Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

Mica
NYPOST

The only victim expected to speak before the sentencing of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman is the former head of a modeling agency he once tried to have killed, The Post has learned.

Guzman ordered the murder of the woman, whose name The Post is withholding, after she attempted to bribe a high-ranking law enforcement official with $10 million on the kingpin’s behalf — but the man refused. When the attempted murder victim told the Sinaloa Cartel leader the man had turned down the money, Guzman didn’t take it well.

“[Guzman] was angry and he said she was a liar, he ordered her killed,” former cartel associate Alex Cifuentes testified at the drug-lord’s trial.

The woman was Cifuentes’ personal assistant, but he told the court she was also known for supplying “female friends” from her modeling agency to the unnamed “general of the nation” for private fetes.

While the details of the attempted murder weren’t immediately clear, multiple trial witnesses testified the kingpin preferred to murder people in creative ways — such as blowing them up with grenades or burying them alive.

The government revealed late Wednesday that an unnamed attempted murder victim would make a statement ahead of Guzman’s sentencing, which is scheduled for July 17. Multiple sources familiar with the matter confirmed the victim’s identity.

Prosecutors requested that the 62-year-old be sentenced to life behind bars — plus 30 years.
MX

Re: Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

MX
Thanks for sharing!

If El Chapo already faces a mandatory life imprisonment (via the Continuing Criminal Enterprise statute), is it reasonable to assume he may be handed something less than that?

Re: Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

Mica
I read somewhere that the just almost has to give him life +30 because of the sentencing minimum guidelines.  This secretary must already be a life witsec member, because she is brave in open court to give an uninterrupted op-ed about him.  Also, will it be read in spanish or english primarily?

Re: Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

she ran a prostitution ring and provided underage girls to narcos.  so she is a victim???  and they are asking for restitution.

cifuentes'; are all liars

i thought Miguel Angel Martinez Martinez. would be the one testifying it made sense, but that may be why not---because it made sense.  i think the woman is named maria?  she is in the foto with chapo and alex

Re: Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

https://www.voanoticias.com/a/tololoche-descifrar-llamadas-interceptadas-para-juicio-de-el-chapo-guzman/4678145.html

it should be noted this charges have no record of happening anywhere of these attacks were recorded

"Regarding the attacks, he specified that three were stabbed with knives, twice by cellmates, and the fourth would have been with grenades thrown into his cell while the guard, who took care of him 24 hours a day, threatened him with a pistol in his cell. head. Although he has no evidence to hold Guzmán Loera responsible for the attacks, he attributes to him the events that took place in Mexican prisons.

Martinez says that sometimes, during the first attacks, he heard how the knives sharpened. And he stressed that the night before the last attack, he heard how a wind band played the ranchera song, "Puño de Tierra", one of El Chapo's favorites.

When the defense questioned him as to why "El Chapo" would trust an addict, Martinez said: "This cocaine addict you are talking about never lost anything in the eight years he worked for Mr. Guzmán."

sorry google translated

Re: Cifuentes secretary/associate to speak at Chapo sentencing

Cuidado
Yeah I dont believe a word Cifuentes says tbh