Cartel Recruitment

Huero
I have noticed that many US born hispanics are engaged in the turf wars down south. I have a question regarding the recruiting practices they go through. Do the cartels prefer native Mexicans over bilingual candidates? Do bilingual recruits have a better chance at promotion or leadership roles as opposed to simply being foot soldiers? If you are one of these recruits, I would prefer your opinion over that of a spectator.

Re: Cartel Recruitment

Snowbird
Unless you're a blood relative, consider yourself cannon fodder. there is no pay differential for being bi-lingual or a yank. get yourself educated and get a real job where the retirement doesn't suck. GAFES,Marinos,PF's, AFI's all highly trained, get sent on suicide missions all the time and end up being interrogated and whacked on video. You'll get paid for a month then sent on high risk job and bye bye. So, like I said unless you're blood to the leadership forget it.

Re: Cartel Recruitment

Huero
Excellent point Snowbird. I'm sure blood relatives have an advantage. However, I would imagine that a Mexican-American could prove more useful by having the ability to cross borders and also have a network of potential customers/affiliates they grew up with here stateside.