Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
This post was updated on .
I was walking around the market area downtown matamoros yesterday and a street vendor was selling CDG hats. Right next to them were cartel de Tamaulipas hats.is this a new cartel? I’ve never heard of them.

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Felix
probably just slang for cdg

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
That’s what I was thinking. I was kinda surprised to see those hats for sale. Never thought I’d see that

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Podrido
I think what confuses me more than anything else is that Cártel apparel is being sold openly in the streets like that. Though I guess I shouldn't be too shocked, since Matamoros is pretty firmly a CDG stronghold, so I suppose it's not like there's much danger in repping a CDG hat there?

Is this a normal thing though, to see Cártel branded clothing being sold in public?

As for the 'Cártel de Tamaulipas' I've not heard this name in use either, but given the CDG has a strong showing throughout the state despite how splintered they may be I agree, it's likely just another name for them.
Just a lurker.

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
I’m interested to see if anyone else here has seen this stuff for sale elsewhere,right matamoros has always been a CDG stronghold but there’s other cartels there also.when I was looking at those hats i  was thinking what if a rival cartel saw the guy selling those? The vendors safety might be in jeopardy.and what do the military and police think. Crazy for sure.  I’m gonna be back over there in a day or so and I’ll snap a picture
MX

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

MX
I saw them in the main plaza too. But I have not seen people wearing them. I think its more of a collectible. Should I feel bad if I buy one? I won't wear it and all, but who knows when they'll stop selling them.

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
Mx
I was thinking the same thing.

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

blanco puro
buy it and wear it.
no jam
MX

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

MX
I'll buy it if I see one again and I'll post it here. I saw those traditional "CDG" and "Cártel del Golfo" ones. I was with my family and didn't want to buy one in front of them.

But I don't think I'll wear it in public, even in Brownsville. I wonder what the US Customs agents would say if I cross the border wearing it!

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
Well for whatever reason I bought one this morning in matamoros.”I don’t even wear hats”and if I did I wouldn’t wear this one.i was a little nervous just buying it.kinda looked around to see who was watching.customs didn’t look in my bag.150 pesos.

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
MX

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

MX
Nice! Probably wearable for Halloween!

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

ToPHeR
Hook a friend up with one?? please! matches my initials!

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Podrido
Hah! So you actually got one? I have to admit that's kind of neat even if I can't condone their actions. Certainly interesting from a collector's point of view! I've always been interested in getting one for that reason.
Just a lurker.

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Catdog
I see there’s one on eBay .

Re: Cartel de Tamaulipas??

Podrido
Is there? I see lots of 701 hats, but no CDG.
Just a lurker.