Cartel Fragmentation in Guerrero: Up to 21 Groups are Operating

Cartel Fragmentation in Guerrero: Up to 21 Groups are Operating

Anasazi
Can anyone here name all 21 groups??

http://punto.mx/publicacion/en-guerrero-hay-fragmentacion-de-carteles-vocero-seguridad-21446

In Guerrero there is fragmentation of cartels says Security spokesperson

By Redaccion, Punto MX

In the state of Guerrero, "there is a process of fragmentation of cartels" of organized crime, said the entity's security spokesman, Roberto Álvarez.

The official said that the Coordination Group of Guerrero has several studies that vary in the number of criminal gangs identified, with a range of 12 to 21 that are active.

"At the moment we can no longer talk about the presence of cartels as we traditionally knew them, but rather there is a process of atomization, fragmentation in different criminal gangs by each region," said Roberto Alvarez during an interview for the "Atando Cabos" newscast.

He pointed out that this fragmentation, with a greater number of bands "we see that violent acts, intentional homicides, clashes between the bands by the disputes that exist for the territories increase".

He cited the case of the cartel led by the Beltran Leyva, "in Guerrero there are groups that were directly linked to this cartel, but this cartel has practically been erased, some of its leaders are dead and others are behind the bars serving sentences or in judicial process."

Of the 'Los Granados', he said, they were  associated with the Beltrán Leyva but are now a criminal group of its own 'and the Sinaloa cartel,' had its presence and now has fragmented into very specific groups like the Guerrero Independiente Cartel ... ".

Álvarez mentioned that there is planting, cultivation and harvesting of the poppy "it is a criminal activity that is in the center of this," which is used for heroin, a drug much demand in the United States. He said that this occurs in Tierra Caliente, La Montaña baja y altaand in la Costa Chica and "this makes the criminal groups that are facing each other seek control of these territories for this criminal activity."

Of the detention of Ruben Granados Vargas, alias 'El Nene', the spokesman said that this person "was responsible for the wave of violence that is lived in the zone of Costa Grande."

Re: Cartel Fragmentation in Guerrero: Up to 21 Groups are Operating

Anon
 I've seen that there is like 14 groups in the Juarez Cartel, over 20 in CDS, at least a dozen in CDG. Basically, with the exception of CJNG all the cartels are just loose networks of independent cells. I guess the kingpin strategy accomplished this, but this really makes no difference when it comes to violence, trafficking or corruption. Sure the plaza bosses won't have as much money as the old time bosses like Amado Carrillo or Juan Garcia Abreggo, but in a country where the average income is $8,000 per year, a plaza boss pulling in tens to hundreds of million dollars per year will still have plenty of money to corrupt any officials he needs to. I think legalizing cannabis will have an impact, but to really destroy the cartels, Mexico will need to address the issues of poverty and corruption as well as a bottom up attack on the cartel cells. I don't know if Mexico has something similar to the CCE or RICO statute, but that's what they will need to attack these groups. It be best done on a state level in coordination with Federal authorities, rather than the military. Obviously though those institutions are still very corrupt.

Re: Cartel Fragmentation in Guerrero: Up to 21 Groups are Operating

This article names all 21 cartels (or gangs) of Guerrero and where they operate. No wonder it's so violent.What a clusterf**k!                                    http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/granados-gang-boss-caught-in-guerrero/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=b481920f61-April+13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-b481920f61-349512513

Re: Cartel Fragmentation in Guerrero: Up to 21 Groups are Operating

Chava
El Nene and 4 of his accomplices were freed yesterday (or the day prior, can't remember which). The GRO. powers to be claim that it is because of the 'new justice system.' They can't torture or mistreat the arrestees anymore