Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

Siskiyou_Kid

El Chapo Guzman and "La Barbie" Organize 1,000 Inmate Hunger Strike

Posted on Sun Jul 20, 2014 at 08:47:00 AM EST

Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, arrested in February, is in solitary confinement at Altiplano Maximum Security Prison. Édgar Valdez Villarreal, aka "La Barbie" is in the same prison. The two at one time worked together, but later became enemies when La Barbie jumped ship to Beltran-Leyva. But their joint interest in the conditions of their confinement apparently trump old feuds, as the two have engineered a hunger strike (article in spanish)among 1,000 of the prison's inmates, to protest the violation of their human rights. It began Wednesday, and will continue indefinitely. [More...]

Among their complaints: [More...]

    inadequate medical attention and not providing medication
    rotten food (20 inmates got sick last week from eating spoiled chicken.)
    not regularly laundering their prison uniforms
    no underwear
    no access to commissary to buy toiletries
    withholding of family visits and phone calls

In May, at another Mexican maximum security prison, 450 inmates got food poisoning from rotten or contaminated food served during family visits. (State prisons in the U.S. also have this problem.)

Interestingly, while the two are not housed near each other or allowed to communicate with each other, and El Chapo is in solitary confinement, they were still able to jointly develop their planned hunger strike and implement it. It sounds to me like El Chapo and El Barbie have cell phones. If Mexico thought imprisoning El Chapo would neutralize him, it was wrong.

This isn't La Barbie's first hunger strike at Altiplano. Nor are they the first to complain about Altiplano. One of the major druglords of the 70's and 80's, Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo, has been at Altiplano for over 20 years. His family wrote a letter with similar complaints that was published in 2011.

    They claim he is being held in "inhuman" circumstances in a special lockdown section amid "unhealthy conditions, humidity, a lack of ventilation, bad odors and darkness."

A 2013 report on the state of Mexico's prisons found:

    Overpopulation and poor prison conditions not only are turning Mexican penitentiaries into time bombs, but they also are making it impossible to meet the Constitution’s goal of reintegrating inmates into society. Under these conditions, convicts’ human rights are vulnerable and constantly violated.

From the U.S. State Department's 2013 report on human rights in Mexico:

    ©orruption, overcrowding, prisoner abuse, alcohol and drug addiction, and loss of security and control were prevalent in most facilities. As of August 31, a total of 1,060 prisoners had filed complaints with the CNDH alleging human rights abuses while in detention.

    ...Health and sanitary conditions were poor, and most prisons did not offer psychiatric care. Prisons often were staffed with poorly trained, underpaid, and corrupt guards, and authorities occasionally placed prisoners in solitary confinement indefinitely. Prisoners often had to bribe guards to acquire food, medicine, and other necessities.

    ...The CNDH reported in September 2012 that organized crime controlled 60 percent of prisons. The CNDH indicated that prisons in the Federal District, Mexico State, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Quintana Roo, Oaxaca, Guerrero, Tabasco, and Nayarit had the worst prison conditions.

How's this for a disconnect? The American Correctional Association started accrediting Mexico's prisons in 2008. We provided training and sent officials to conduct audits.

    Sponsored by the Merida Initiative, an agreement between the governments of the United States, Mexico and other Central American nations, the accreditation by ACA of the facilities of the Mexico Federal Prison System signifies the commitment of the governments of Mexico and the United States in combatting the drug-related violence that is gripping Mexico.

One of the first four to apply was Altiplano. In an audit in 2012, it passed with flying colors:

    CEFERESO No. 1 "Altiplano": 100 percent compliance on mandatory standards and 94.2 percent compliance on non-mandatory standards.

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=377621
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2014/7/20/32748/4440/crimenews/El-Chapo-Guzman-and-La-Barbie-Organize-1-000-Inmate-Hunger-Strike

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

One slight problem cell phones dont work there and  whoever is monitoring the miridia initiative funds is doing a lousy job or embarrased to admit it was the worst decision ever.u.s citizens are sick in love with the entairtainment world they got beiber fever who cares about tax dollars what they cant see cant hurt them .

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

Siskiyou_Kid
Yeah, I would imagine that either the guards are helping them communicate, they are skimming kites, or they aren't really working together.

Proceso has been publishing some real BS lately, but I think it would be possible for Chapo to rally the prisoners.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

deelucky1
Well if the food is making you sick you dont order seconds thats for sure.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

el Spaceio
hunger strikes are a joke.

 when I was in prison in my state if you go on a hunger strike all they do is wait 3 or 4 days I forget maybe 5 days and if you don't eat.

 they will get a court order to strap you down and put a feeding tube in your nose
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

spike151
El Spaceio , if you know a thing or two about the law you can get a Court Order for feeding overturned. I was quite interested in your footer too , equal rights for every honest PERSON on this planet. If you admit to being a person , you have no rights ! Defined in blacks law ( all editions) PERSON= Artificial Entity , Coporate Soul , Legal Fiction. I doubt you would ever define yourself as any of the above

Person is a " tag " the government puts on you after 7 years old if you are male , to create joinder between El Spaceio the human being , and the straw man created by the government by issuing a birth certificate. This allows them to treat you like you are a corporation. You know if the government are addressing your strawman in letter if you get mail to " MR EL SPACEIO, if they are addressing the human it would be addressed as El Spaceio , the former is termed Capitalis Diminutio Maxima , meaning you have lost all rights , the latter is Capitalis Diminutio Minima , meaning loss of a few rights.

