Cartel Land Free on youtube

GRILLO

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

_Bones
Just saw it in theaters this weekend. Good documentary, great footage! Although if you're able to see it in theaters please do so and support the film. Only watch it for free if you are unable to see it otherwise. Cheers!

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Did Mireles order a detained templario's execution? Or was it a scare tactic?

In one scene, Mireles and the AD are on the road. They set up a checkpoint. He is heard explaining that the Templarios could attempt to return to the area.

A car approaches but then attempts to flee the area. One person is detained. They are asking him for what I believe are templario radio codes. Detainee says he is not willing to talk.

Mireles is then heard saying that other templario detainees have been set free too many times. The AD turn them into authorities and the authorities release them. He then consults the guys to get any information they can out of him and bury him as soon as possible.

Cartel Land - (40:30-44:00)

I think I heard him say, "Le sacan todo lo que puedan y despues lo entierran". Meaning... "Get what you can out of him and then bury him."

Or he could have said/meant, "Le sacan todo lo que puedan y despues lo entregan". Meaning... "Get what you can out of him and then turn him in."

But the latter wouldn't make much sense because he just got through complaining about the authorities releasing templarios. Or would it?

Or it could have been a scare tactic. Maybe the guy was standing nearby and could hear what was being said. Mireles was going to walk away and well you get the point. Good cop bad cop. "Vale mas que hables cabron, Mireles wants us to bury your ass!

Then it jumps to a scene with Mireles spending time with Ana Valencia and family, after months of being away.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

castano

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Maddy
Wow. I got respect for Dr . Mireles,  but what do you think about him dating that 18yrs old that can be his grandchild?. I see it wrong. But mexico has that tradition. At least that's his compensation for rising in arms..lol..

We all have different views. Oh well.

@777 yes, Mireles did say entierenlo,  bury him"..cause he said if we give them to the federales, they'll let them go with their guns so you can't forgive him cause if it was them, they wouldn't forgive you. So get from him all the information you can and bury him"..thats exactly what he said. And it wasn't Mireles scare tactic cause he was whispering.

Here in Laredo, you call those old men chacales'(sex offender). How can you be 60 plus and start having feelings for a teen girl that can be way younger than his own children?..that's just disgusting. Watching the video of him holding her legs and sweet talking her is just disgusting. Un chacal. But of him standing up with arms, on that part I do agree and respect but now I think different of the old man.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

_Bones
Yes, the philandering did make me think less of Mireles, but I try to remind myself that many great leaders in this country (Clinton, Kennedy) do the same thing.

As for executing that guy, it sure didn't seem like a scare tactic, and I hope they did kill the dude, but its crazy that they allow all this to be captured on camera!

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

About the girl. Was that the girl that was with him on the plane, at the time of the accident? She kinda had that hood rat look, right? Sorry.

His wife was by his side after the accident. Priscila(Grillonautas) and Talia Vasquez hate his wife. I think they even said she abandoned him after the accident. Or that the wife didn't care and wanted him dead. Something like that.

Mireles' last few months were a train wreck. He was labeled as mentally unstable and Castillo wanted him gone. Papa Pitufo was happy with his new FR shirt and shiny new weapons. I hate to say it but I always felt Mireles wanted to be the center of attention. It was disappointing seeing him deteriorate as time passed. At first he was the respected doctor that was fed up and willing to fight back. In the end a creepy man chasing criminals while acting like one? And he has a teen girlfriend!

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Nutcase
Anyone know where I can watch it with English subtitles?

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

GRILLO
Is it possible the Gov't or the cartels placed the girl in his circle?  Not sure if it's because he got creepy with her but she seems not too interested in him at the end.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Kozmoz
The whole thing started reminding me of El Infierno towards the end

Doc

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Doc
Unfortunately "This video has been removed by the user."

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Cuidado
One thing is for sure in regards to Cartel Land.  The situation in Michoacan is very murky.  It's difficult to tell who is working for who etc.  Who in the hell was that last guy working for? He was from the US obviously.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

@NAJ.  I have refrained from commenting on your previous comments about Dr. Mireles and his young girl friend, but you calling him a sex offender crossed the line.

First off, get your facts straight.  You said a 60+ year old man having a relationship with a teen age (17 or 18) makes him a sex offender.  In a Jan. 2014 BB story the Dr.'s age is stated as 56, which would probably have made him 55 when he started the relationship.  Not that 5 or 6 years makes any difference, but what if that 5 or 6 years was in the other direction, which would have put him in his forties?  Where do you draw the line and classify him as a "sex-offender"?

Your statements personally offend me and here is why.

I was in my mid fifties when I met a beautiful girl barely out of her teens who lived down the street from me.
We would just talk over the fence in front of my house as she would not come in the gate for quite some time.  I found out talking to her not only was she very attractive she was intelligent and a interesting person.

Finally on a very hot day I asked her if she would like to come in the house and have a coke.  She did, but she told me to leave the front door open so the neighbors would not think badly of her.  After that we would take walks, go to dinner, or to the plaza to hear some group perform, but never in my car.  There was no sex involved and that was ok with me as I just enjoyed being with her.

After almost a year, after she had a fight with her mother about seeing me, her mother threw her clothes out in the street.  I told her she could live with me and I had a separate  bedroom  she could use.  To be honest that arrangement did not last long.

But after about 3 years, I thought "this is crazy", us just living together.  I knew I cared for her and even with our age difference I thought she truly cared for me and I thought I could give her a better life than she had in the past (very poor).

So we were married and now after nearly 17 years together ( 14 1/2 of those being married years), I still think she is as beautiful as when I met her.  But that or sex is not what has made our marriage a happy one,it is because she is just a good caring person.  We have raised her son (who was 2 when we met) and he is now ready to start his second year in college.

I'll soon be 73 years old.  Does that make me a sex offender by your definitions?

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

GRILLO
That's just weird.  How would you feel if your daughter was dating a man 40 plus years older than her?  if it was my kid I know what I would do.  Just my opinion.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

@Grillo.  In my case there is not quite a 40 +year difference in our ages but that is not the point.  Her father died a few years ago.  I thought he was a good man and I think he thought I was a good man.  We had a good relationship.

His concern for his daughter was not the age differential of his daughter and her husband, only that her husband love  her and care for her and try to make her happy.  Which is what I did and do and she is happily married.  I guess that is weird.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

GRILLO wrote
That's just weird.  How would you feel if your daughter was dating a man 40 plus years older than her?  if it was my kid I know what I would do.  Just my opinion.

with an attitude like that she will marry by the time she is 10 years old  .girls look for older father figures  when they live by that macho  law .

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

dave
I understand . Hear , hear.

Re: Cartel Land Free on youtube

Maddy
Se ofendio hermano? Dispense si se le cayo el saco.

Con todo respeto oiga pero no es mi culpa como usted se sienta. O porque le gustan chavalas a usted como quiera esta mal eso. Sabes.