Chapo caught today

123456 ... 13

Re: Chapo caught today

wow……woke up to this, news like this is shocking it just catches you all at once, in a surreal sort of way….left Culi because of the heat, and was hiding in MZT til he could make it back to the sierras, or further south….wow….

Re: Chapo caught today

Valor
I heard they're preparing a Mexican Marine hanger in order to present "El Chapo" at 13:00 hours...

It was reported that 200 elements are watching over the airport in Mazatlan, flights have been cancelled, cell phones belonging to workers are being taken away at the airport

He's going to be flying in style:

Re: Chapo caught today

I don't know. Different hotel.

Re: Chapo caught today

I wonder how long he's been hiding in plain sight, and kept getting sloppy talking on the phone.

He must enjoy crowds or something. Now he gets to be surrounded by crowds for a long time................

Re: Chapo caught today

Misael
Anon wrote
This is huge and a major game changer.

Not really, doubt much will change.

Re: Chapo caught today

choco
Funny, I went on Tripadvisor and google also... there was no listing for a Miramar Hotel in Mazatlan... strange.  But SK... your photo matches the one Buggs has on the main page... his photo shows the entire front, and to the right you can see the main entrance I think.

Re: Chapo caught today

I know huh?

here is mine, I didn't want to post it on buggs post, it is his.  but people were asking if I would make this

sure looks like him to me

Re: Chapo caught today

Valhalla
@Kid,

Long time, I wrote about this before, he was living on Nayarit side of Bahia de Banderas openly and there was no army of body guards.
I know this because a friend of mine did some repair work on his house and talked with him.
Plus it was a open secret around here.
Same time Calderons chief spy was appointed ambassador to UK and was bullshitting on BBC's "Hardtalk" about how hard it was to find him in Sinaloa mountains.

This was a few years ago and I have no idea where he been since then, seems that PRI is not so good friends with him as PAN.
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Re: Chapo caught today

Bjeff
@Valhalla: Equally respectfully, I don't think so. From what I hear, people in the Ukraine are more fed up with the corruption right now, but I agree that in a longer perspective people will vote according to cultural heritage, and that would not be balkanization, but two fractions. Anyways, if they get absorbed by the European Union in some sort of "You might enter our toll free union in the future"-scheme, I think most big issues will be contained. I guess that was a bit too much Ukraine on an El Chapo-thread, but now that I drank that beer, I could not help myself.

As for Mexico, I think the Sinaloa organization will continue to operate pretty much like it is today. At least one more top dog needs to go first.

The future will tell, but then we might be out of beer! Cheers mate!

Re: Chapo caught today

TexcocoDeMora
I wonder if it was el Mayo the one who give him up?

I don't know if it was police intelligence or a tip the reason he got arrested.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Chapo caught today

Re: Chapo caught today

that is not a hotel it is condos...

Re: Chapo caught today

They must have been close for a little while, when they picked up he had health problems in GDL, over the phone lines….I wonder who gets him, he's under indictment in Chicago, New York, El Paso, probably there other cities….

Re: Chapo caught today

Bjeff

Re: Chapo caught today

Chimera
I am forever the skeptic -- does he really look old enough? Or is that the way his head is being held up?

Re: Chapo caught today

Anon
I considered Benjamin Arellano and Trevino, neither was as big a capture. Here's why, Benjamin was the biggest after the fall of Amado, but he was only the uncontested boss for about five years, and he was at war with Chapo and had problems with the Colombians etc. Cuarenta was an upstart compared to Chapo. Granted he was very violent and fearsome etc., but he was number two in the organization most of his career. So Chapo was a long term, undisputed boss with major international reach. Only Amado Carrillo, Pablo Escobar, the Orejela brothers, the Ochoa brothers, and Juan Garcia Abrego were really at that highest level for a long period of time. Azul and Mayo are at Chapo's level, but they haven't been caught yet. Anyway, after a long digression I think this is Mexico's biggest arrest ever.

Re: Chapo caught today

LeeClaire
Chimera wrote
I am forever the skeptic -- does he really look old enough? Or is that the way his head is being held up?
As long as there isn't any reputable evidence that suggests otherwise, yes, that is El Chapo. And on that note, I totally wasn't expecting him to get caught any time soon. I was also expecting him to go out Pablo Escobar style.

Any odds on if he escapes prison again?

Re: Chapo caught today

elcienporcien

Re: Chapo caught today

There's little dispute that he was the most wanted man in the world, since the killing of Bin Laden.

Re: Chapo caught today

Chimera
But how young he looks for h is age! And, me being a skeptic and suspicious, look how like your picture that looks. About the same pose, same mustache, etc. Not to be any kind of conspiracy theorist or anything, buuuut... I wanna see a perp walk!
123456 ... 13