Not knowing the Law is no defence in court.

I would change out person for Human Being in your footer , and it would make more sense.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

not sure I believe this.  solitary means by ones self meals in cell.  actually all the cells are solitary.
I will put it up on mainboard and let the vultures have at it

as prisons go it is a comfortable one.  not the lux life as  the capos lived prior...but its prison, they are just pissed because money is not going to get a bar and women in a home away from home cell.

let them starve to death, that will take care of the issue

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

el Spaceio
if and that's a big if you can get a feeding order overturned

it still takes time

prison goes ask judge to sign then come strap you down and feed you

you have no time to get lawyer to stop it

plus I highly highly doubt you can stop feeding because its something that happens all the times in US prisons

the prison is obligated to protect you from yourself or others

I don't think they can let you commit suicide by starvation

that's why they want 1000 people to do it because it takes a lot of time to do all the feeding tubes they think it will bother the system

but the system don't care it would place 10,000 feeding tubes if need be

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

spike151
Well if you were thinking ahead , and you wanted to go on hunger strike would you not forwarn your legal council that you intended to go on hunger strike , and have him draw up papers in advance , an injunction against the state doing anything.

Even though you are a prisoner you still have rights , its up to you to find out what they are and how they can be applied. You do realise that you have a " kings bench " court in USA which tries cases and makes judgements based only on common law. In this court the " jury " decides what is law and how it may be applied , as opposed to statutory court , where the judge decides what the law is and how it is applied.

Any judge from statutory jurisdiction that makes an order that you can be fed requires your consent. Any Statute or Act of government is a CONTRACT and may be legal but unlawful at the same time , and any contract requires the agreement of both parties. The prison system relies on the inmates not knowling the law as it applies to prisoners to take advantage of your human rights.

Law is, and only can be common law , you wont cause loss or harm to a human being or his or her property. Everything else is a statute or act of government and requires consent which the state assumes , unless you remove all rights of usufruct ( them doing what they think is good for you) ab initio, you consent to.

Everyone should know this information if they dont want to be taken advantage of their whole lives. At least this holds in countries where common law and statue or act of goverment run side by side. UK , USA except Louisiana , all of UK commonwealth and Israel.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

I just saw that anabel Hernandez wrote this.  no wonder....

question for you kid...and any other person of Sinaloa knowledge

have you ever seen this tattoo what groups uses it, if you know?

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

spike151
Looks like Los Antrax to me , that's a guess since the picture is actually called Antrax tats. The closest I can find is the Mexican Mafia tats , but their circle sun shines outwards , the one in this tat shines inwards.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

ignore my label the Antrax Tats I did that.

ok...a friend of mine needed to know if it truly represented antrax, because it was sent to him.  He is an author of books on Mexican cults.

I just wondered if someone knew so I can tell tony one way or the other

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

1966tinman
Chapo Guzman and La Barbie should ask to be extradited to the U.S. and maybe end up in Post , Texas . I was held for 90 days in that  West Texas county jail that actually had a section inside an INS facility run by a private company . As a county inmate , we were not allowed to have any contact with the INS prisoners . The kitchen detail was made up of mostly  Mexicans serving 5 year sentences  for illegal re-entry .  All the meals were served to us in our cell block which had a big screen TV complete with HBO and Dish Latino . Every meal was served with fresh tortillas ,  jalapenos , and homemade salsa .   On Saturdays and Sundays we were served menudo and beef caldo .  The prison was well run and there was very little trouble with the inmates . Whenever I pass by the town where the facility is located with my construction crew I always point to the place that serves the best menudo and caldo in the world .

If you really look at the tattoo , its actually an A and a L , so unless you can get a picture of one on a dead Los Antrax sicario , I think the L and A represent a high chance it is from them.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

el Spaceio
spike

no one has the right to commit suicide

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

Siskiyou_Kid
El Spaceio, I assume you're talking about the rights of prisoners to take their own life during a hunger strike.

However, in many places, including my home, it is legal for terminally ill people to take their own life, with a physician's assistance.

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

el Spaceio
yes Siskiyou I am talking about the prisoners

i do know some states allow terminally ill people to commit suicide
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

Maddy

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

Maddy

Re: Chapo and Barbie put their heads together and organize a hunger strike

spike151
I disagree , there were many hunger strikers amongst IRA prisoners in Northern Ireland including Bobby Sands many of whom died. There are unfortunately many people over the world dying of hunger strike.

The idea is to draw attention to your cause whatever that may be , I dont think any of them want to become martyrs as they might call themselves. To have any standing in the world , amongst peers , you have to stand up , and be counted. In blacks law dictionary the word RESIST = to stand up. In statute law if you dont resist something you comply to it by aquiescence. Hence the Police have a charge of resisting arrest. They want you to have no standing. Much easier for the Courts/police/bar association/attorneys to get a conviction if you just accept what they are doing .
12