Cartels using emp type equipments?

Jalisko1
Just got bacck from Jalisco tala / ameca region and was very surprised. Asked couple cousins about who owns that region just out of curiousity and they said mencho but they also mentioned that it’s easy to know when he around because supposedly he has a emp type weapon with him at all time and I couldn’t believe none of that and one weekend there ( out in the sierra of course ) out the blues we lose signal to everything no tv worked house phone cell phones nothing so was very surprised and left me wondering what it could have been ? Anyone every hear any stories about cartels using similiar tactics? I didn’t get to physically see any hit man or nothing like that so can’t verify it was cartel members doing what ever it was being done

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Stunning if true.  Nothing would surprise me however with this monster.  His passion is war weapons, but not as a lark, always with purpose.  That is what is scary.  I could easily see him attacking a stadium of people or similar to send the gob a message.

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Ciro
Its actually not that hard to do that.  I would think most cartels have that technology

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

That would be incredible and possible.  It's a hell of a strategy to stop helicopters and communication of the military on an attack.  The only caveat, it would also temporarily disabled his own communication and vehicles.

Thanks for sharing.
Following this thread!

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

they do not....we must not be talking about the same thing.  but others more informed than me about this should weigh in

US military just began using them 4 years ago...russia a little over a year ago.

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Gizzle_WON
I dont think he would have something that would impair frequencies that goverment relays have. But open source frequencies like ones from cell phones or certain radios they could build a pretty elaborate blocker using chinese equipment. I think if he did have something like this it would be so locals who might see him or a narco caravan cant call or send messages that might alert the local authorities or anyone else in that sense. The only people that have a chance is at a federal level

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Would it not be pretty easy to find him if you surveil areas where electricity suddenly disappears for no apparent reason?

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Uday
Great topic guys! Cartels earn billions of dollars.This is not joke.We have to brainstorm.In Mexico it is now possible to see advanced drones.

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Ciro
my bad i miss read it. yeah no way the have a emp.

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Uday
@Ciro why ?

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Danny Ocean has some friends...

The audio attacks that you have heard about at the US embassy in Cuba and elsewhere.  I could see this technology being used in the next decade in Mexico.  I am certain that criminals in Russia and China would certainly sell this when it is compact enough.

Well for starters what he is describing sounds like a frequency jammer.  I can research some more but I believe a emp devices kills all electrical devices so what good is that going to do .disable your own communications devices.  Second its miltary hardware I would like to believe its not excessible.  Maybe you could get one in Eastern europe and thats a maybe.

What most embassys have is a Stingray.  It simulates a cell phone tower then routes traffic to areal cell phone tower.  Putting you in the middle of the connection.

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Jalisko1
Thanks all for your guys /girls opinions. I’m sure it’s not a emp just didn’t know how to explain it lol but glad you understand but im sure it has something to do wit the frequency

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Uday
I've always said these guys make a billion dollars.They can even reach heat-guided missiles.

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Char

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Ciro
Yes all wireless signals operate at a certain frequency wifi for example is 2.4 ghz

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Thats like 1950’s stuff they have back up battery or gas powered back up in the modern days

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

EcHIloc2019
I hate to sound like a smart az but some of the comments on here daily are way off and mislead people. “Frequency jammers” or cell phone jammers have been for sale online for a long time. A “Stingray” is an old outdated technology now that some law enforcement departments across the US and of course federal agencies were using years ago. A stingray doesn’t disable or jam frequencies. As far as them using an “EMP” it sounds like someone has been playing too much Call of Duty. There’s no technology that you can turn off and on to block all the things described above. I’ve lived in MX including Jalisco and if you ask enough people you’ll for sure find out Tupac, Elvis and JFK are all living in a haunted house guarded by packs of chupacabras and UFOs. Ask Chapo he’ll tell you all about the aliens. EMP lol hilarious!

Re: Cartels using emp type equipments?

Ciro
 Frequency jammers have been around for 20 years and probably stingrays too.  You our correct sorry if i caused confusion.  You can make your own stingray with a SDR.....
12