Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Mica
According to AP, he was just transferred.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Mica
Juarez is the new spot.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

NorCal

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Cuidado
Sent him to Juarez of all places.  Thats ironic..Who runs this prison??

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

J. Stewart
Has Chapo/CDS any influence in Juarez at all or is it hostile territory for him?

In another forumthread there was a post mentioning that Gente Nueva was moving in to Juarez. Is there any truth to that and is there any links/sources to confirm that GN is moving in hard?

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Texan24
No not at all. Chapos people have been getting caught like day and night in Juarez especially in El Valle but top Sinaloa Cartel operators in Juarez are still free. Also in la sierra in Guachochi La Linea has been causing havoc since last Sept and there hae been shoots outs that havent been reported.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

jlopez
Chapo Guzman will be among friends in Juarez Cefereso 9:

El Diario.mx (diario.mx/Local/2016-05-07_e25e68de/reunen-a-guzman-con-sus-complices/)
Sunday May 8, 2016.

"Guzman is Reunited with his Accomplices

Joaquin :El Chapo: Guzman was incarcerated in the Cefereso No. 9 where four of his alleged accomplices were also transferred last January after his recapture in Los Mochis, Sinaloa, among them the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel gunmen, identified as Ivan Gastelum Avila, "El Cholo Ivan".

According to unofficial sources, Gastelum Avila is facing charges of homicide, crimes against health, in the form of possession of marijuana, possession and trafficking of cocaine and meth, unlawful possession of firearms intended for use by the Army, Navy and Air Force, possession of cartridges amd carrying a firearm without a permit.

In January, El Chapo was recaptured along with four men and two women, the (Mexican) Office of Attorney General reported (PGR).

At that time, the men were incarcerated in the Cefereso No. 9 in Juarez, while the women were taken to the prison in Morelos.

The PGR did not release the names of those incarcerated not the Federal District Court they were assigned to. However, it was learned that El Cholo and three other men who were detained in Los Mochis were among them.

But, in addition to his accomplices, El Chapo is incarcerated with members of adversarial gangs, such as Aztecas, the enforcement arm of the Carrillo Fuentes (Cartel), with whom he has fought to the death for control of that area used for trafficking drugs into the United States, as well as members of Los Zetas, who have been transferred from other parts of the country, which has triggered an alert by prison authorities."

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Mica
Now some judge in Mexico says he can be extradited. I would not be surprised if this was planned with the jail move and it happens in the next few days.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

ToPHeR
Media here is going crazy with the extradition.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Chava

Family members tell me that Juarez is "full of soldiers all over the place". My brother says that ever since Sunday morning, helicopters have been flying over Juarez and El Paso, some marked military, some unmarked. Leads me to believe that the Mexican or U.S. govts will use a helicopter to transfer Chapo to the U.S. I don't think the govt will announce the transfer.
One important detail: Mexico's amparo law allows the president to bypass all due process in the name of national security. Right now, Chapo's lawyers have about nine amparo petitions pending in several Mexican courts and are counting on appeals if these amparos get dismissed. But if Pena Nieto has decided to extradite Chapo, no amparo can save him. Given all that has happened, I think that EPN has decided to extradite Chapo. It will happen without notice and there will probably be so many helicopters in the air at the same time that nobody will be able to tell which one is carrying Chapo. And if I was paranoid, I would decide at the last minute which helicopter would be used to transfer the guy.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

jlopez
One last thought: I find it significant that it is the California court's case that Chapo is getting extradited for. I understand this is the oldest case. If so, Chapo will accumulate convictions as he goes from one trial to the next. That ensures that he will have several priors if he decides to negotiate a plea agreement. Readers will remember that after he was recaptured, Chapo announced he wanted to be extradited. Once he drew everybody's attention, he changed his mind and continued to fight extradition. I think he used up most of his favors.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

I read the Brooklyn Homeland Security Investigations case is the one he will be tried on....I think the CA one is at least 15 years old....The most recent ones will be the one they use, as they are stronger cases.

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Although, the Chicago cases, because of the Flores Twins testimony I would think could be a strong option....

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Cuidado
The head of the Mexican Federal Prison system today said Chapo was not moved to Juarez to be extradited. He said why would they move him there, inmates awaiting extradition are always sent to Hermasillo Jail in Northwest Mexico?  As usual they are muddying the waters. Whats really going on?

Re: Chapo Transferred to jail closer to US Border

Cuidado
The NY Post said he is bieng extradited to New York next month.  However it doesnt say who their source is..