Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Soliado
The assertions by the defense attorneys representing the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, Joaquin Loera Guzman, left me with the impression that Guzman has become very accustomed to the comforts of home. The fact that his attorneys were trying to deliver "fluffy slippers" is comical. I can just envision him in his cell wearing these slippers. However, for the defense attorney to make an unsubstantiated claim that his client is being subjected to unspecified horrors is ludicrous when one considers Guzman's unabashed criminal history.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chapos-lawyers-condemn-treatment-in-mexico-jail/ar-BBogKdF

AFP

Lawyers for recaptured Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman condemned prison authorities Friday for refusing them access to their client, after being denied permission to bring him fluffy slippers, a toothbrush and other items.

Two of Guzman's lawyers gave an indignant press conference outside his maximum-security prison after they were not allowed to visit their client and bring him clothes and other personal items.

Lawyer Juan Pablo Badillo said he feared for Guzman's health and safety.

                                                              © Provided by AFP

"There's a growing fear (among Guzman's lawyers) that something may happen to him, because it's suspicious that they won't even let his defense attorneys look at him, ask him how he's feeling, what he's been through, whether he's been tortured," he said.

"I hold the prison directors and the interior minister responsible if Mr Guzman is the victim of any illness caused by the cold," said lawyer Jose Luis Gonzalez, showing journalists the items he had packed in a small blue suitcase for his client.

© Provided by AFP Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's lawyer Juan Pablo Badillo gestures as he enters the penitentiary of Almoloya de Juarez, Mexico, on January 15, 2016

Guzman, the kingpin of the powerful Sinaloa drug cartel, escaped from the same prison outside Mexico City on July 11.

He was recaptured a week ago after six months on the run and sent back to prison -- this time with two tanks posted outside and heavily beefed-up security measures.

Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong denies Guzman has been refused access to his lawyers, saying he met with one on Tuesday.

Gonzalez demanded proof of that.

"Not even if they had caught Adolf Hitler alive would they have done to him what they are doing to Mr Guzman," he said in a radio interview earlier this week.

-- Rotating guards --

Guzman was being held under "extra security conditions," Renato Sales, Mexico's National Security commissioner, told Radio Formula.

The government earlier said that "El Chapo" is in a section of the prison where the most dangerous criminals are held -- the same area where he escaped from in July.

Sales however said that this time Guzman is being held in a different wing, and that all the nearby cells are empty. Agents shuffle the fallen drug lord in an unscheduled manner between the different cells.

Furthermore, federal agents with cameras attached to their helmets work in two-hour shifts keeping a strict eye on the prisoner.

Sales said that Guzman has no privileges, not even the ones he enjoyed in his earlier prison stint, and that he was especially upset when forced to get all of his hair cut off.

© Provided by AFP Handout police photograph of Joaquin Guzman Loera aka "El Chapo" taken on January 8, 2016, as he was imprisoned in Almoloya de Juarez, Mexico State

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Bajadrone-2

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

choco
Someone tell his attorneys that they're doing much worse to Jose Manuel Mireles, a hero of the people of Mexico.

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

You know Choco I was thinking exactly the same thing while reading this that Dr. Mireles gets nothing,no visitors,no medications etc.Chapos lawyers afraid if something happens to him,well the tap shuts off.Guess Chapo's embarrassed gov too much and no privledges anymore.It's national security.

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Chimera
Oh, he must have fluffy slippers! Even murdering thugs should have their fluffy slippers, right?

.
.
.

Bwaaaa haaaa haaaaa! Then he could get out of the sierras... and nobody would ever know he was there.

el Jesse James
Say ChapoDamaso, have you heard anything on Tito Beltran? Whats he up to now? And it seems as if Mayitos and Damasos are always going at it, yet I imagine Mayo and Damaso probably get along face to face, no?

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Chimera
aaaaa-rrrrRRIIIIIii-BA

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Sintek
I,v gotta admit I'm very curious as to what the US is planning on doing with him.

I can't figure out if they want to debrief him, and cut him a deal to get evidence on Mexican politicians and goverment members who the US wants out of power for screwing with their operations in Mexico or making them lose face like Chong.

Punish him in symbolic trial to prove no one is out of the US Justice systems reach for the media and history books.

But really all of that is just ideas until he Is physically on US soil.

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

MANO
apoco crees que el potro va brincar las trancas?
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

MANO
Los que tienen mas vidas que los Hermanos Almada,
tienen mas suerte que un gato.
esos Carrillos, nombre, uno que los alimento con sus verduras y ahora ven sus frutos.
Aqui no entre con sus mangonadas. su equipo va por el mismo rumbo que los dinosaurios. ahora vienen los MANOSAURIOS.
jaajajajaja
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Chapo's lawyers condemn treatment in Mexico jail

Siskiyou_Kid
Todavia vives? Como estan los extraterrestres?

Tantas veces que he sobrevivido el fin del mundo ya me creo inmortal.