Cartel map of Veracruz as of March 2017

Bjeff

Veracruz, in terms of security, is nothing but a product of the mess left by 12 years of pacts, agreements and collusion between members of organized crime with the 2 most corrupt governors that Veracruz has had in recent years, Fidel Herrera Beltrán and Javier Duarte de Ochoa.

Yunes was not able to do anything more than trying in these first 3 months, nor in 6 as he said in campaign, nor do we believe that he will manage to eradicate this in 1 year, with the magnitude of criminals operating throughout Veracruz, which hardly will end soon and could go to worse now if they are fought, cornered and stopped by security forces.

Do not cast blame on Yunes Linares, who took office 3 months ago or what is the same as 93 days in power. He has done what is humanly possible to stop this massacre between criminal groups, as well as the wave of crimes that impact Veracruz these days, with a background of 12 years of corruption and pacts with the bad guys. Yunes, nor the federal government, with all the support that it is sending will eradicate this scourge inherited by Fidel Herrera and Javier Duarte in the short term.

Investigations into the death of 11 people in Boca del Rio, Veracruz, point to the New Generation Jalisco Cartel (CJNG), revealed sources of the highest level of security.

Cells of this organization, considered one of the most violent to intimidate rivals, have a presence in the conurbation of the port of Veracruz-Boca del Rio since the beginning of the administration of Javier Duarte in 2011, when they were presented as "The Matazetas "and left 35 bodies in front of the WCT.

On October 6 of that year, 32 bodies were found in homes of Costa de Oro , Costa Verde and Mocambo, Boca del Río; And four more in the Colony Coyol in Veracruz. Cases that were silenced by Duarte de Ochoa and his public security secretary, Arturo Bermúdez Zurita, now imprisoned in a Veracruz prison.

Since then the CJNG has maintained a hegemony in that territory with the control of bars, narcomenudeo, extorsion, among other crimes, according to the federal investigations.

With this resettlement the criminal organizations at least six zones of Veracruz are disputed, and that include cells of the Cartels of Sinaloa and the Gulf.

A map drawn by federal forces shows that organized crime cells are disputed in at least six regions of Veracruz: Panuco; Poza Rica-Tuxpan; Xalapa-Coatepec; Veracruz-Boca del Río-Medellin; Tezonapa-Córdoba-Orizaba-Mendoza; And the Coatzacoalcos-Minatitlán-Tierra Blanca corridor.

According to military commanders, criminal groups operate in a fragmented manner and in rare cases in alleged alliances to confront a particular rival.

In the collection of information, federal forces have detected sporadic unions of Sinaloa and Jalisco crime groups to confront Zetas, which in turn have been fragmented as in the group called "La Vieja Escuela" or group 35-Z, Or the CJNG with the CDG to control territories in the south of the state.

However, for military commanders, the CJNG has managed to penetrate most of the State in the last six years with all the complicity of the state authorities (Javier Duarte de Ochoa-Arturo Bermúdez Zurita).

Last February 28, 2017 two cartel members were killed by elements of the Navy in the Fraccionamiento Villa Rica, in Boca del Rio, in a confrontation that lasted for almost two hours and where the naval units were even attacked with grenades.

On January 31, three sailors were kidnapped in Colonia Infonavit Buenavista of the port of Veracruz, since then the Navy has carried out a series of patrols, by air and land, to locate them.

One day after the killings of the two suspected assailants and alleged members of organized crime, 11 bodies were reported to have been abandoned, also in Boca del Rio.

Territorial control and land rights are brutal in Veracruz, this product of so many years of allowing them to operate and seize the entire state, which today causes conflicts between cartels and the forces of order.

Source:
http://www.notinfomex.mx/2017/03/el-mapa-del-narco-en-veracruz-herencia.html

Re: Cartel map of Veracruz as of March 2017

Itzli
I saw this map the other day but didn't take the time to post it.  Region 1 is considered part of the Tampico metropolitan area and, therefore, has been in the past controlled by the Sur faction of the Gulf Cartel.  I find CDG presence in region 5 interesting, it is close to the borders with Puebla and Oaxaca and an area that "El Lucky" used to control.

Re: Cartel map of Veracruz as of March 2017

Bjeff
I thought El Lucky controlled the whole state.

I find it hard to believe that both the previous governors were in bed with CJNG. I was pretty sure that happened quite recently. If I remember correctly someone reported that members of los Zetas said it just became harder to fight now that the government had turned in CJNG's direction. Could it be that they meant the current governor?

I also wonder what the background of 35Z is, obviously former Zetas, but what are their allegiance and why the name?

Re: Cartel map of Veracruz as of March 2017

Itzli
He may have controlled the whole state of Veracruz, at the time of his arrest I recall he was described as being in control of Veracruz, Puebla, and Oaxaca.  He was arrested in Region 5 and from what I recall reading, it seemed that area was his seat of power so to speak, therefore, I find it interesting that the area seems to be a CDG hotspot now.

If memory serves me correctly, CJNG got there foothold in Boca del Rio around the time of the famous massacre due to a cell of Los Zetas in the area joining with them and setting them up with the local government.  Since then, it is feasible that CJNG has made further inroads with government officials.

I don't have any insight into 35Z but thought it should be pointed out that as far as Zetas goes, Carlos Guízar Valencia, alias "El Charly"/code name "Z43", is said to have a base of power in Huimanguillo, Tabasco, which borders the eastern municipalities in Region 6, so I would assume Coatzcoalcos, Choapas, and Minatitlan are within his spear of influence.  Maxiley Barahona Nadales, alias "El Max" and "El Contador"/code name "Z19" has been said to be located in the same area, but information on him is scarce.