Cd. Acuna

Bullet 21
Hey , whats the word on Acuna. Never hear much about it. It seems to be a safer place to be. Any recent info would be appreciated.

Re: Cd. Acuna

Surf City
The old "no news is good news" applies presently.
When Chapo came to town last May hanging the banners promising to clean the city of vermin (Zs)
and the violence at that time...the chief killed etc..since then nothing out of the ordinary.  That was a strange blast of violence, like a toe in the water.  But I am predicting this year, Chapo will be back and be very serious about it.

Like waiting to exhale

Re: Cd. Acuna

Frontera
Parts of Acuna appear as a ghost town. Z’s literally control it all, with a couple of gambling houses, ±37 tenitas and recently they are targeting the MX side of Amistad Dam (restaurant, boat launch etc) to control.

The out migration from Acuna to Del Rio cannot be understated for those who have investment resources, which is obvious with property that has changed hands.

The Port of Entry into Acuna has been upgraded….but no tourist to see it…such a shame.

Surf City is correct about Chapo, banners went up, and some people were excited………and then nothing changed.

Re: Cd. Acuna

Surf City
This is all true...what I meant is, for the years Zs have quietly owned the plaza...they are there, we know them, we see them, we know the dirty deeds...but they move about in realative peace.  Unchallenged to any great degree.

Two things have happened...last May inadvertantly helped the Zs.  By appearing to be stronger than Chapo, they necame feared even greater.  Tourism tanked, quotas unpaid, businesses seized.  I did not know about Amistad.  The chief's body was dumped in the parking lot of the burned out candy warehouse and blocks from one of my offices.

In tandem...maquilas were hitting the skids, big layoffs, and those such as the big migrant population from Vera Cruz..simply packed up, called it a day and jammed back home.  This was the other factor creating a "ghost town"

and then...
maquila business started to boom, at certain maquilas..

My friend's son is VP at Tecate...he called me the week for Christmas..knowing I work through-out the city and know many citizens..he says, good news, business is fantastic...bad news we cannot access a work force, they have left Acuña.  Please put the word out there are jobs waiting.

Re: Cd. Acuna

Qurious
Any info on Crosby's and other businesses on Hildago ?  saw a Manuels steakhouse in Del Rio--did he close his Acuna restaurant? Also heard about the Chevrolet dealership being exhorted out of several Suburbans.

Is everybody paying protection?  Any nightlife ?  How about the "Hill"---???

Re: Cd. Acuna

f678
crosbys is closed . hill an  manjuels still there, nx Q....

Re: Cd. Acuna

13
My buddy said that acuna's top zeta had been taken Back to Monterrey & probably killed because he was getting out of line. He said that the new zeta who replaced him is like 30 years old & that he runs a pretty quiet operation. Anyone heard anything about this?