Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

kazquillo
I made this video on the peculiar war between the Tijuana cartel and a former enforcement cell on this side of the border.

Re: Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

Bailador
How many members were there in los Palillos?

Re: Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

Mosco
Interesting. This story shows the fluid international  intermingling of criminals.  TJ and SD Tied at the waist.
You mention the FBI being involved, isn't this DEA  kind of turf?

IMO: These toothpicks were doomed from the start... it seemed like they were gnats annoying a gorilla.  Where are toothpick members now?  Pozole?
Please respond.
Mosco

Re: Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

Los Palillo's timeline:

2002/2003, Palillo's crew gets into a fight at a bar or club, (I think Pulgas, maybe?) or Baby Rock, over a woman, with allegedly Jorge Brisceno aka El Cholo, who was said to be such an asshole, but he was married to Javier Arellano's sister, and was family.

The terms were that Palillo's man had to go, and Palillo rejected the order, Javier had him killed, his cell fled to San Diego, with what money they had acquired, and set up operations, including trafficking marijuana and meth to the midwest, and kidnapping.

In between these years they kidnapped and murdered a dozen people, or more, using TJ tactics, and in one incident emptied out automatic weapons on a police car, leaving an officer a parapelegic.

By 2007, they kidnapped El Mandil, Jorge Tostado Gonzalez, who received a heads up warning from a former associate of a Los Palillo's member, and Mandil, a CAF associate, who trafficked marijuana through Otay and San Ysidro, told his wife, what ultimately saved his life, that if he were to be kidnapped, call the FBI.

He was kidnapped, by a former friend's ruse, and using Nancy Moreno as bait, and his wife did call the FBI, who eventually rescued him.  Los Palillo's in their time, also kidnapped Don Balas son, Erik, and the brother in law of another high ranking Arellano Felix guy.  I will post later.

edit: listened to the video, the Bentley murder in LA, is not part of Los Palillos, it was different entirely rivalry between traffickers in East LA.

Re: Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

El_Bujo
What an incredibly crazy story, Kaz!

I definitely remember them making headlines, yet had no idea this was going on. As you said, it’s the stuff of movies

Side note; can you imagine their lives _after_ they’ve been sentenced? I imagine a lot of dudes on the inside would love a shot and/or have personal vendettas!

Re: Checkout my video on the war between The Tijuana cartel & The Toothpick gang

El_Bujo
Welcome by the way