Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

southtexas1

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

EL GUAPO
No ST1... Not scared to cross.. I was too damned tired to cross and I don't know anyone in PN. Visited there a couple of times and it's a wonderful city. Steakhouse over there I particularly enjoy but can't remember it's name at the moment. They also got a branch in EP....

Eagle Pass? Very quiet. I'm parked out here at an Exxon station where the bypass comes into 277 and was a very peaceful evening. If I had my car up here, I'd have been across the river in a heartbeat....
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

EL GUAPO
Perhaps BdeC is referring to the type of "missionaries" that I have no use for either.

Generally, they are Missionary Baptist churches that load their vans and trailers with junk bikes and toys and come to the border towns, sometimes going further into the interior to spread their charity and religion, pitying the "poor" people they come across and then when their week of work is done, go back to their middle class lives patting themselves on the back at all the "good" they've done... I think that is called, hypocrisy....
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

FreeMexico

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

curioso
Piedras Negras is very unpredictable right now. I have been in the middle of some pretty heavy stuff here recently.
I would not let a teenager come here right now unless they were with me at all times.

Don't do it!!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

ArmChairIntellect
Good to hear from you my friend, to be honest I was getting a little worried, figured you might not have thought it was safe to post or something, glad your safe.  If you wouldn't mind me inquiring, what have you seen, feel free to email me if its too sketchy to post here.

I'll send you an email.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

what I am saying is I entered Mex with a notion that "those" types of charities are what I wanted nothing to do with.  but I kept an open mind

I landed not knowing a soul.  I look back thinking who the hell did I think I was, so I get there and fumbled my way thru south Tex border including EP, DR, Laredo and into Mex trying to connect.  The very first organizations that reached out to me were Baptist and Non Dem Christian.  Never once have they brought up religion to me and respect that I have my own and my org is not faith based.  It has never been an issue.  I have ran into one charity that gets old bikes and refurbishes them into gems.  One man and his family, He lives in New Jersey and he sends them to the border all year to his storages and at Christmas ands out 1000+ bags of fruit and candy and the bikes, and other items for the kids.  he is 87 years old now and has terminal cancer, he will not be going back to Mexico first time in 27 years he will miss Christmas.   He was far from wealthy his family did what they could and it is an amazing tale of giving.

Many good people.  I have seen one of the churches having two hogars with a total of 70 kids say grace before dinner but not much else.  another built 15 kitchens giving a meal to kids before school in impoverished areas.

This is my history, and I will say strongly if it were not for these good people MANY children and adults would go without.  perhaps it is their faith that moves them, but I have not seen any pat themselves on the back.  One is a doctor who retired to run my therapy center for the blind, teaching braille and zoom text and walking with canes etc.  she was from the Baptist church.  She has never spoken about God to the kids.

I am a 501C3 foundation, I have worked with more orgs than I can remember and I think the orgs that people are talking about that are bible thumpers exist for sure I know of one and its a biggie but for the most part people are there just to do good.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Pinball has left the building