Cartel map San Luis Potosi

leChef

At least six organized crime groups operate in the state of San Luis Potosí, according to the presentation given today at a press conference by the Secretary of the Navy, José Rafael Ojeda Durán .

The drug trafficking groups with a presence in the state are the Gulf Cartel, Los Zetas, the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel, the Northeast Cartel, the San Luis Potosí Nueva Generación Cartel and Los Talibanes .

According to information released today by the Secretary of the Navy, the Gulf Cartel has dominance in 19 municipalities of the entity, in the Altiplano Zone, in the Central Zone, the North Huasteca and part of the South Huasteca . It also has a presence in Salinas de Hidalgo, Rioverde and Ciudad del Maíz.

The Los Zetas cartel has dominion in eleven municipalities : in the Middle Zone, bordering Tamaulipas, and in the South Huasteca. They also have a presence in Matehuala and Rioverde.

The Jalisco Nueva Generación cartel has dominion in nine municipalities , especially in those that border Guanajuato. It also has a presence in Ciudad del Maíz, Ciudad Valles and Tamuín, as well as the municipality of Soledad de Graciano Sánchez.

The Northeast Cartel dominates three municipalities : Villa de Arista, Matehuala and the State Capital.

From the San Luis Potosí Nueva Generación Cartel , the Secretary of the Navy recognizes its presence in Huasteca, mainly in the municipalities of Ciudad Valles, Tamuín and San Vicente Tancuayalab.

The other cartel with a presence in the state is that of Los Talibanes, which has a presence in Santo Domingo, Villa de Ramos and Salinas de Hidalgo.

The federal Secretary of the Navy also considers the municipalities of Matehuala, Rioverde, Ciudad del Maíz, Ciudad Valles, Tamuín, San Vicente Tancuayalab, San Martín Chalchicuautla and the boundaries between San Luis Potosí and Villa de Zaragoza as the areas in conflict.

Source:
https://laorquesta.mx/al-menos-seis-grupos-del-narco-operan-en-slp-marina/
MX

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

MX
Welcome back, leChef!

What's with the "San Luis Potosí Nueva Generación Cartel"? Is it a new group or just a typo from the source? The map gives it a different color / designation than the CJNG. Maybe the journalist who wrote this report got some new and raw information about a new group in the area.

I wonder if we can get a map that isn't blurred. I'm curious to see the plaza bosses.

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

Thanks, been in Corona virus territory lately.

So the San Luis Potosí Nueva Generación Cartel is a local entity lead by Jorge Luis Soni Bulos, an ex-politician of an influential family.

The Gulf Cartel is lead by Alejandro Ochoa García AKA Cano AKA El 33, old school guy going all the way back to Juan Carlos de la Cruz Reyna AKA el JC or Tango 36.

Eduardo Cuitláhuac Flores Morales is plaza boss for CDN

Samuel Rodríguez is plaza boss for Los Zetas

CJNG is lead by a former Zeta, namely Alfredo Alemán AKA Comandante Aleman

Los Talibanes seems to be lead by Roel Velázquez Caballero

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

Sky98
Does the Zetas old scool still exist?

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

MaxiMillian2k19
They most likely integrated with the Matamoros based CDG group.
MX

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

MX
Nice info, leChef. I've added your post to the mainpage. Thank you for the post and the additional information. We look forward to more from you.

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

leChef
Thank you, MX. Always sweet to make the mainpage

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

El17
El Gato from BLO is independent and is powerful in SLP.  He broke away from El HH/El Burro when he went to prison.  I dont know how much he stays in touch with BLO.  Once he went independent he had a bunch of the people from his faction killed.  I think he came out on top.

Also.  Chapo Isidro was spotted at a basketball game in SLP.  Another old school BLO guy.  I dont know how much business he does.  He is also a very powerful drug trafficker either independent or still BLO idk.

So many competing factions in one suburb.  They must have some agreements in place or it would be a blood bath.

El Gato's brother was just extradited for the South Lake Golf Cartel attorney murder.  On the main page.

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

El17
They exist.  There is some more info on the main board.  They are more focused on trafficking and making money and not confronting the authorities like some other groups.

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

@MX: I made an error. Samuel Rodríguez is the plaza boss of Los Zetas. I originally wrote CDN, and I think it transferred over to the main page article of yours.
MX

Re: Cartel map San Luis Potosi

MX
No worries, I've fixed it. Thanks again for the great post.