Chapo caught today

1 ... 10111213

Re: Chapo caught today

LeeClaire
It still blows my mind that they actually caught him. I thought he'd be the last man standing. And I especially didn't think his capture would happen so peacefully. I'd have bet all my money plus that cat over there they would have either never caught him or caught him with about fifty bullets.

Re: Chapo caught today

Pariente
Is it me or does Chapo look so pissed, he likely is reflecting on who could have flipped him. Still can't believe he went down, I always thought he would go guns blazing like Arturo, Tony, etc. with that being said, if El Pena went down who was more M's guy could he have lead them more towards Chaps then M? The whole no security detail makes very little sense but roiling deep only brings more attention than good when you know they are hot on your trail.
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: Chapo caught today

LeeClaire
Pariente wrote
Is it me or does Chapo look so pissed, he likely is reflecting on who could have flipped him. Still can't believe he went down, I always thought he would go guns blazing like Arturo, Tony, etc. with that being said, if El Pena went down who was more M's guy could he have lead them more towards Chaps then M? The whole no security detail makes very little sense but roiling deep only brings more attention than good when you know they are hot on your trail.
I still can't comprehend why such a supposedly smart guy was wandering around cities when the government was on the hunt. After the first of the raids started happening you'd think he would have disappeared back into the Sierras.

Re: Chapo caught today

Cuidado
People keep asking about his security team. The intelligence agencies were monitoring both Chapo and 4 of his personal security teams in the area. As soon as Chapo was distanced from his security the Marina moved in and disabled the few "on watch guards" and were in and out within 8 minutes. His security detail never had time to respond and quickly realized they were severly overwhelmed. Chapo was caught in a bad situation, not ideal at all for his security. Supposedly they were trying to get back to the sierras for over a week but the Marina was everywhere. This is why Chapo was caught, he knew it was coming in Mazatlan. Is 40 in the same prison as Chapo??

Re: Chapo caught today

LeeClaire
Cuidado wrote
People keep asking about his security team. The intelligence agencies were monitoring both Chapo and 4 of his personal security teams in the area. As soon as Chapo was distanced from his security the Marina moved in and disabled the few "on watch guards" and were in and out within 8 minutes. His security detail never had time to respond and quickly realized they were severly overwhelmed. Chapo was caught in a bad situation, not ideal at all for his security. Supposedly they were trying to get back to the sierras for over a week but the Marina was everywhere. This is why Chapo was caught, he knew it was coming in Mazatlan. Is 40 in the same prison as Chapo??
Ah, if the Marina was all over the place it makes sense that he couldn't get back to the Sierra then.

Re: Chapo caught today

Pariente
As we know, the Marina of Mexico is of high regard. They are no joke and like you said if his security team was disabled then they were not even given a chance. I knew he wasnt eternal, in that game everyone's numbers gets called just thought things would go down differently. Could M still be hiding in a hole somewhere as well?
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: Chapo caught today

ToPHeR
Says when they entered his room he tried to reach for the AK and they hit him 4 times which explains the cuts on his face...Also, it's Chapo's own fault for getting caught. He screwed up and left his satellite phone on after he made the last call which let the DEA could triangulate the phone....sloppy!

Re: Chapo caught today

LeeClaire
I wonder if him going for his AK was because he was going to try and escape arrest/go down swinging, or because he thought rivals/traitors were coming to kill him.

Re: Chapo caught today

Pariente
They didn't give him enough time to even attempt to shoot and have someone take his life?! I think he knows what awaits him ADMAX is hell on earth.
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: Chapo caught today

DenStae
I've been reading this blog and the forum now for 2 or 3 years and I just wanted to say thank you to all contributors. I'm from Germany and it is very difficult to find anything about Mexico and/or the Drug War in german media. But Chapos arrest made it on the news and so I hope the whole topic gets more attention in Germany.

Keep the good news coming

Re: Chapo caught today

so there is no mention if he had cash with him d oes anybody think.he was waitng to escape by boat he was near the ocean there is a corrido that says he escaped by boat or submarine when they where close to getting him in los cabos

Re: Chapo caught today

Thats what I was thinking, boat out of Mazatlan across to Baja Sur, and maybe go further south from there, by plane or boat. Really it seems like they had him covered up until that point, they knew what jeep he traveled in from Culican.
1 ... 10111213