Chapo caught today

12345 ... 13

Re: Chapo caught today

ToPHeR
Looks like him!

Re: Chapo caught today

choco
Excellent Valor!!  Altho it's not a good head on shot, he does look pretty different, no?

EDIT: after comparing this shot and one of the old ones (on the NYT site), it does look like him... just from a different angle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/world/americas/joaquin-guzman-loera-sinaloa-drug-cartel-leader-is-captured-in-mexico.html?hp&_r=0

Re: Chapo caught today

choco
@Chimera   Remember the story that Chivis posted when Z40 was captured... it took a DEA agent from the US to break the story, a half day or so after 40 was captured... he did it cus he was afraid the Mexican govt would not announce it, so he forced their hand.

The Mexican govt *may* have been waiting for their bribe(s) to let Chapo go?  Just speculating... but the DEA agent who released the 40 capture story was worried the news might not be released by the Mexican govt.

Re: Chapo caught today

choco
This post was updated on .
Buggs is reporting this on main page... not sure of source, maybe El Universal?

US requesting extradition per this report.

"Guzman was arrested in a hotel in Mazatlan and was immediately transported to Mexico City where they will verify his identity through fingerprints, DNA and teeth. Mexican authorities will attempt to sort out El Chapo's legal status and deicide on the request from U.S. government for his extradition to be dedicated in that country, according to U.S. government official’s statements provided to another US media source."

Buggs also says Mexican govt confirmed to El Universal.

Re: Chapo caught today

ToPHeR
Reports are saying he was arrested with a female companion...

Re: Chapo caught today

IF this is him what do those of you who are closer to this situation think will happen as far as future violence, power grabs, etc? I would absolutely applaud Mexico if this is him, but I also worry as well because that leaves a big seat to be filled. Also, what if he turns informant?

Re: Chapo caught today

Valhalla

I guess it's true, from BBC:

The United States says one of the the world's most wanted drug barons, Joaquin Guzman, known as El Chapo or Shorty, has been arrested in Mexico.

He was the leader of the Sinaloa cartel, which smuggles huge amounts of illegal drugs into the US.

'Shorty' Guzman had been on the run since escaping a high security prison in a laundry basket in 2001.

He was arrested in Sinaloa state, in a joint operation with United States anti-drugs forces.

Guzman was at a hotel in the north-western resort of Mazatlan, the AP news agency reported.

The US state department had offered a reward of up to $5m (£3.2m) for information leading to his arrest.

He has been indicted on federal trafficking charges and US officials want him extradited if he is ever captured.

Several close associates of 'Shorty' Guzman had been arrested over the past two years in the US and Mexico.

Forbes magazine has estimated Guzman's fortune at about $1bn (£600m).
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Chapo caught today

El Nayaloense
I guess i dont understand why the man would be out in the open when you know things are hot. It didnt occur to him with all the heat on Mayo that it was all a distraction to get him? Havent heard anything about his security being or not being there too. And if you know theyte catching big fish toss your phones etc.. lay low

I believe it

El_Cuatro_Veinte
That makes 28 captured or killed out of the 37.

Re: Chapo caught today

The hotel where he was supposedly found sleeping?????????????

Re: Chapo caught today

Bjeff
Excellent! Good day today. Ukraine's corrupt government is falling and Chapo arrested. I'll drink to that!

Re: Chapo caught today

TexcocoDeMora
WOW THIS IS SOME BIG NEWS. PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT CHAPO GUZMAN GIVING UP MAYO ZAMBADA'S PEOPLE TO THE POLICE AND LOOK WHO GETS ARRESTED.

http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Chapo caught today

El Nayaloense
Looks a little different in other pictures ive seen..

Re: Chapo caught today

Anon
This is the biggest arrest in the history of the drug war. Think about it. They didn't arrest Pablo Escobar, he was killed. Amado Carrillo died in surgery. The closest actual arrests would have been the Orejela Brothers and Juan Garcia Abreggo. Very few Capos have been at El Chapo's level. This is huge and a major game changer.

Re: Chapo caught today

Siskiyou_Kid
Miguel Treviño Morales

Re: Chapo caught today

Nuttz

Re: Chapo caught today

I know this is a crappy photo of the back. I'm trying to bring up the front on Google earth, but the new version is giving me headaches.

Re: Chapo caught today

Valor
been in the works for four or five weeks, a U.S. official said.

"a Mexican-led operation, but one with very strong U.S. government support." - a senior administration official said

Re: Chapo caught today

Valhalla
@Bjeff,

Respectfully I have to disagree, Ukraine will be balkanized and if the stories of Chapos power are even close to truth, so will the narco structure in western Mexico be, and that means more violence and strife.
But I take my coronas anyway
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Re: Chapo caught today

Valor

Here's a picture that's circulating on Twitter
12345 ... 13