Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

☆Sierra-Kilo-Charlie☆
There is a serious shortage of cocaine in north america right now. I have heard rumors that CDS is holding back loads out of fear that Chapo is being tortured for info. As well as stockpiling the product to push prices even further into the stratosphere, then flood the market once they have a clearer picture of whats going on and have purged the undesirables from the current structure and have established a newer slightly modified structure. Im not sure how much truth there is to these rumors but it does make sense. Either way I thought somebody here might be able to shed some more light on the current situation and reasons for said shortage of cocaine.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

mrjam7
well in the area where we live there is a  drought.... Oz have gone up !!  people selling cut  for a high price

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

This is a trend that has been building for years. It has nothing to do with a CDS or any group holding back loads, or law enforcement making big busts, it has to do with supply and demand.

In many US cities, like San Francisco, addicts no longer ask for coke, they have moved on to meth.

In the San Francisco Bay Area, rock cocaine [crack] is a drug for the elite, while many tweakers [meth users] are the prostitutes and other street people previously associated with crack.

As the the lifespan of the crack cocaine 'epidemic' has come to a wane, replaced by meth and heroin, the market lacks the economies of scale that kept cocaine cheap and available nationwide.

Meanwhile, prices in Europe are much higher, so major amounts of the world supply are sent there, and at the same time it makes more sense for Mexican transnational criminal organizations to produce crystal meth and heroin.

Crystal meth is the perfect substitute for cocaine because it is cheaper to produce, demand is higher, and there's no need to pay South American producers for their product.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

☆Sierra-Kilo-Charlie☆
Kid, I definitely agree with you on the trend of meth and heroin slowly replacing coke. However right now there is definitely a drought and prices have risen considerably in the last 6 weeks. There is still a major demand for cocaine which the supply is not meeting. It is a terrible business model to not supply the demand of a main product, and being as cartels are quite adept business people there must be more to it than just shifting markets and products.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Siskiyou_Kid
I live on the West Coast, and kilo prices have been stable for about 2 years now, with no supply disruption among the group of distributors I know in Southern California.

I hear similar comments from dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle.

Vice did a story on a cocaine shortage recently, and I posted it on the forum.

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Vice-If-the-Drug-War-Is-Failing-Where-d-All-the-Cocaine-Go-td4063723.html#a4063733

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

☆Sierra-Kilo-Charlie☆
"Going on three years now, mid-level coke dealers I know in Southern California have been complaining about dramatically higher kilo prices and major supply disruptions."

Kid, these are your words from the post you linked... it seems to be happening again.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Siskiyou_Kid
Yeah, well they had some problems, but they have made adjustments.

Are you talking all of USA, Southwest, worldwide????

I know for a fact is no shortage in South Texas.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

☆Sierra-Kilo-Charlie☆
The entire west coast and parts of the midwest. I havent heard anything about the east coast or SE though.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

guasa_001
I live in sf and I haven't heard anyone say there's a shortage here people still getting there fix out here some how.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

☆Sierra-Kilo-Charlie☆
There seems to be conflicting information on this subject. I know this is a long shot but is it possible for people to post the kilo prices in the regions that they reside for comparison purposes.  Im really trying to figure this out and the conflicting info just makes me more interested.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

The thing is a problem with one part of the supply chain can impact some groups. If a group only have one distributor, and that guy's connection dies of a heart attack in Mexico, they have nowhere to go that has the same price/quality/comfort level.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Just the purity of the coke is the worse ever!

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Jgon661USAfuku
All I know there is an exaggeration of meth on the streets for dirt prices n coke will always be around just prices skyrocket CDS isn't the only connect but then yo que se de la vida

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

guasa_001
Lol that dirty meth is all over the place and hop is flooding the bay area streets

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Yahweh

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

deelucky1
Yahweh wrote
Siskiyou Kid pretty much nailed it with his comment. I've seen crackheads who were hitting the pipe for 10+years who moved to meth because it lasts longer and is cheaper in the long run. I never thought I'd see the day but here on the Texas border meth users are slowly growing while coke users are becoming fewer and fewer.
there's a difference smoking and using a straw two different personalities never met a rock smoker that used a straw is this your personal experience

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

Siskiyou_Kid
I don't know why, but most tweakers [meth users] progress to pipe or banging if they use more than a few years.

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

final sleep
Siskiyou_Kid wrote
I don't know why, but most tweakers [meth users] progress to pipe or banging if they use more than a few years.
Lasts longer and doses can be smaller when banging. With same money longer high. End of the road for the most..

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

aliasrojo
Idk if any of you guys are aware but el mayo zambada is known to hold back drug shipments. Could he be the one doing so?

Re: Cocaine shortage... CDS holding back loads?

dcm90