Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

There isn't much info yet as it's just breaking news I saw on TV news so whether it's another gangster or an expat wintering in Mexico don't know yet.(I tend to go with the latter).Global Affairs confirms death of Canadian citizen in Mexico

CTV map shows Mexico.

 Amanda Coletta, CTVNews.ca Staff
 Published Saturday, February 2, 2019 3:13PM EST
 Last Updated Saturday, February 2, 2019 4:11PM EST

      Global Affairs Canada said on Saturday that it is aware of the death of a Canadian citizen in Mexico and is providing consular services to the family.

      “We offer our deepest condolences to the family and friends of the Canadian citizen,” Stefano Maron, a spokesperson for Global Affairs, said in a statement to CTVNews.ca.

More to come…

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/global-affairs-confirms-death-of-canadian-citizen-in-mexico-1.4280271

Re: Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

stevectpa
This post was updated on .
Found this, but don't  have access to rest of story.....there are some comments from someone who said they were an eye witness that are enlarged below, here is what the post said:

"My neighbor and his wife witnessed it.  It was about 11:40 am on the path next to El Dorado (Raddison) that is a shortcut from the Libramiento to the Carreterra.  Goes by the Pilates place, a school, the little theater and El Parque.  What he saw was a man who appeared to be Mexican shoot an elderly gringo man and, after he was down, shot him again in the head.  Then he ran away.  They called for help, but it was too late.  The man is dead."

Near  Lake Chapala / Ajijic..

https://lakechapalareporter.com

Re: Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

Chava

Re: Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

elranarene
Have been there last year for a short visit and it was strange area.
At first sight a beautiful area with nice houses, lots of arts, restaurants and some small hotels but at a closer look you could easily see the halcones all over the place.
Drunken or druged teenagers and adults hanging the around the lakeside and beetwen some tourists and expats.

Dont know what makes this area so special cause sea water should not be suitable for swimming/bathing.

Tequila aficionado

Re: Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

Chava

Re: Canadian murdered by gunshot in home invasion near Guadalajara

stevectpa
This might be the home invasion story....the other was a solo murder out on the path...

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/53032-couple-slain-at-chapala-house