Despite the lockdowns across the country, CBP officers are still working to protect the country from illegal entries and — as Wednesday demonstrated — the introduction of illicit narcotics.

CBP leaders earlier in March said they are taking the necessary precautions to protect employees in their agency from contracting coronavirus, including an ample supply of perennial protective equipment (PPR) for agents assigned along the entire U.S.-Mexico border.

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

Parro
Mica, finally some drug news . . . well, I don't know if that's good news.

Tomatoes, and that's a lot meth and they even quoted at current wholesale price . . wait, not!

$20,032/lb ??  That's 50 times more than our Sinaloan cookers were claiming earlier this week for a pound wholesale.

I really don't where the enforcement agencies come up with their price, but they must figure it being stepped on 4 times at the least.

Great story, any meth off the streets, better for all.

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

Ricky Churches
I sent this and I'll post it here as well...

I'm not writing to explain why I want access. I'm sorry, my intent was not to get this locked. While I have been visiting this site for a long time I just recently started posting, Im getting used to it not being like most forums. My apologies! I can delete my posts or if you can, go ahead, to return the thread back to its original purpose.

Re: Coronavirus CJNG & The Union Tepito

We will just leave it for now.I can't delete bits and pieces or just 1 person at a time or have to delete the whole post as this 1 got going but in the future..........just be more careful please.