Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

pinball

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

El Faro
There is a clear and present danger in Piedras Negras,  Do not let her go.....If this is indeed a real scenario the Pastor is an idiot.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

katattx
DO. NOT. LET.HER. GO.!!!! Im pretty shocked that anyone would even consider taking a young teen to PN.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Chester
I have christian friends from Piedras Negras and all of them aren't there any more due the bad situation.. they had to move somewhere else....Don't let her go...

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

La Pera
No, no, a thousand times no!

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

I would suggest you read Chivis story that was posted on the main page on Nov.24 entitled "Is Piedras Negras the next Juarez?" (referring to when Juarez was labeled the "Murder capital of the world).

It is not longer on the first page, but just look in the "Blog Archives" and scroll down and you will find the story.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

My staff today unaminously decided to take supplies to Piedras and they are there now.  But no, a 13 year old.

It is explosively violent in PN right now and the bad guys don't care where they launch the conflicts, by hospitals schools mfg complex wherever, and day or night.  She most likely would come home safe and soundly, but you can not control what she may see in the aftermath of a shootout, or being in the midst of one.

or...you can check and follow PN_Narco
he always has whats shaking.

and I will close with this.  Piedras Negras now has the largest group of federal and state police, and military presence.  they are not there for bingo.  They are there as they expect big trouble.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Birria De Chivo
   Why? Piedras Negras already has Catholic Churches, the absolute last thing that they need are a bunch of pre-teen protestants going around trying to evangelize people that are already Christians.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

silver
pinball God calls us out to do different things for him. if she has a heart to do it, yes though it may be dangerous let her go if she wants to. i would go. i feel when its your time its your time. i would not be afraid. does she speak spanish or look spanish ? if so thats a plus for her. i choose to be optimistic. charity work helps so many people.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Birria, I agree with you about religious nonsense, but many of these evangelical groups do amazing charity work that helps people who need it the most. Yeah, they do it just to try to convert people, but they still donate time and money where it's needed.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

pinball

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

La Pera
Aiyaiyai Silver! Thank goodness pinball was not swayed by your Godly convictions! A bullet does not understand language and does not differentiate on the basis of whether you look mexican or not. If you are so sure you will not be called before your time is up, go stand in front of an oncoming train. If it ain't your time, I guess the train will stop! Innocent people are caught in the crossfire of the drug war every day. I can't imagine the guilt if I had asked peoples' opinions and knowing the danger allowed my daughter to go anyway, and then she was hurt or killed. She can fulfill her charitable contributions without putting her life in danger. But hey, if you wanna go, feel free to take her place!

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

silver
we all will go someday friend, might as well go doing something we enjoy.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

I have worked in Mex for 30 years but in Coahuila going on a decade.  I have met christian groups from the US that conduct amazing work for children, and the impoverished.  and though I know that some groups are motivated solely for calling to christ, most do not, they are motivated by scripture "what you do for the least of my brothers you do unto me".  Mexico desparately needs this help.

I NEVER said people should not go into areas of violence and I would never hesitate to do so, as those are the very regions with most need.  I leave it up to my employees to decide for themselves.  We have worked in PN the entire time I have been in Coahuila.

It is very true the catholic church provides assistance to the most needy, espcecially Economic Migrants, but funds are generated within the nation so they are always lacking.

My comment was only about a 13 year child that if she was my granddaughter I would insist she not go.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Birria De Chivo
 @ Chivis  Sure, these groups do a tremendous amount of work for the impoverished, and that's fine, but the bottom line is that these groups consider anyone who doesn't follow their particular brand of religion as damned to hell. Doing good deeds alone isn't anything special, one doesn't deserve any praise just for doing what's right in the first place. In fact, these groups are using their good deeds as bargaining chips, if the people of Piedras Negras don't accept the protestant's brand of religion, than the protestants could care less about the people of Piedras Negras.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

It is unfair and inncorect to generalize like that.

What you state is untrue except for a small percent of groups. NONE with the groups I have partnered with.  I am not faith based but have partnered to build a couple of hogars and kitchens with those that are and never have I seen them impose or restrict or exclude because of faith.  simply is not the norm

which are you EXACTLY seaking of and where are they in Mx?

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

La Pera
silver, yes we all go some day, but I sure wouldn't wanna push my luck or bargain with my daughter's.

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

EL GUAPO
I can confirm what Chivis says about a heavy presence in PN. I am in Eagle Pass today and tomorrow and have been discussing the situation with friends who live along the river on both sides.....

Don't think I'll be crossing this time...
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Phineas
I was watching i survived last night & one of the stories was a guy who was doing missionary work in haiti & got ambushed/kidnapped it was a wild story and the guys was so calm recollecting it (sounded like he was ehile detained as well) any of yall seen this one?

Re: Christian Mission to Piedras Negras

Birria De Chivo
  My mistake, Chivis, I used the term "group" instead of "churches" because I don't recognize these so called "churches" as the Church, by no means were I speaking of any humanitarian aid groups, I was referring solely to faith oriented missionaries. Sorry for going so off topic with this.
12