Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

Mica
Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them
We have seen stuff like this before, but this is more detailed than previous.  All though I admit the source is a blog.  Still worth sharing.

Mexican drug traffickers help Islamic terrorists stationed in Mexico cross into the United States to explore targets for future attacks, according to information forwarded to Judicial Watch by a high-ranking Homeland Security official in a border state. Among the jihadists that travel back and forth through the porous southern border is a Kuwaiti named Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir, an ISIS operative who lives in the Mexican state of Chihuahua not far from El Paso, Texas. Khabir trained hundreds of Al Qaeda fighters in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen and has lived in Mexico for more than a year, according to information provided by JW’s government source.

Now Khabir trains thousands of men—mostly Syrians and Yemenis—to fight in an ISIS base situated in the Mexico-U.S. border region near Ciudad Juárez, the intelligence gathered by JW’s source reveals. Staking out U.S. targets is not difficult and Khabir actually brags in an Italian newspaper article published last week that the border region is so open that he “could get in with a handful of men, and kill thousands of people in Texas or in Arizona in the space of a few hours.” Foreign Affairs Secretary Claudia Ruiz, Mexico’s top diplomat, says in the article that she doesn’t understand why the Obama administration and the U.S. media are “culpably neglecting this phenomenon,” adding that “this new wave of fundamentalism could have nasty surprises in store for the United States.”

This disturbing development appears on the Open Source Enterprise, the government database that collects and analyzes valuable material from worldwide print, broadcast and online media sources for the U.S. intelligence community. Only registered federal, state and local government employees can view information and analysis in the vast database and unauthorized access can lead to criminal charges. Updated data gathered on Khabir reveals he’s 52 years old and was ordered to leave Kuwait about a decade ago over his extremist positions. Khabir is currently on ISIS’s (also known as ISIL) payroll and operates a cell in an area of Mexico known as Anapra, according to the recently obtained information.

A year ago Judicial Watch reported on an ISIS camp in this exact area, just a few miles from El Paso. JW’s April 14, 2015 report identified Anapra as the location of the ISIS base, details that were provided to JW by sources that include a Mexican Army field grade officer and a Mexican Federal Police Inspector. Anapra is situated just west of Ciudad Juárez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. At the time JW reported that another ISIS cell was established to the west of Ciudad Juárez, in Puerto Palomas to target the New Mexico towns of Columbus and Deming. Sources told JW that, during the course of a joint operation, Mexican Army and federal law enforcement officials discovered documents in Arabic and Urdu, as well as “plans” of Fort Bliss – the sprawling military installation that houses the US Army’s 1st Armored Division. Muslim prayer rugs were recovered with the documents during the operation.

A few months later JW reported that Mexican drug cartels are smuggling Middle Eastern terrorists into a small Texas rural town near El Paso and that they’re using remote farm roads—rather than interstates—to elude the Border Patrol and other law enforcement barriers. The foreigners are classified by the U.S. government as Special Interest Aliens (SIA) and they are transported to stash areas in Acala, a rural crossroads located around 54 miles from El Paso on a state road – Highway 20. Once in the U.S., the SIAs wait for pick-up in the area’s sand hills just across Highway 20. At the time JW’s government sources revealed that terrorists have long entered the U.S. through Mexico and in fact, an internal Texas Department of Public Safety report leaked by the media documents that several members of known Islamist terrorist organizations have been apprehended crossing the southern border in recent years.

Earlier this year, as part of an ongoing investigation into national security risks in the porous southern border, JW obtained evidence that proves the U.S. government has known for more than a decade about the partnership between terrorists and Mexican drug cartels. State Department documents made public by JW in January say that for at least ten years “Arab extremists” have entered the country through Mexico with the assistance of smuggling network “cells.” Among them was a top Al Qaeda operative wanted by the FBI. Some Mexican smuggling networks actually specialize in providing logistical support for Arab individuals attempting to enter the United States, the government documents say. The top Al Qaeda leader in Mexico was identified in the September 2004 cable from the American consulate in Ciudad Juárez as Adnan G. El Shurkrjumah. The cable was released to Judicial Watch under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Source: http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/04/cartels-help-terrorists-in-mexico-get-to-u-s-to-explore-targets-isis-militant-shaykh-mahmood-omar-khabir-among-them/

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

That could very well be.There has been talk of this and hey maybe US wants to keep this low profile so as not to alarm people but then again Judicial Watch is an extreme right wing entity so I would tread carefully.In that Mexican operation did they do arrests and deportations or is the mordidas too good?

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

juris
Not buying it.  Cartels want a relatively free america where people buy their product.  Having a dirty bomb go off in nyc or Chicago is not conducive to business.
DRB

DRB
Right wing BS

Don't think the cartels think that far in advance to possible consequences and even if the top guy does what's to stop the people on the ground greasing their own palm or an Arab could go incognito saying they are not a terrorist or just another Spanish speaking person from the Middle East living in Spain.After all the terrorist isn't going to blow the whistle on himself.He's going to be low key and isn't going to let anyone know his plans lest he get 'extorted'.

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

jlopez
A few months ago I was driving south from Santa Fe on a New Mexico highway. Coming off the  Ortiz Mountains onto the flats, I drove around a curve and saw off to the right, in the brush about 50 yards behind the barbed wire fence, two camels. Huge suckers! My first reaction was, "WTF!?" My second reaction was likewise, "WTF!?"

A friend reminded me that there were stories in the right wing press about ISIS infiltrators, and these camels were obviously the first wave. That explains it. Maybe I could have followed them back to the terrorist camp...?

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

Bajadrone-2

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

huero minuto
Whatever happened to the " chapo used to slip across to visit" bruhaha?  Did he or didn't he?  I guess we'll never know.
Jstanothercoyo

Bajadrone: Those bombs would be totally ineffective. You would eat one or more, they would go off, and you would simply attribute your bloated stomach to normal gas. ISIS needs to do more cultural research into Mexican food.

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

Bajadrone-2

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

manuel2984ny

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

What is right wing or liberal left talk in a forum that contains many theories and conspiracy talks?  I am black, so I guess that I can play the race card?

If you can help yourself, try and keep politics and personal attacks out of this.

No one's attacking you personally Mica just attacking the right wing theorists in general.I myself am somewhat right wing but sometimes some of these like Judicial Watch you might need to take with a grain of salt.Just read some of the other articles and you will see what I mean but we all appreciate your contribution and you are right this forum is about debate whether we agree with views or not otherwise why even have a forum?It does open up the mind to other scenarios and possibilities that 1 may not have thought of.

Re: Cartels Help Terrorists in Mexico Get to U.S. to Explore Targets; ISIS Militant Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir Among Them

el Jesse James
Call me crazy.. Id think most cartel members are just as much infidel as any guero. Mexicans have a mostly Catholic culture, and well you know, every "non-believer" must be beheaded and all that. Not to mention anyone with any sort of vision will see that facilitating terrorism on their #1 customer is very short-sighted.