Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

Havana
Bogotá • The deputy chief of the Columbian, drug trafficking, criminal gang "Los Rastrojos", Jose Leonel Rodriguez, alias "El Pinky", was captured while closing business deals with emissaries from Cartel de Sinaloa Mexican drug trafficker Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman in a luxurious apartment in Bogota on Thursday. Colombian police said that Leonel Rodriguez alias "Pinky," second in command of recently hard hit and depleted, Los Rastrojos was responsible for the financial management of the criminal organization, and who managed to arrange "a thousand criminals" to guard centers of drug production in Colombia.

The National Police of Colombia warned that the Sinaloa cartel, headed by Joaquin "El Chapo Guzman", would directly grab the transport routes of cocaine that for years were held by allies the Colombian gang Los Rastrojos.

A police intelligence report indicated early Friday in the newspaper El Espectador, that Cartel de Sinaloa headed by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is looking to "inherit" the drug trafficking routes from   Los Rastrojos who are now behind bars.

According to the report released Friday, "the cartel of Sinaloa's interest focuses on the band Los Rastrojos, which in recent years  they've been  allied with and who were in charge of the transporting and delivering of the drug from the Central American coast."

They would also initiate a process of "re-engineering other business as a result of the blows. That is why the Sinaloa cartel "decided to launch a restructuring and take responsibility from the production and delivery of drugs to Central America."

"The main mafias would be sending emissaries to get agreements with leaders of criminal gangs and organize their own routes from the Pacific and the Atlantic," warns the report.

The official report notes that the crisis has caused Colombian cartels and Mexican cartels to invest in equipment, boats,  aircraft etc. for cocaine shipments without intermediaries.

http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=321727

http://monterrey.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/14541ec09e5556fe8943ac35e1ca99f9

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

Cristero
If el chapo takes control of the entire route then he would be just one step from contoling the entire down. he would only need to control the making of the cocaine paste, that would be both good and bad for him. Good for him on the sense that his overhead will be drastically cut and would maximize his profits which would be bad for everybody esle becuase that would make hime richer and more powerful, but bad for him in the sense that he would be putting all his eggs in a single basket and if he would ever be cught or killed his entire down line will fall. just "My Dos Centavos"  Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

FreeMexico

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

ToPHeR
At this point, I doubt the capture of Chapo would hurt CDS. He's pretty much set up the cartel in a way that it can survive without him.

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

FreeMexico

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

Sinaloa2256

ToPHeR
This also makes me wonder why Chapo is still even using Colombian suppliers? I know he will still buy some supply from them, but I though Chapo was trying to setup his own production in South America?

Hi everyone- I think it definitely sounds like that especially since Los Rastrosjos taken such a hit lately whether CDS was planning to do this in the future anyway, I don't know, but if they didn't move now on it others definitely would.

That is clearer, but other articles, I have been reading have said CDS is planning to keep the routes like they aren't up for grabs.

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

FreeMexico

Re: Capture of Los Rastrosjos, "El Pinky" - signals El Chapo's move to Protect CDS Trafficking Routes from Columbia

Havana
Really does make sense.